• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creative moveset/ev spread thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen today
    Ok, in this topic you can post new and creative movesets/ev spreads. I got the idea from smogon and though it may be fun here.

Now this is just an experiment and if it starts getting nooby, spammy and generally out of hand and what not, it will be closed.

1. No flaming others movesets, if you do, you will be infracted. However, you can discuss and suggest to make it better.

2. No posting movesets/spreads that have already been mentioned previously in this thread. There is a "search this thread" function, learn to use it.

3. Don't post obviously standard movesets, learn to know standards here (if you don't already) : - https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

4. By creative, I DO NOT MEAN novelty garbage aka Choice Specs Garchomp and Gyarados, Bulky Luvdisc, Walling Delibird, Calm Mind Sweeping Medicham so don't post these sort of sets =/. It has to have some viable competitive use. Speaking of competitive, don't post in-game sets either.

Use this format : -

Pokemon@Item
    Ev spread
    Nature
    Ability (if required)
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4

<Description of the set explaining what it is capable of, what it does, damage calcs...etc>

You may post pictures of said Pokémon with your sets, either from : - Here or Here

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Just to note again, this is an experiment, if you all lose your cool... we won't hesitate to cut the chord. If you all behave and things run smoothly, we'll keep it. :D

Remember, this is where you post creative movesets and such, not request. "Hey can I have a creative set for Suicune?!" No. You do not request here. If you wish to request movesets, take it to the Request a Team / Individual Move Set Thread.

Happy posting. :D

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    HERE I GOES!

Yes, Mr. Fail is taking a stab at this.

Aerodactyl@Leftovers
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly
    Pressure
    - Rock Slide/Roar
    - Protect
    - Fly
    - Substitute

<It's not quite a novelty set, I've used this to some success quite recently. Be sure to use this with Wish and Stealth Rock support. Rock Slide can flinch, but Roar can work with Stealth Rock support. After subbing, protecting, and flying up high, you will be at 15/16 HP. Of course, this can be beaten quite easily, by a little thing called Thunder.>

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    K, ill get us started ^__^.

Bronzong@Choice Band
    252 HP / 252 ATT / 6 DEF
    Brave Nature
    Trait : Levitate
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Rock Slide / Payback

CB zong hits VERY hard and ive used it on my TR team for a while. Capable of 2hkoing the standard Lucario even with Gyro Ball (which is resisted). Rock Slide is capable of 2hkoing standard Bold 252 HP / 220 def Zapdos. Explosion does massive damage to anything not immune or that resists it. Payback is pretty much for Dusknoir, cress and other bulky psychics.

Kingdra@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.DEF
    Bold Nature
    Trait : Sniper
    - Hidden power Electric / Dragon Pulse / Toxic
    - Surf
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

I made this kingra set to absorb status, since it only has one weakness . ABYAY and a few others will back me up on its usefulness.

The ev spread allows you to take hits on the physical side BETTER than standard vaporeon which makes this a very nice switch into Gyarados, which it is capable of 2hkoing with HP Electric. Although D-Pulse ot Toxic can go >>it if you dont care about Gyarados.

Another nifty fact about this is that can survive a + 2 NP LO Grass Knot from standard mixape with quite a bit to spare.

Sniper is also EXTREMELY helpful in long drawn out stall wars.

Last edited:

Walrein

Banned
    Years

• Weavile@Expert Belt
    Jolly nature
    38 EVs HP/252 Atk/220 Spe
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Pursuit
    ~Night Slash
    ~Brick Break
    The standart Weavile for opening the battle, but with a nasty suprise: 1 more speed point to outurn and OHKO opossing Weaviles!

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • How about DCBliss?

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    EVs: 216 Defence/74 HP or Sp. Atk/220 Sp. Def
    - Defence Curl
    - Thunder Wave/Toxic/Ice Beam
    - Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled

Could have a few less Def EVs and invest more in Sp. Atk if you decide to go Ice Beam, however Toxic offers good stalling support while TWave allows you to get more Defence Curls in against faster opponents, while also providing support for the team. Phazers are obviously a problem.

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Infernape with Focus sash,
    Nature: Jolly (+spd, -sp.att)
    Moves: swords dance, fire punch, close combat, and Earthquake.
    Evs: 252 Att, 252 spd, 6 HP
    Use swords dance in the beginning to double attack, if u get hit a powerful, u will hold on with focus sash, and ur fire tye attacks' power with be multiplied by 1.5

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • Creative moveset/ev spread thread.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Azelf:@ Choice scarf
    Naive
    180 spatt, 72 att, 252 spd, 6 hp
    -Psychic
    -Thunder blot
    -Explosion
    -Hp [ice]/Flamethrower

Mix sweeper, Right now, it's walled by bliss and snorlax and even bronzong, that is, if it doesn't have flamethrower. With naive, you out speed timid scarf gengar and therefore, Deoxes-E

Breloom:@ Toxic orb
    Jolly
    252 att, 252 spd, 6 hp
    -Seed bomb
    -Spore
    -Swords dance
    -Substitute

Spore, put up a sub for a switch, then SD away. It sadly is walled by skarmory.

Those are just ones that I'm working on.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Weavile@Expert Belt
    Jolly nature
    38 EVs HP/252 Atk/220 Spe
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Pursuit
    ~Night Slash
    ~Brick Break
    The standart Weavile for opening the battle, but with a nasty suprise: 1 more speed point to outurn and OHKO opossing Weaviles!

How is that creative ? One more speed point than standard = / = creative, you can do that for any poke =/.

How about DCBliss?

