• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • I used to use a walkman back even when everyone around me had gen 4 iPod Nanos because my parents thought I would be fine with just that and I didn't need a fancy pants iPod. So my 14 year old self spent a lot of time in school carrying the portable CD player around which I guess at the time was kinda embarrassing.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The first music playing device I had I got when I was in 5th grade. I had some cheap little 10 dollar thing from toys r us and I felt so embarrassed having it out because everyone else had ipods or portable cd players which were so much cooler. Then I finally worked up the courage to complain about having it and my dad got me an ipod nano for my 13th birthday. It got stolen during a football camp in 9th grade. They were kind enough to leave me my skullcandys though.

I have a funny story about a friend, john cena and a portable cd player. But that's another time. Another time.

Years
  • I remember having the 8-bit iPod Classic several years ago, but now I don't use that anymore. I did get a stronger one with 250 GB worth...but I don't use that anymore, either. Now I have a 16 GB red iPod Nano, and that works for me. I don't like using my phone to listen to music since it does eat up some memory on it.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I prefer to listen to music on my iPhone 4S. Spent a lot of time carrying both an iPod and a phone and it just felt easier to carrying than two different things. I've still got my 8GB touch if I wanted something separate, but for now I'll just stick with my iPhone.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I remember my first media player being a green iPod Mini, which I got back in 2004 when I was vacationing in Colorado. It was the same one as the sample image on Wikipedia. I thought it was the coolest thing, and I used it until I got a first gen. iPod Touch when those came out in 2007. I still have both.

These days, though, I prefer to use my laptop for all my music, or my iPhone if I'm on-the-go.

Penelope

fluffy Flaaffy
    Years
  • My first music device was a Sony Walkman for cds. I got it for my birthday one year. I put Pokemon and sailor moon stickers all over it. I made the mistake of taking it to school and this girl beat me up in the locker room and took it

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Some guy bought a designer watch for $3 at Goodwill, and sold it online for $2000.
    On one hand, he needed the money. On the other hand, I'm too broke to even consider 2000 dollar watches, and would kill to get a steal like that, I've been trying to look sharp for a while now on a low budget.

I still have an old CD player around here somewhere, even comes with a USB port for god knows what reason. Still buy CDS however, even if they're so expensive. I mean seriously, 20 bucks for Blind Guardian?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I used to own something similar to this:

Spoiler:

When my older sister bought her own iPod (the classic version), I got this instead.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • omg... my mom still has her old CD player. XD She still uses it every now and then as well lol. OMG you guys are making me feel so old right now. D:

pft, I had a portable cassette player when I was younger, yet people in here talking about portable CD players.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • My mom has a stereo that plays both CDs and the radio lol. It's kind of funny because she only uses it for the radio. She even still has a ton of CDs like... we're talking over a 100. I only have a select few, and yet lately my music tastes have changed drastically from pop-punk/alt rock to metal so... I don't even care that much about CDs anymore. Well, I do care about one very dearly, and that's my Pellek CD. <3

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • That's what mine does, most stereos do, actually :0 They seem to be going out of style, since internet radio is getting more popular.

I left all my CDs in Florida :(

Years
  • That's unfortunate... Most of the CDs I own are back at my parents' house, and ever since I had to move everything from my Dell laptop to my MacBook when I got it at the end of 2012 a lot of the music there can't play or register to an iPod because they haven't been read by iTunes or something.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • There's only one CD I care for, and I have already mentioned it. Other than that, the only ones I'll probably ever want are J-rock ones. Preferably anything from the GazettE because I have liked them for a really long time totally not because they look fucking gorgeous in their new photo that was just posted a while ago... oh no.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back