• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Curse of Hogwarts (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • @Star - You mean beater. The bludger is the crazy ball that flies around and is what beaters try to knock into other players with bats.

@Star, Gozil, Adventure - Rather than do a big series of single posts, would you be up for doing a JP once Adventure has done her response post?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @Star - You mean beater. The bludger is the crazy ball that flies around and is what beaters try to knock into other players with bats.

@Star, Gozil, Adventure - Rather than do a big series of single posts, would you be up for doing a JP once Adventure has done her response post?
    I'm pretty slow when it comes to making JPs... Especially if we're 4 people o.o So I would prefer posting directly in the IC because otherwise god knows how much I'll hold this RP up :p

Years
  • Personally I prefer JPs since it's more organised and flows better than random posts, plus it doesn't result in lots of short and uninteresting posts. However, you're the boss.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Personally I prefer JPs since it's more organised and flows better than random posts, plus it doesn't result in lots of short and uninteresting posts. However, you're the boss.
    No, I'm not the boss in this matter :3 We can try a JP first!

Years
  • Joint posts do have their advantages and disadvantages. Joint posts do normally take considerably longer to write, although they are usually more content filled whereas normal posts can get a bit...well, boring I guess. I think that the key is that if we do normal posts, our lovely GM will need to make sure at least something is constantly happening so that we don't end up with stale conversation.

Also, thanks Pie, beater is the term I was looking for! :D

Years
  • Not a problem Star :D
    I think you hit the nail on the head, so long as theirs lots of interesting content and a good flow I can probably tolerate individual posts but I feel that those things are hard to achieve in this situation through individual posting.

Like I said though, I definitely don't want to be the annoying Nazi guy who has to have his way.

Years
  • Just throwing my two sickles in, but consider the issue from everyone else's point of view. If we do a JP, we're all quiet for a while, then suddenly put up a big, content-filled post. If we do single posts, then we have content on a steady drip, little bits of it coming in all the time.

So do we do the big, organised JP, or the constant, random single posts? I thought our last joint post worked out pretty well, if you guys want to do that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    We can try a JP and if it turns out I am too slow, maybe we need to try shorter posts. Pull up a pad! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    Does anyone else currently play two characters? Not sure how that works out, besides a change in point of view, which could be repetitive, and messy if I'm not careful with it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Does anyone else currently play two characters? Not sure how that works out, besides a change in point of view, which could be repetitive, and messy if I'm not careful with it.
    You can still call Jasper your main. I meant, if you are going to feature Tara so much that you have her make actions or display thoughts on her own without Jasper, you might want to make a SU and dub her a secondary character. But if you are going to focus solely on your main's perspective, I suppose it's okay if you just keep going as you are now :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    Oh, I don't actually mind having her as an alt, just wondering how often I might end up getting to the point where she's away from Jasper. Besides, doing SU's can't really do anything other than help out.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh, I don't actually mind having her as an alt, just wondering how often I might end up getting to the point where she's away from Jasper. Besides, doing SU's can't really do anything other than help out.
    Do it if you feel like she's important enough :3 I'll add her to the front page if you SU her. There's no problem if you realize that there's yet another char you'd like to SU for in the future. I said 2 chars but I don't think more will hurt much.

Here's that pad for custom spells

I hope you guys don't mind but I took the liberty of creating a simple format for us to follow in order to keep the pad organised.
    Awesome! Adding it to first OOC post.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • Sorry for the bit of the wait it took for me to make a post I was recently dealing with a bit of sickness along with a backlog of work I need to complete, hopefully I'll get my posting scheduele back to a rather decent time/speed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    Do it if you feel like she's important enough :3
    Oh, I am currently trying to write up an SU for her, just haven't been able to get my thoughts across for it. As it currently stands, the way I'm phrasing everything seems more like a copypasta of what I did for Jasper, which is something I'm trying to work on, when it comes to SU's. Definitely wouldn't say Tara isn't important to him, much like what Dream's character feels about the voice in his head.

DreamOrDestruction said:
    Sorry for the bit of the wait it took for me to make a post...
    And yay, the Slythies are all together for the moment. Morrison is serving as a far better distraction than I thought he would. Don't mind me using that to get Jasper out of Fitz's buddy hug.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry for not checking the pad >.< I didn't realize that you actually wanted me to interact with you guys now (Ravenclaws). So you were waiting for me to start, and like find the students?

Basty and Rai, I added to our pad! :]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back