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    EVs: 216 Defence/74 HP or Sp. Atk/220 Sp. Def
    - Defence Curl
    - Thunder Wave/Toxic/Ice Beam
    - Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled

Could have a few less Def EVs and invest more in Sp. Atk if you decide to go Ice Beam, however Toxic offers good stalling support while TWave allows you to get more Defence Curls in against faster opponents, while also providing support for the team. Phazers are obviously a problem.

Haha, i remember running a similar set, although mine had Defense Curl AND Counter 0_o.

DragoniteMistress

Dabbler of the Strategies
    Years
  • Froslass @ Focus Sash
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 252 Speed / 188 Sp. Attack / 66 HP
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Destiny Bond

Taunt can cripple sluggish tanks and walls, and other such Pokemon. Boltbeam has some limited sweeping capabilities, Destiny Bond for obvious reasons.

Seems I'm a little rusty with my strategies, so I thought I'd give this a shot with one of my favorite Pokemon. I'm open for all advice, I really want to improve this old gal.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Here's another:

Cacturne: @ leftovers
    Brave
    252 hp, 252 att, 6 spd
    -Ingrain
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Payback

Pure annoyer. Ingrain prevents your sub from being blasted away. Leech Seed just drains hp while gaining some from that sub. Brave is for pay back, which gets 100 base +stab+Cacturne's good attack base when hit first or on a switch, which the opponent will likely do.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Froslass @ Focus Sash
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 252 Speed / 188 Sp. Attack / 66 HP
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Destiny Bond

Taunt can cripple sluggish tanks and walls, and other such Pokemon. Boltbeam has some limited sweeping capabilities, Destiny Bond for obvious reasons.

Seems I'm a little rusty with my strategies, so I thought I'd give this a shot with one of my favorite Pokemon. I'm open for all advice, I really want to improve this old gal.

Ive seen similar sets to this and it works great, although sometimes they have Spikes as a form of "UU Suicide lead".

Oh yeah, this is a nice set too.

Raikou@Leftovers / Light Clay / Shed Shell
    128 HP / 56 Sp.A / 172 Sp.D / 152 Speed
    Timid Nature
    - Discharge
    - Toxic
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen / Roar

Support Raikou. Discharge provides paralysis support whilst Toxic shuts down Swampert and common switch ins. Can PHaze in a pinch, however 8 turn light screen and reflect with Light Clay is awesome. Shed Shell allows it to escape dugtrio. Hidden power Ice can go in the last slot if you want better coverage (and to hit Garchomp and dragons etc)

Evs let you outrun Jolly Garchomp, however one may opt for a significantly bulkier spread with more hp and def and a + def or sp.def nature (which i may get around to doing=p).

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • Here's a little something I like to call the PLANT OF DOOM!
    Cradily@Lefties
    EV's:252 HP,164 Def, 92 Sp.Def
    Sassy Nature
    Moves:
    Stockpile
    Energy Ball
    Rock Slide
    Recover

Similar to some other Cradily sets but not identical. First of all, use it only in a Sandstorm. Energy Ball and Rock Slide provide it with some offence, but Stockpile is the fun move. After 2 Stockpiles Heracross barely 2HKO's with CC. After 3 stockpiles, a DD Dos fails to 3HKO after 2 DDs with Ice Fang(definately Bulky, possibly LO, can't recall which it was that I actually walled like that). And when they start getting close, you can Recover and you are good to go. Crits can some ruin you but, but with a little luck, you can tear apart entire OU teams.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • Drifblim@Jaboca Berry
    Timid nature, Unburden trait
    80 EVs HP/140 Def/202 SpA/70 SpD/18 Spe
    ~Hypnosis/Will-o-Wisp/Thunder Wave
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Thunderbolt/HP Flying
    ~Recycle/Calm Mind/Psychic

this set abuses Drifblim's amasing trait. Keep CMing, and when the foe strikes you with a physical attack-boom! It gets damaged and Unburden is working. Supposing Drifblim has 31 speed IVs, after one boost it will enjoy 440 speed-enought to outurn max speed+nature base 150 pokemon (meaning, any pokemon without a speed boost except of Ninjask and Deoxys-S). Recycle is LOL, but it's a nice idea.

That also makes a good qualifant for baton passing. And it could pass a total of four things with only 2 of them being on its moveset; calm mind, [ ] Berry, substitute, and it's unburden trait

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Here's a little something I like to call the PLANT OF DOOM!
    Cradily@Lefties
    EV's:252 HP,164 Def, 92 Sp.Def
    Sassy Nature
    Moves:
    Stockpile
    Energy Ball
    Rock Slide
    Recover

Similar to some other Cradily sets but not identical. First of all, use it only in a Sandstorm. Energy Ball and Rock Slide provide it with some offence, but Stockpile is the fun move. After 2 Stockpiles Heracross barely 2HKO's with CC. After 3 stockpiles, a DD Dos fails to 3HKO after 2 DDs with Ice Fang(definately Bulky, possibly LO, can't recall which it was that I actually walled like that). And when they start getting close, you can Recover and you are good to go. Crits can some ruin you but, but with a little luck, you can tear apart entire OU teams.

Why so much SpDef EVS?
    Put it in a sandstorm and give it more Def evs please.
    Also a Adamant Heracross 2hkos that set after 3 stock piles.
    DD Dos always 2hkos with Ice fang after 2 DD and 45.21% - 53.72% after 1.
    With max Defense theres a 50% chance of Heracross to 2hko it.
    Rest over Recover or its gona die from toxic ._.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back