• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cursing

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    What are your opinions on cursing? Think they're inappropriate? Think they're just another word in the dictionary and mean the same thing emotionally as any other? Think they're just words used to exaggerate emotions?

Do you care if someone curses?

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • This is quiet interesting actually...tbh, I don't see why swearing is so bad. I mean, at the end of the day, they're just words used to express someone's feelings, it's be kinda the same as saying "yay", which is also used to express ones feelings. That in mind...I think I'm the only person in my year at school who doesn't curse (yeah, ok, I may use some swears online, but that's different kinda...idk :\).

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I am proud to say I have never swore at anyone in my entire life.

I think swearing won't make any situation better, only worse. So I just use appropriate words to voice my strong opinions.

Years
  • Yes, I curse.
    I do it when the situation calls for it.
    However, I will never EVER curse when I am around my family. I find it disrespectful to curse around the people who have brought me up and it is rude. I have, and never will, curse in front of them.​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What are your opinions on cursing?
    idk. They're there. I swear a lot online, hardly ever in person though. If I ever do in person, I'm either trying to tell a joke that makes no sense without the emphasis of a curse, or if I'm just really mad.

Think they're inappropriate?
    When they're out of context and uncalled for, yes. Especially in an emotional situation, it doesn't help to have someone cursing at you, it only makes you feel worse.

Think they're just another word in the dictionary and mean the same thing emotionally as any other?
    Personally, I have always wondered who died and christened them bad. Otherwise I think they're just there, but with a stronger presence.

Think they're just words used to exaggerate emotions?
    Yeah I reckon.

No, unless their sentence consists of "f this f that" every step of the way through. Or if there's a curse in there just for the hell of it. Just seems pointless.

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
  • I swear A LOT, and at people too. I don't mind if some is swearing, or even at me, unless they're like f u you fing ftard

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    "Think they're just another word in the dictionary and mean the same thing emotionally as any other?"
    That one.

I honestly don't care, I curse every single day.

Years
    Cursing never bothered me.

Sometimes I do, but mostly no.

Think they're just another word in the dictionary and mean the same thing emotionally as any other?
    Yes, but they just have a more stronger meaning, you know?

Mostly.

No, I curse myself. I just hate when the sentence is FILLED with them.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I don't really mind cursing. (I do it myself). People often curse when they are mad or depressed about something, and that's okay as well. The only time I see them as inappropriate was when they use cursing to hurt someone, which falls right under name calling and bulling.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Look I do sometimes, but I don't really like it. When other people openly swear, especially when it isn't necessary I find it really unattractive and a bit irksome.
    I don't appreciate swearing really, most of the time it is unnecessary and the person is either going for a cheap joke, or think they are tough or rebellious which I don't really admire.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I don't really care about cursing; it doesn't bother me that much.

It depends when they're cursing and why.

Well, they are just another word, but are more offensive to others.

Most likely.

No, not at all. Although if they curse at me they can expect some curse words back.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I probably swear more than most people but if I'm in a bad mood or just generally upset swearing always makes it worse. I prefer swearing in everyday conversation rather than in heated moments because they don't help you get your point across and make it harder to deal with even if it shouldn't.

Years
  • I think swearing has its time and place. I try my hardest not to swear at work (at least, loud enough to be heard *whistles innocently* and never at customers!), or among children, but on MSN, talking with friends, in a relaxed atmosphere with older people, I feel it's fine. Also, it's best to to swear to insult someone, or to intentionally hurt them. That's just not cool.

That said, I swear a lot at home that sometimes it's embarrassing. 8) At work I keep it to a minimum, so much so that when I do swear loud enough to be heard, everyone gets all shocked about it. My co-workers think it's funny. I'm still left going "bwuh?" because like I said, I swear a lot at home...

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I swear all the time...in my head. I hardly ever actually say them, since they're such strong words and if someone like me said them out loud it would be...awkward, to say the least. :P

I don't really mind if someone else swears though. It depends on what they're swearing for; my reactions range from laughter to annoyance.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I swear when I'm frustrated, or sometimes for comedic effect. The words really mean nothing to me and I've been almost completely desensitized to them. I'll obviously watch my words when I'm around children or people who really dislike cussing, but when I'm with friends or with my family? Yeah I don't care.

Swearing was never a big deal in my house. :/ Once my parents knew I knew swear words and when it was appropriate to use them, they stopped watching what they said around me so much. If my dad dropped something on his foot or my mom broke a dish, they'd swear to let their frustration out (assuming my younger brother wasn't around :p). I guess I just kind of picked up my attitude on it from them.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm just like almost everyone else here. I don't care about cursing but I know when to watch what I'm saying. It has its appropriate times and its inappropriate times. I could get much more offensive without cursing once if I ever wanted to.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    As long as it isn't constant and in every sentence, then I'm all fine with swearing. I don't love it, but I like using it as it gets rid of stress and it has comedic effect.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • It's fine in moderation, and as someone said earlier it can be used for humour. I have no problems with swearing or hearing other people swear.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    What are your opinions on cursing?
    I have no opinion one way or the other. All I know is, the word filter here should be removed.

Curses do have their appropriate time and place. The real trick is know when the appropriate time and place is.

Pretty much, yeah.

Curses are far more versatile than that.

Hell no.

Back