• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dad!! That's a mouse NOT a Keyboard. B|

Mirokarosu

✮:: B e a u t i f u l !
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Both my parents are pretty skilled at computers, though my dad is much more skilled because it's an IT tech at IBM.

Though when it comes to other technology, like phones, my mom was a bit slow in trying to figure out her Blackberry. And sometimes, even though she knows the computer pretty well, she would ask me about something. XD;

reyzn

Years
  • My dad is pretty knowledgeable about technology, my mother on the other hand is the type of person to freak out when a pop-up advertisement tells her that the computer is loaded with viruses and that she should download this software immediately!
    Oh mother..

Phantom Kat

A Daydreamer Longing To Write
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    I don't have to worry about my dad. He uses programs for designing and stuff, so he's pretty knowledgeable.

My mom... the first few times she decided to use the computer to look up information or make online payments, she drove me a bit crazy. I taught her everything from scrolling down a page to opening up her e-mail account in short bursts of info. Ehh, I'm not a patient person by any means, so I was afraid I was going to punch something before she got it. Good thing she's a fast learner. Now whenever she calls me to help her, it's only to translate some English to Spanish on a web page.

- Kat

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    My mom can't switch on the television. At least she knows how to switch the channels...

Flame Claw

Flaminator
    Years
  • My mum uses computers for work so she's pretty good with them. My Dad is hopeless using them, but whenever something goes wrong he'll have a go at trying to fix it, so I respect that :D

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • My dad is very technilogical. He knows how to use a computer, cell phone, TV, Xbox360, ect.

My mom on the other hand...it took her three years to finally learn how to use her phone, then she got a new one with a keyboard and she still can't text...

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • my perants know nothong about computers and my dad fixed summit once out of luck sohe thinks hes amazing! it annoys me, also when he gets the page wrong when you scroll down he thinks its up and the other way round so when im on a site for him we end up shouting at each other. and my mam has issues just using her phone.

Lol, my dad argues the same way with me. My mom and dad are both pretty clueless with computers, although my mom is a little bit better than my dad. He thinks that pretty much everything can give you a virus or steal your account info or something like that, but he can still use the net fairly well.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • My dads good with computers but he's always trying to show me new things on it that I learned months ago lol
    My mum on the other hand still types with one finger...

Years
  • My mom recently got a new job that involves a lot of laptop and cellphone use, so she's *a little* more tech-savvy then usual. But she still needs help with stuff like looking up desert recipes on the internet, so yeah. e.e

As for my dad... He knows even more about technology than I do. Which can be a blessing or a curse depending on the situation.
    .__.;

Years
  • They're both fairly good. They don't need a lot help, and they are willing to listen, although they get very defensive of their computers and technology in general - and although that frustrates me, it would be hypocritical for me to complain about it.

I get frustrated when my friends don't listen to advice, though. I had one friend with an HP dv2000, aka the HP-YaymynvidiachipsetkeepsoverheatingandcookingmyGPUsolderuntilifail 2000. I warned him it was going to die, saying that he would get random white or black screens (seems to depend on the individual laptop) until it finally died. All my predictions came true, yet he still sent it to a shop to find out what was wrong. Needless to say, I laughed in his face, 2 weeks and $100 later, when the shop said the same thing and couldn't fix it. Another friend can't seem to understand, after each time I explain it, that the ram on a graphics card isn't the only defining feature about it. That model numbers are necessary, unless you want to count the speeds and core count, etc.

/rant

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • All of my Family are all highly technological. My Dad is a taxi Driver however he does a lot of mechanic work when it comes to TV, DVD Players etc.

My Mom's an analyst and goes more into the computer tech stuff.

However when it comes to texting both of them are really slow and it really annoys me....

But I'll have to say if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have the strongest tech knowledge in both school and at Home

Years
  • My mother is fairly competent with computer use and internet use, but gets annoyed with slow internet. She knows more about using social sites than my dad does, though.

My dad works with computers all day and knows more about scripting and both more and less about the hardware than I do.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • My mum's okay with a computer, I mean, she knows how to get around stuff, and she knows more about mobiles than I do [I don't really use a mobile phone all that often - as far as I see it, a computer can do anything a mobile can do and better]. But she wouldn't have the first clue of what to do if something went wrong with a computer.

My stepdad, on the other hand, is entirely useless. He didn't even know how to use the internet till a couple of months back.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • my dad is pretty good, he knows stuff that i dont and i know stuff that he doesn't, but my mom....ugh :/ always need to be there when she wants something. my computer crashed twice because of her, and we still dont know what she did xD

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • Do you have parents that know nothing about most technology?

My dad constantly needs my assistance in importing pictures from his SD Card, to the computer. He knows almost nothing about computers and constantly reiterates this fact.

Do you get frustrated/annoyed with them when they try to act like they know what they're doing and ignore your advice?

Despite the fact that my father claims not to know how to use a computer, nor how they work... He's constantly insisting that certain things are possible to do with a computer, or how computers and programs work... when the things he's describing are either impossible, or extremely unlikely. I was testing out a webcam program that uses my cellphone's camera, and is able to use it as a webcam. My father was convinced that "the whole world could see what I was doing." While, it is indeed possible for me to transmit the images on the internet by various means, I wasn't doing so and doing what I was doing made it impossible for anyone to see what I was doing.

I also have to warn him of various websites and scams, in which he insists are not scams. I've just about given up and I basically told him, "Okay, you're on your own. Have fun letting your credit card information and whole identity be stolen. Good luck!"

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Do you have parents that know nothing about most technology?

My dad is a total computer and technology nerd. He's a computer consultant or... something like that. Either way, he's really good with technology and can assemble computers together, but he doesn't know anything about social networking sites or whatever. He's completely clueless about that stuff.

On the other hand, my mom gets a headache whenever she walks into Best Buy. She's not that into computers or anything like that. I taught her how to send an e-mail, but she still wants me to help her with it. She can use her phone (and she can even set an alarm!), but she doesn't know how to text. At least she knows how to use Google and switch channels. She's also more familiar with social networking sites because she always watches the news. I also taught her many times how to send links through e-mail, but she forgot that pretty quick.

"Yeah, what's the link you want to send? This one? Okay, just Copy and... oh, to Copy, just right click... yes, Mom. You right click with the mouse. Yes, with that key. So Copy the URL... no, the URL is this right here. Think of it as an "address" for websites. So you Copy, that's right clicking, and Paste it on... right click, Mom. Right click!"

Do you get frustrated/annoyed with them when they try to act like they know what they're doing and ignore your advice?

Actually, my Mom just admits that she doesn't know much about technology and lets me do everything. I never get frustrated with teaching her. It's more of a "facepalm" moment.

Do you have parents that know nothing about most technology?
    They know quite a decent amount, but not all that much. My grandma uses more text talk than anyone I know.
    They take my advice, why? Because, 95% of the time, I know what the hell is going on.The errors are pretty small though.

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
  • My mom doesn't even know how to turn on/off the computer, not even typing T.T, besides, she gets scared every time she'll change the web page... (she thinks it is going to blow up) I just hate this

Back