• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Tumblr!

I always hated the "buy tissues" thing because I maybe used one tissue an entire school year, and for some reason I was required to supply an entire box to the class, for the people that used like 3 boxes a day because their nose is out of control. D; To be fair @ pencils though, I could go through 25 pencils in a year. But then again college so more notes I guess? yeah haha.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Same here. Kleenex and Ziploc bags were on our lists too. We also needed 25 pencils. What? Would we eat half of them or something? I usually go through 5 or so in a year if that.

Heheheheheheheh.

I usually chewed through my pencils. And pens.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    25?? I thought 1 was enough lol.

Years
    Haha my old room mate would buy a pack of twelve pens and bring them all to an exam. The funniest thing is that one time he ran out of pens (he buys cheap pens or whatever so half of them don't work properly or something) and had to ask an invigilator for more pens!

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Haha my old room mate would buy a pack of twelve pens and bring them all to an exam. The funniest thing is that one time he ran out of pens (he buys cheap pens or whatever so half of them don't work properly or something) and had to ask an invigilator for more pens!
    Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

OMG SO MUCH WIN

Those last the longest. And besides if you run out ink you can take them apart and do all sorts of crap with them. I like to suck out the paste caps in the ink tube.

Years
    YES IT IS OMG. That's actually pretty awesome. :3 I didn't know it was a more-than-one-school kind of thing!

Pharos is a very famous and widely used printing system, it sucks so hard at times due to its flexibility... or lack there of.

We have had new printers added which are a different make, Canon, and they are causing problems because Pharos sucks! XD​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Pharos is a very famous and widely used printing system, it sucks so hard at times due to its flexibility... or lack there of.

We have had new printers added which are a different make, Canon, and they are causing problems because Pharos sucks! XD​

Ours works fine. :3 At times it breaks though, and then I have to wonder what the IT people did, because it's not like they were adding a new printer, or updating anything, so I don't understand why they were messing with it until it broke. xD;

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
    I bought 2 pens at the start of each year of school, they were the only things i bought for school.
    By the end of the year i ended up with like 10 pens, whiteout, sticky tape, a ruler, 3 pencils, a rubber and a permanent marker xD. All from me just continually borrowing things for friends and them just telling me to keep them in the end. awesome.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    SCREW SUPPLIES I have a couple pens here and there. And some erasers and white-out tape. But other than that I have a normal amount of supplies, ready to serve me for a while.

Oh and I also have one of these doohickies
    Spoiler:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    @_@ Lucky that you guys didn't have to spend much on supplies. Back in school I would go through about 100 pencils a year (especially those damned coloured col-erase), a case of conte, and over 2000 sheets of animation paper. Not to mention I needed pens for my other academic classes, lined paper, and sketchbooks, etc.
    Oh.. and paint, masking tape, markers, drawing pens, drafting paper, etc, for my other design/ layout classes..

And the usual, ruler, eraser, etc. @_@ I have this one Korean eraser.. I swear.. so amazing.. I can't remember what it's called right now..

And the all important tablet.

Years
    Yeh, I went through loads of stationary in secondary school, was such a pain in the behind. I used a fountain pen mainly, so going through those ink cartridges was a pain.​

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I feel lucky for going to school back in a time when schools could actually afford to buy most of this stuff and have it on hand for us. Besides the pens, pencils, paper, folders, and binders, I don't think I had to buy too many other school supplies. Maybe a protractor and compass (the drawing circles kind). And a scientific calculator back in 7th grade that lasted me all through college :P

I grew to hate using pencils during my time at school. I use pens almost exclusively now.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Clearly you people that paid for school supplies had no idea how to "Borrow" things off friends..

Dunno how you would've been able to "borrow" 500+ sheets of animation paper off someone, but sure.

I ended up "borrowing" stacks of legal sized printer paper from the library/ animation printing room to do all my key drawings on, since those would've been traced over/ half of them thrown away anyhow.. >_> lol.. and didn't need the transparency of regular anim paper.

And borrowing a piece of conte would only last you a week if you went to extra life drawing.

Consider yourself really lucky!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The only time that I needed stationery for university was when I was in an exam. I had the advantage of doing pretty much everything else - essays, work for tutorials etc. - on my lovely laptop for about three years. My handwriting, however, has suffered immensely as a result of this. I was writing some letters a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how illegible it had gotten! It was never great but now it's morphed into something else completely.

Years
    The only time that I needed stationery for university was when I was in an exam. I had the advantage of doing pretty much everything else - essays, work for tutorials etc. - on my lovely laptop for about three years. My handwriting, however, has suffered immensely as a result of this. I was writing some letters a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how illegible it had gotten! It was never great but now it's morphed into something else completely.

Hahahaha! Oh dear this applies to me so much!

My handwriting isn't as bad, but it has suffered certainly.​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I hate writing by hand. I'm left handed. Graphite gets ALL OVER my hand. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back