• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I mean there are those superhero moments where like parents lift cars off of their kids...even with that power I would still be a weakling though. ^^;

Years
When it becomes cheap to create Hydrogen Gas without using too much energy to produce it, I'd stick with Electric Cars.

While the battery components are toxic, it doesn't necessarily go BOOM does it?

As for Steampunk...yeah, Either it uses modern components or fuel, or we'll use more Wood and coal for fuel (Which we do but lolz)

As for phones...They're not phones anymore are they? They're MP3's, Mini PDA's and a Web Browser all in one now. :/ I just can't imagine a time without one lol. (Actually I do but lulz)

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
I mean there are those superhero moments where like parents lift cars off of their kids...even with that power I would still be a weakling though. ^^;

you would be surprised how far people will go for their children. I remember reading something about a woman fighting off a full grown bear to protect her child.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Probably farther than I'd go for my children, lol. And it's more than just me being a heartless, selfish little punk (which I admit I am). I've never had much physical strength so if I tried to do some superhero action I'd likely kill or seriously injure myself in the process... Heck, I tried to fly off the springboard in 4th grade gym class and messed up my knees, quite possibly for life since they still bother me decades later...

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I know on TV they always show the husband holding the wife's hand during childbirth and do the whole "Destroy his hand" bit.
I wonder if that really happens in real life.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I think she just means drug her up until she can't feel pain rather than sleep, but total shot in the dark: I don't think there are enough drugs in the world to make someone not feel the pain of pushing a baby person out of themselves.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Since I don't think I'm going to have biological kids unless I really get attached to the idea of using a surrogate mother, I'm hoping I can avoid the maternity ward and all of the screaming women giving birth. But if I were a pregnant woman, I'm with Toujours. Drug me up.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I don't mean drug me up until I can't...have the kid. Obviously. Why would I want that.

droomph

weeb
Years
'Cuz my pastor said that his wife accidentally gave too much to herself and she had to wait until it wore off to keep having the baby.
Spoiler:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Uh...why would I be drugging myself? Let a doctor do that for me. They know how much to give me, lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Me thinks there's gonna be pain when giving birth no matter what.

Well there's my 2 cents, now off to grind my boys in Pokemon Platinum and get through Katawa Shoujo.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yeah I don't mean drug me up until I can't...have the kid. Obviously. Why would I want that.

Why indeed.

Sounds like the perfect way out to me /shot

I remember when I was a kid I would worry over EVERYTHING, so when I heard that Friday the 13th was a day of bad luck I was so scared to step foot outside thinking that I was going to die.
I'm glad I nipped that problem in the bud.

THIS WAS ME. Everything that had the potential to harm me terrified me. ALL THE HEADACHES WERE BRAIN TUMOURS etc.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm still scared of cooking because I'm worried about burning myself on the stove. And I don't like washing the really big knives when I wash dishes because I'm afraid I'll cut myself and bleed to death on the kitchen floor...

And Platinum and Katawa Shoujo sounds like a great way to spend a Friday evening.

droomph

weeb
Years
I love to cook sometimes. But other times I hate it. You know what, I always hate cooking. But I do love eating.

Also I found out that dogs hate being carried upside down. My nose hurts.

Years
I keep forgetting today's Friday the 13th.

THIS WAS ME. Everything that had the potential to harm me terrified me. ALL THE HEADACHES WERE BRAIN TUMOURS etc.

OH GOD THAT'S WHY I'VE HAD A HEADACHE ALL DAY THANKS A LOT :( :( :(

Got to love irrational thoughts!
I'm still scared of cooking because I'm worried about burning myself on the stove. And I don't like washing the really big knives when I wash dishes because I'm afraid I'll cut myself and bleed to death on the kitchen floor...

And Platinum and Katawa Shoujo sounds like a great way to spend a Friday evening.

Burns from a normal stovetop aren't awful. They're burns and they hurt, but unless they're big they should heal pretty quick and won't hurt for more than the evening. But I say that as a person who works around a 550F oven 6 days a week. :p

I can totally understand being paranoid about knives. Those things can be brutal. I'd be more worried about the knives than the stovetop, but after working foodservice for a few years, there's few things in the kitchen that freak me out anymore. Super sharp knife, you say? Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back