• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • [CSDCC] the weather channel

[CSDCC] the weather channel

[CSDCC] the weather channel

See, I do not fail! :D

My golly those are adorable free hugs :3

Speaking of free hugs, I wonder if you've ever heard of that one music video released by an Australian band, Sick Puppies, which involves a man holding a "Free Hugs" sign. I actually saw that clip a few years ago and I was so surprised it got so many views.

Penelope

fluffy Flaaffy
    Years
  • There was a Dave Matthews Band (I think) music video where a dude just gave out free hugs all the time. It was great

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • There was a Dave Matthews Band (I think) music video where a dude just gave out free hugs all the time. It was great

I was at an anime convention where this girl (I would guess late teens early 20's) was just going up and randomly asking for a hug. I don't think anybody turned her down.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Honestly, hugging at cons bothers a lot of people, but I consider it a compliment if I'm in cosplay and someone thinks I'm convincing enough as the character to want to hug me. Though, wearing around my Ed cosplay (FMA) always gets people following me going "Aw, he's so tiny and cute!", and that's simultaneously a compliment, and slightly old. XD;

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • omg my fangirl crush/hero was totally talking about hugging his fans not long ago on twitter.

I love getting hugs at my convention. I don't usually hug others that often though, but I did hug a Loki cosplayer once. XD It's rare for me to ask for hugs rather than actually getting them.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I was at an anime convention not too long ago, and I wasn't hugged, haha. However, my cousin who I went with was hugged by someone cosplaying as the same character as her.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • The local con here I was hugged a few times due to cosplay since I did Nagisa from Free!. I actually got a few girls come up to me and start fangirling which was kinda unexpected and amusing xD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The local con here I was hugged a few times due to cosplay since I did Nagisa from Free!. I actually got a few girls come up to me and start fangirling which was kinda unexpected and amusing xD
    Oh my god, at one of the recent cons I was at, the hotel had an inside pool, and an entire group of Free! cosplayers were there, and sooo many people were crowding around the windows, and fangirls were screaming. It was a sight.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
  • Hey when did we change the rules for viewing the VIP member encyclopedia?
    I noticed that too, and I actually had a thread in that section.

I go to several Cons when it's affordable to do so. I don't normally let people hug me randomly. It makes me extremely uncomfortable and it can get annoying when people don't know when to break a hug off

Skip Class

Years
  • Oh my god, at one of the recent cons I was at, the hotel had an inside pool, and an entire group of Free! cosplayers were there, and sooo many people were crowding around the windows, and fangirls were screaming. It was a sight.

Haha I know that feel! The whole crowds and fangirls happen way more in group cosplays.
    It's not as noticable here since New Zealand cons are a lot smaller than the ones like in America. I remember when I went to Anime Expo about 3ish years ago, I'd see lots of fangirling over lots of different cosplays and cosplay groups and that was definitely a new sight to see.

Years
  • I've never attended a convention, but then again the ones we have in Australia are relatively small, almost exactly like what Zappyspiker said just above. And then again, the only thing I like about anime and manga is all the awesome fanart that shows up on sites like Pixiv and DeviantArt.

Skip Class

Years
  • I've never attended a convention, but then again the ones we have in Australia are relatively small, almost exactly like what Zappyspiker said just above.

I've been wondering what Aus cons were like in comparison to NZ and I'd always imagine them to be a lot bigger xD I'm making plans to go to hopefully go to PAX Aus at the end of this year so I guess I'll find out then. :p

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • The local con here I was hugged a few times due to cosplay since I did Nagisa from Free!. I actually got a few girls come up to me and start fangirling which was kinda unexpected and amusing xD

I had one girl fangirl over me because I was America from Hetalia last year. XD She came up and begged me for a hug, so I gave her one... can't remember if she had her picture taken with me. I thought it was cute since it had never really happened to me before.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I cosplayed Eren Jaeger (wow I am so original!!!!!) and I guess there were too many of me to have my character be special. At the SNK voice actors panel, all the cosplayers got to take a photo with the cast which was pretty cool. For the next con I'm going to, I'm probably going to cosplay from Hetalia with a friend or do a Devil is a Part-Timer one.

Oh my god, at one of the recent cons I was at, the hotel had an inside pool, and an entire group of Free! cosplayers were there, and sooo many people were crowding around the windows, and fangirls were screaming. It was a sight.

This sounds glorious. Wow, I wish I was there 8D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Eeek. Can't wait to attend Fiesta Equestria in Houston later on in June. I'm so excited. I'm sure they'll be plenty more conventions there as well, won't be able to attend them all but...who knows!

I've been wanting to go to Comic-Con, but you gotta be super lucky to even get to the badge purchase page. It's so difficult. still waiting for that open online registration >_>

Hey when did we change the rules for viewing the VIP member encyclopedia?

I don't think they've been changed since early last year. The last time it was changed was giving members with 2,000 posts or more (or was it less? more? I forget) access to the forum. I guess it was a way to bring a bit more activity. And we should bring it back to life imo. my thing is dead and i want to remake it tbh

Years
  • Fun fact, I've never been to a con of any kind! Probably because most of them mean travelling to somewhere like London... not many seem to happen in the UK anyway. Or maybe I've just never looked hard enough.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've never gone to a con before. My friends keep trying to get me to go to Anime Crossroads, but I'd like to lose a little weight so I can cosplay something decent without completely butchering it. Maybe next year....maybe....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back