• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cute Pokemon Club ♬

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
The talk about Tyrunt made me realise how cute a lot of the two-stage fossil Pokemon actually are in their first form. Omanyte, Anorith, Lileep and Tyrunt at least are pretty cute in my eyes, I'd just never really thought about it before, because I usually associate the fossil Pokemon with their second stage, which I think everyone can agree typically don't fall under the cute category :p But yeah, anyone else think so too, or is my perception of cuteness just completely off? D:

I should probably go back and actually use Amie for interactions sometime. In ORAS I practically only really used it to get my Pokemon stronger right at the start of the game, and completely forgot it existed afterwards, so I'll probably look to catch some cute Pokemon to check out the actual interaction side of it sometime ;D

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
The talk about Tyrunt made me realise how cute a lot of the two-stage fossil Pokemon actually are in their first form. Omanyte, Anorith, Lileep and Tyrunt at least are pretty cute in my eyes, I'd just never really thought about it before, because I usually associate the fossil Pokemon with their second stage, which I think everyone can agree typically don't fall under the cute category :p But yeah, anyone else think so too, or is my perception of cuteness just completely off? D:

I should probably go back and actually use Amie for interactions sometime. In ORAS I practically only really used it to get my Pokemon stronger right at the start of the game, and completely forgot it existed afterwards, so I'll probably look to catch some cute Pokemon to check out the actual interaction side of it sometime ;D
I'm surprised you didn't mention the Amaura line, not a fan of it?

and you better change the avatar to Orville.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'm surprised you didn't mention the Amaura line, not a fan of it?

and you better change the avatar to Orville.
Oh, Amaura should definitely be there, I just kinda forgot about it since I'm not too familiar with the sixth gen Pokemon. I was going through the menu icons of the Pokemon when making the list, and thought Amaura's looked quite intimidating, though I do remember the sprite for it being one of the cuter ones when it comes to the fossil Pokemon. So yeah, not because I dislike it, just not familiar enough with the sixth gen Pokemon that it was one that immediately came to mind :D

I'll change to Orville sometime, don't worry ;)

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I think this topic has been done before, but it never hurts to do it again. :)

New topic:
Have you ever kept a Pokemon to a certain evolution stage? If so which Pokemon are they? Why not allowing them to evolve? Oh, keep it mind it must be a cute Pokemon, since we're in Cute Club. Lol

Years
Skitty is one Pokemon that is difficult for me to evolve... It's just so darn cute! I mean, I guess Delcatty is cute, too but... Small and pink with the closed eyes is even cuter. Other Pokemon who are cutest in their initial forms are Teddiursa, Snubbul, and the starter Pokemon. Although I think Braixen and Wartortle are just as cute as their first form.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I think this topic has been done before, but it never hurts to do it again. :)

New topic:
Have you ever kept a Pokemon to a certain evolution stage? If so which Pokemon are they? Why not allowing them to evolve? Oh, keep it mind it must be a cute Pokemon, since we're in Cute Club. Lol

I have an Oddish which I have kept as an Oddish in my current Johto Grass Monotype. This is partly so he can learn moves far earlier and partly because I am not a fan of Glooms design for a male form of the Weed Pokemon. Oddish is a very cute Pokémon particularly it's Shiny Form. :)

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I've never actually done it before, though I have thought about it plenty of times. I just like being as strong as possible though! If i did do it though it would definitely be either Chimchar or Wartortle. I've always loved the cuteness of the starter pokemon 1st and 2nd stages. These two though just take the cake for me when it comes to how adorable they are while still packing a punch in battle. If possible i would carry 2 chimchar and wartortle and evolve one of each all the way through so that i could have the attack power i wanted while still having the adorableness of the other ones ♥

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I've never actually done it before, though I have thought about it plenty of times. I just like being as strong as possible though! If i did do it though it would definitely be either Chimchar or Wartortle. I've always loved the cuteness of the starter pokemon 1st and 2nd stages. These two though just take the cake for me when it comes to how adorable they are while still packing a punch in battle. If possible i would carry 2 chimchar and wartortle and evolve one of each all the way through so that i could have the attack power i wanted while still having the adorableness of the other ones ♥

