• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Haha.. that's gonna be me soon enough, though @_@

Good thing is.. I cut 15 seconds out of my film (It's a minute 17sec now) and.. that's a lot of work.. I mean like.. >_> that's about.. er.. I'd say 480-540 animation drawings (depending if you have some on ones for some textured movement)

>_> It's due April 8th though.. so I have like... 11 weeks to paint backgrounds, animate EVERYTHING (a minute and a bit worth of stuff), clean the animation with final line, scan it, colour every single frame, composite it together, add the music and fx, make sure the camera moves are working okay.. @_@

And then.. finally I will be able to rest..

FYI: 1 second of animation= 24 frames.. or 24 drawings on ones. We can usually get by by doing it on twos (12 drawings per second) but ones are recommended for certain actions and to add texture..

that means.. I have to do 1848 drawings @___@ and they all have to work together or the movement will look awkward..

>_> Plus I have to make the lines pretty.. and paint every single one.

Yippee...!

(I'm actually excited though.. I love making characters come to life.. the only thing I hate doing are the background drawings >__> and my backgrounds are not too bad.. but they're simple so it means I have to make sure my composition works..)

Here's an in-progress layout to show you an example:
    Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Rough.. and I haven't added the theatre seats but.. it's getting there. (And yes I fixed the top part cause the perspective is wonky, I realize)

Wow, that is so cool =D
    Looks nice even though it is rough. I would love to see the finished product.

As for my work, I have to make a working 3D xBox 360 game, a 720p TV advert, 10,000 word essay on Social Networking (nearly finished), a terrain building piece of software with 15,000 word paper on how I did it and lots of Artificial Intelligence work. Fun times O_o.​

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Wow, that is so cool =D
    Looks nice even though it is rough. I would love to see the finished product.

As for my work, I have to make a working 3D xBox 360 game, a 720p TV advert, 10,000 word essay on Social Networking (nearly finished), a terrain building piece of software with 15,000 word paper on how I did it and lots of Artificial Intelligence work. Fun times O_o.​

Wow @_@ That's quite a lot.. especially all those papers.. I dunno how you could do it. I hate papers..

Also, thanks~ That's the only one I have scanned (sadly without the character in it..)

But my film is basically about an old woman who relives a moment of youth.

(She is a janitor who is sweeping and she notices a feather headdress, when she puts it on she hears music, steps into the spotlight and turns young.. she dances (all cabaret burlesque-style) and the song ends as she turns old again. She's about to put away the hat but decides to just keep it on, picks up her broom again, and dances while she sweeps as on old woman.)

@_@ Hopefully when it's all finished it'll be a cute little short film. Have you seen the one I worked on last year?

Years
    Wow @_@ That's quite a lot.. especially all those papers.. I dunno how you could do it. I hate papers..

Also, thanks~ That's the only one I have scanned (sadly without the character in it..)

But my film is basically about an old woman who relives a moment of youth.

(She is a janitor who is sweeping and she notices a feather headdress, when she puts it on she hears music, steps into the spotlight and turns young.. she dances (all cabaret burlesque-style) and the song ends as she turns old again. She's about to put away the hat but decides to just keep it on, picks up her broom again, and dances while she sweeps as on old woman.)

@_@ Hopefully when it's all finished it'll be a cute little short film. Have you seen the one I worked on last year?

It is a lot of work, but I am getting through it. ><'

And I didn't see you last one. Aren't you on MSN? Show it to me thar :3​

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Haha, omg that is awesome! =D
    You should be really proud of that! :3​

Haha thanks.. I think it came out alright haha.. it was a group film so I didn't do everything but I was production manager along with another member.. which basically meant we made sure stuff got done along with contributing a lot of work ourselves to it.. @_@

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

@_@ You know when we were first brainstorming ideas it started off as a cloud-lady who was in love with a businessman.. haha.. then it became that she was in love with a writer.. and then it took an unexpected turn.. and was about a boy who uses cloud creatures to carry his house to faraway islands.. but then that was proving to be full of plotholes so we just did it about a boy who is trying to create the perfect piece of "art" haha..

Years
    Haha thanks.. I think it came out alright haha.. it was a group film so I didn't do everything but I was production manager along with another member.. which basically meant we made sure stuff got done along with contributing a lot of work ourselves to it.. @_@

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

@_@ You know when we were first brainstorming ideas it started off as a cloud-lady who was in love with a businessman.. haha.. then it became that she was in love with a writer.. and then it took an unexpected turn.. and was about a boy who uses cloud creatures to carry his house to faraway islands.. but then that was proving to be full of plotholes so we just did it about a boy who is trying to create the perfect piece of "art" haha..

The wonders of our mind hey? Haha.
    Trust me, my groups 3D game took a few random turns. But it is all good now.​

Years
    What kind of turns? I'm really curious :3

Well, we had to take an aspect of an old game, so we took motion from Donkey Kong, with the moving barrels, and turned it into a planet game with the idea of gravity as a momentum. Then we scrapped that because it was too spacey.
    We then decided to try and make something to do with momentum still and ended up going for the immune system XD
    We are entering a competition called the imagine cup in America where anyone can enter and make a game which falls under pre-set categories. So we chose 'reducing world decease'. Fun topic I know. XD​

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Well, we had to take an aspect of an old game, so we took motion from Donkey Kong, with the moving barrels, and turned it into a planet game with the idea of gravity as a momentum. Then we scrapped that because it was too spacey.
    We then decided to try and make something to do with momentum still and ended up going for the immune system XD
    We are entering a competition called the imagine cup in America where anyone can enter and make a game which falls under pre-set categories. So we chose 'reducing world decease'. Fun topic I know. XD​

That's pretty interesting.. haha.. when you said momentum I automatically thought "PARTICLE ACCELERATOR" haha.. which would be sooo random. I like what you guys chose :3 Cause competition= recognition.. so that's really awesome <3

Good luck! When do you get to know the results?

Years
    That's pretty interesting.. haha.. when you said momentum I automatically thought "PARTICLE ACCELERATOR" haha.. which would be sooo random. I like what you guys chose :3 Cause competition= recognition.. so that's really awesome <3

Good luck! When do you get to know the results?

We are still in mid-development. ETA on finish is about April, has to be handed in to University by May. So polishing for a monthish. Then the competition is May and take a month or two for them to decide on the thousand of entries and then we should know Summer.​

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    We are still in mid-development. ETA on finish is about April, has to be handed in to University by May. So polishing for a monthish. Then the competition is May and take a month or two for them to decide on the thousand of entries and then we should know Summer.​

Wow! Good luck! :3 You're smart so I have a feeling you'll do good <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back