• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    CCS was also an exercise in doing episodes out of order, splicing and combining episodes, removing any hints of romance, and trying to present both Syaoran and Sakura as the lead characters. It was a mess. But again, the younger me, not having seen the original, didn't even know it until years later...

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
    Years
    A lot of animes are butchered by dubs, but I just didn't notice it really when I was younger.​

I had the same experience with Power Rangers. When I was really young, I honestly thought it was the best show ever. Revisiting this a decade later withe latest addition, the acting, the plotlines and the character really annoy me. Well, I guess it's just for kids.

Years
    They got away with it because no one really knew what the original was like because it was brand new.

Now, however, if they change something in the original, PEOPLE WILL KNOW AND HUNT DOWN THE GUILTY PARTY.​

Years
    My initial viewing of Yugioh was messed up because of the channel I watched it on. They would show 2-3 episodes from Season 2, then just skip randomly ahead to Season 4 and show a few episodes, and then back to Season 1.

It was not until I rediscovered the show on YouTube I realized Yugioh actually had continuity.

Years
    It was not until I rediscovered the show on YouTube I realized Yugioh actually had continuity.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA! /breaths

This is particularly amusing to me since I have watched all of the Yugioh episodes and have played the game since the beginning and am still playing. Continuity in Yugioh! XD

But yes, I remember something about that.​

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Yu-Gi-Oh will never die. EVER. Heck, they have more booster packs coming out every other month. It's ridiculous. One pack was released in Japan in February and is being released in the US next month, and another was released in Japan this month and will be released in the US at a much later month. Plus they came out with the ZEXAL series not too long ago.

Yu-Gi-Oh will never diiiiie. But thank goodness it won't. c:

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Yu-Gi-Oh will never die. EVER. Heck, they have more booster packs coming out every other month. It's ridiculous. One pack was released in Japan in February and is being released in the US next month, and another was released in Japan this month and will be released in the US at a much later month. Plus they came out with the ZEXAL series not too long ago.

Yu-Gi-Oh will never diiiiie. But thank goodness it won't. c:

I think Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon are one in the same. In the fact, they can live on just fine without their anime, because everything else they sell brings in so much money.

Years
    Over the past year I have had a love/hate relationship with YGO because of the retarded prices that some cards are at; I refuse to pay £120 for one card!​

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Ha yugioh

Yeaaaaah I never understood card games, even the Pokémon ones.

But since some cards cost like $200 I guess it's a good investment, just like coin collecting. yaaaaaay

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I think I've only ever played the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game once when I was like five years old with my brother. Needless to say I lost (and probably pretty badly too) because I didn't really know what I was doing. One of my online friends explained to me how to play it but it seems kind of confusing to me. Not to mention there's tons of cards out there, so I wouldn't know which ones would make a good deck, and then there's the cost of some cards. Overall it seems quite interesting but I don't think I'll be playing it again.

On the other hand, the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga is pretty awesome and I enjoy buying and reading it. I mean, people die over children's card games! And the first seven volumes aren't all about card games, amazingly.

Years
    YGO is so retarded with the card prices. I finally had enough of it and quit. I stick to the Pokemon TCG now and haven't had any real regrets so far. I've only been to three tournaments so far but I managed to win one. Got this cool card for winning too.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Pokemon is a much easier game to learn. Easy to learn but difficult to master whereas Yu-Gi-Oh is just difficult to learn and even tougher to master lol. So many different game mechanics in YGO, you need to be up to scratch with all the card rulings too, whereas in Pokemon, most things are generalized which creates a far more simplistic game for people to pick up.

Years
    I'd like to try playing these CCGs, but I can't justify spending so much money. I have to know I'm getting my money's worth or I just can't spend.

Years
    I'd like to try playing these CCGs, but I can't justify spending so much money. I have to know I'm getting my money's worth or I just can't spend.

^ This.

Because yeah I've basically calculated the average cost for a decent deck and it's like a substance addiction. :V

Then again all the money that would have gone to TCG, Manga, or Animu DVD's instead gets funneled to Vidja Gamus and Technology. xDDD

droomph

weeb
    Years

^ This.

Because yeah I've basically calculated the average cost for a decent deck and it's like a substance addiction. :V

Then again all the money that would have gone to TCG, Manga, or Animu DVD's instead gets funneled to Vidja Gamus and Technology. xDDD
    No food? Awesome!

Well, I have a thing where I neeeeed the price of each card. any help? Well I hate coins now.

Still don't know how to play TCGs

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Oh man, card prices are real terrors. =[

I stick to playing YGO online (on DuelNet) and some real-life MtG. The latter is not /that/ hard to learn but definitely more complicated than YGO, but it's very very rewarding to play MtG - there's more skill and planning needed to pilot decks, and card prices don't randomly fluctuate after they rotate out of Standard (the most recent 2 sets plus the Core Set); plus there are different formats with different card pools with which to make decks with, so if you don't want to learn all the cards you don't need to.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I've never been one to collect anything, let alone cards of the Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh variety. I understand those who collect them to use in battle, but collecting them for collecting's sake just strikes me slightly odd. Then again, I hold the opposite of a hoarding mentality; I'll throw anything out if I think I don't need it any more.

The one exception - and this is a pretty big exception - was that of Beanie Babies when I was between the ages of 7 and 11 years old. Still have most of them in the attic somewhere... hoping they'll have increased in value by the time I come to buy a house! Oh sweet, naive me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back