I love how you mentioned ' If i did do it though it would definitely be either Chimchar or Wartortle.' ^_^

I'm taking that Lisia and you love Wartortle's tail! :B

Skitty is one Pokemon that is difficult for me to evolve... It's just so darn cute! I mean, I guess Delcatty is cute, too but... Small and pink with the closed eyes is even cuter. Other Pokemon who are cutest in their initial forms are Teddiursa, Snubbul, and the starter Pokemon. Although I think Braixen and Wartortle are just as cute as their first form.

I have an Oddish which I have kept as an Oddish in my current Johto Grass Monotype. This is partly so he can learn moves far earlier and partly because I am not a fan of Glooms design for a male form of the Weed Pokemon. Oddish is a very cute Pokémon particularly it's Shiny Form. :)

I can see that cute Skitty of yours performing in Contest Spectacular! Speaking of Contest Spectacular, CharmedGardy here is a regular of the contest, Lisia. You should give him an autograph.

You have no idea how happy I am when you said Snubbull is cute, I like it a lot and it's a cute Pokemon. ^_^

Braixen is awesome. ;) Syd will be happy to hear that! XD

I didn't evolve my Teddiursa in my classic Silver version, he was like this pet/teddy bear in my team. XD I wish I could have done that in SoulSilver but I was lacking of motivation.

Crystal Berry loves Oddish a lot! Who should talk to her about Oddish. ^_^

The Contest Spectacular from earlier reminded me of a new topic: Who's your Contest Star? Tell us about this Pokemon!~ I will feed you PokeBlocks if you include a story/history behind this Pokemon XD.

Years
Who's your Contest Star? Tell us about this Pokemon!~

Well, going back to my original Ruby I actually had this Roselia that won me a Master Rank Beauty Contest despite its moveset not being well-matched (it had four moves from different contest categories, only one move it had was Beauty) yet somehow I managed to edge out an Electrode (I recall that opponent is really difficult to beat) by just a few points.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
-feeds Nichole blue Pokeblock-

To be real honest I was expecting you to say the legendary queen Swampy or your fabulous red Duskull.~ I'm wondering if the Roselia has something to do with a certain green haired anime character, either way you got a great taste on using Roselia.~ <3 And I recall that infamous exploding Electrode. D:

My Contest Star differs from region to region (provided Contest is available), but I'll answer one for the time being , otherwise my post is gonna be bulky again! I have this contest prodigy female Torchic, she's like my perfect ace when it comes to Contest. One of her combos is the simple and classic Quick Attack + Aerial Ace combo. <3

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I'm beginning to have my love for this Pokemon. Hope to have it on my team someday.

tumblr_n30kpta6j51ttdkobo3_400.gif

Years
-feeds Nichole blue Pokeblock-

To be real honest I was expecting you to say the legendary queen Swampy or your fabulous red Duskull.~ I'm wondering if the Roselia has something to do with a certain green haired anime character, either way you got a great taste on using Roselia.~ <3 And I recall that infamous exploding Electrode. D:

Clever or Beauty is what you should best aim for if training a contest star Roselia of your own. Mine from Ruby had this weird moveset if you're interested in hearing her unexpected success: Cut (Cool), Protect (Cute), Aromatherapy (Clever) and Magical Leaf (Beauty)

And no, it likely wasn't born from Drew hahahaha

As for ORAS, Sableye does pretty well in Clever category. Quash (which is new to its movepool in this game) helps give it a jump-start on the next turn which can be crucial at times, Feint Attack which complements Quash well, Foul Play to steal the points of the opponent before you, and Shadow Ball for that basic appeal move. Moveset always saw mine beating her opposition in Normal Rank, and I think even Super Rank thanks to dat Mega triggering.

