• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Winter and/or Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Other than my DS Lite's Hinge being broken on one side, it works. I'll deal with it until the top screen falls off or something. Then I might get a 3DS.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • The main thing that doesn't work on my Ds lite would have to be the 'L' button. This happened for my DS too.

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
  • My game boy colour still works as well. In fact, I think all of my Nintendo products have worked fine for me so far (my N64, Wii, Gamecube, Gameboy's & DS').

Seems like Nintendo make some pretty sturdy material.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • I've dropped my Game Boy Color countless times, even on a parking lot a few times. It still works perfectly and there's not one scratch.

Years
  • The only Nintendo products I've had fail are my original Yellow version cartridge and the touchscreen on my DS Lite, though the latter's probably due to exposing it to too much humidity an heat by leaving it in the glove compartment of my car too many times.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Oh yeah. Especially when one compares a still-working NES to a RROD Xbox 360.

For what it's worth, my Wii worked but it couldn't read Super Smash Bros Brawl so I sold it. It was a truly horrible experience because 2008 was a really boring year for the Wii. Every other console that crapped out on me was because of software(Final Fantasy XIII may have ruined my PS3 laser so no discs played on it).

Most older systems seemed to be built stronger than newer consoles.

Last edited:

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • However this is my 3rd DS lite. ^^; I'm REALLY not good with technology. My other ones weren't broken by me dropping them I spilt a drink on them. So I keep this DS away from any liquid. I also still have a Game Boy Advance that works perfectly.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    My DS Lite is really durable. I've dropped it countless times and it still works just fine :D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I like to think that Nintendo products are quite durable and more prone and likely to survive when being dropped, and I like that. I think my Wii's fell to the ground quite a few times and still works fine. Only problem is it doesn't have the capacity to play Brawl. D:

Also, I think I win with the old working game thing, as I believe I still have a working Game and Watch somewhere. n__n

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • My DS Lite's hinge is a bit broken but it still works just fine. I also remember my GBC being like a brick. An indestructible brick. XD

TBH though Nintendo products are generally hard to break. The game boy that survived a bombing and can still play Tetris comes to mind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back