• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Wow, check out the Anglo-Australian n00b insurgency we've got here. So many wholesale abuses of capital letters and punctuation... Learn to type your own native language properly, damn it.

I don't group dubs as whole as I used to, though some dubs are just horrible in dialogue quality and pitch of their voices. The fact that the people who are casted in Naruto are also in GITS: SAC doesn't make it a better dub. Like the artist who are good at painting may not be as good at sculpting. Sculpting and painting are both arts, but they are not the same, such as Naruto and Ghost in the Shell dubs...I doubt this opened your mind at all....
    Don't try to wax philosophical with me, boy. Dub-bashers are guilty of the fallacy of composition. I'm just giving them proof that their so-called "arguments" are illogical.

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    I think the Dragonball dub is awsome :) And the naruto dub isnt that bad either. Most dub s aren't bad, you just have to get used to the new voices.

Yes, but if you compare them to the Japanese voices, they usually suck. Dubbed movies tend to have better voices, as well.

But as an exception, I actually think the French and English dubs of the movie Metropolis are better than the Japanese version...

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Yes, but if you compare them to the Japanese voices, they usually suck. Dubbed movies tend to have better voices, as well.

But as an exception, I actually think the French and English dubs of the movie Metropolis are better than the Japanese version...

Talking about dubs, I just want to say that they aren't well translated. <~

Last edited:

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    Talking about dubs, I just want to say that they aren't well traduct. <~

Traduct, huh? I'm not familiar with that one.

I think it's mainly 4Kids who didn't do good dubbing jobs. Some other companies were actually pretty good, but I can't name them since- well, I'm lazy.

Why is it that the DCC only makes about a page between the time I go to sleep and the time I wake up?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Probably means translated; traduction is the French word. Unless I'm mistaken. :x

I find dubs to be pretty good nowadays. o_o I don't have a lot of time to watch anime, but now that more things get translated beyond Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, more companies are devoting themselves to seriously dubbing it, instead of a hack and slash job. They retain the original anime very well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Traduct, huh? I'm not familiar with that one.

I think it's mainly 4Kids who didn't do good dubbing jobs. Some other companies were actually pretty good, but I can't name them since- well, I'm lazy.

Why is it that the DCC only makes about a page between the time I go to sleep and the time I wake up?

I didn't know what else to say... ~ I noticed that too. This thread is getting less active.

Edit: Thank god, I have Lightning :3...

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    I didn't know what else to say... ~ I noticed that too. This thread is getting less active.

Edit: Thank god, I have Lightning :3...

Yeah, two years ago it used to be super active. Sometimes with eleven people on at once. XD

Thanks, Lightning-san.

I don't get to see many dubs all the time, but I see a bit sometimes. Once I had access to Animax on my TV for like, a day XD. The dubbing wasn't that bad on some of the shows, to be honest, but I thought the Japanese version were better.

I haven't seen the dub for Death Note, and I'm sort of afraid to, since the voice acting is so good in the original...

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    Even this Summer. A lot of people were comming in this thread to post. <~

Really? So I guess that means the thread will probably be popular on the weekends. Or at least Sunday, since I think America is nine hours behind where I am. Not sure though. XD

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    How can you say being away for two years if you experienced that?

Ah... let's see... I'm not sure when I left anymore, now. I remember posting that I would leave the DCC back in 2005. Give me a moment to look through my old posts, please?

EDIT: Ah, I get it. I didn't leave the PC until 2006 but I said I would leave in 2005 but I changed my mind. I'm sorry for confusing you guys. :(

Last edited:

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Oh, I probably didn't see you in 2006, considering I didn't really go to much sections of PC.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Weren't those things taken off the market? I haven't seen those for like ever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back