I had quite a few Pokemon and move combinations that made insane fun, but Sableye was one that just had to be mentioned.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I'm beginning to have my love for this Pokemon. Hope to have it on my team someday.

tumblr_n30kpta6j51ttdkobo3_400.gif

Awww. :D I'm sure the club owner will love your shiny Furret :D

Did you give him/her a name. If it's a girl, I feel like calling her Raspberry. <3

Clever or Beauty is what you should best aim for if training a contest star Roselia of your own. Mine from Ruby had this weird moveset if you're interested in hearing her unexpected success: Cut (Cool), Protect (Cute), Aromatherapy (Clever) and Magical Leaf (Beauty)

And no, it likely wasn't born from Drew hahahaha

As for ORAS, Sableye does pretty well in Clever category. Quash (which is new to its movepool in this game) helps give it a jump-start on the next turn which can be crucial at times, Feint Attack which complements Quash well, Foul Play to steal the points of the opponent before you, and Shadow Ball for that basic appeal move. Moveset always saw mine beating her opposition in Normal Rank, and I think even Super Rank thanks to dat Mega triggering.

I had quite a few Pokemon and move combinations that made insane fun, but Sableye was one that just had to be mentioned.

Protect is actually handy for the likes of Gyarados, Altaria in the RSE Contest. Magical Leaf is also great when your Pokemon is leading the contest.

Hmm I haven't tried to Qua--I mean I haven't make my Sableye learn the said move, but thanks for the heads up. You sound like a coordinator there. :D

One of my Contest Star from the Sinnoh region is Buizel. <3 Aqua Jet, Ice Punch, Whirlpool, Rock Smash, perfect moves.~

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
My Contest Star is my Gardevoir Natalie. It has the moves include Magical Leaf, Psychic and the borderline broken in Contest Terms Draining Kiss. She has won all of the Hoenn Contest Spectacular Contests and has the 'Contest Star' Ribbon.

I also have a Shiny Male Altaria (Phoenix) which I plan to use in Contests at some point. :)

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years

I would have to say my shiny Zoroark, he has all of his contest stats maxed, but he mostly does Cool, Beauty, Clever, and Cute and he knows Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, and Return. Not exactly the best, but it does work to some degree in contests and I haven't lost a single contest with him so far.

I'm going to try and get some other Pokemon ready that can do Contests a bit better though.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years

My shiny Pachirisu has mastered cuteness in Contests <3
Not much to tell though obviously i love electric types and above all electric rodents, but then theres shiny electric rodents which are just beyond amazing! I caught pachirisu in Pokemon X and traded it over with many others, idk why i chose it but it seemed like the perfect poke to enter in contests so i fed it everything it needed (well probably alittle more) and then went to the move tutor taught it some cute moves for it to use but it really won because we lowered the score of all the other cute pokes.

Of coarse shiny dedenne is my contests star in toughness though because i mean its just so powerful compared to that gyardos and slaking =D

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Gotta go with my trusty Swellow. I'd list his moves if i could but I don't have my game with me and can't remember off the top of my head. lol but he is the definition of cool. Never lost in that category and might have even won a tough contest or two with only Cool moves I believe. I know i maxed his coolness and I'm pretty sure I almost maxed his beauty and toughness as well. Sceptile and Delcatty were close seconds in regards to Tough and Beauty/Cute for them. Really balanced my team when it came to contests. But Swellow really flew head and wings above the rest ;) lol

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Spoiler:

Moving on to the next topic that I've created for the Water-club:
What fun activities would you do with your cute Pokemon? And why these activities in particular, are you great at these activities?

Last edited:

CatAlert

[Insert User Title]
Years
Hmm, I think I will sign up for this club!

Username: CatAlert
Partner: Mudkip
Which baby Pokemon do you think is the cutest?
Got to be Azurills, I confess I've caught myself staring at the 3D model in my AS Pokedex for minutes straight before for that very reason. They are that adorable and I am easily distracted by cuteness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back