• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    School is bad when you think about it. When you work you get paid, right, well when you go to school you get nothing plus parents pay for education so its a bit a ripp off ...
    You're paying for a service that educates you so that in the future you will be able to provide for yourself by being able to enter the workforce as a qualified member of society. It's hardly a rip off.

Anywho, I've basically finished school :D I've graduated and all, but I just has some more tests to do and then it's all over ... till university 8D;;

Ayce

Thread Killer
    Years
    You're paying for a service that educates you so that in the future you will be able to provide for yourself by being able to enter the workforce as a qualified member of society. It's hardly a rip off.

Anywho, I've basically finished school :D I've graduated and all, but I just has some more tests to do and then it's all over ... till university 8D;;

I was about to say the same thing. As troublesome and frustrating as school can be, it does ultimately serve a good purpose.

Congrats on graduating. ;) My turn shall come soon, I hope, not so sure with the grades I've been getting recently. I can't even read my textbooks without literally falling asleep on the page any more.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    School is hardly a rip-off, considering in the United States, public schools are free to attend (not sure about anywhere else) and they prepare you to go to college. College can be expensive, but you learn valuable knowledge there, and gain the information and qualifications to get a job and make money.

I'm in college right now, and I know I am learning a lot of things that will help me in the future.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    School does give you the qualifications for a job. But it doesn't prefer people for the work.

I am hoping to go to University to study pschology. But I am currently redoing a year as I did badly last year.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I was about to say the same thing. As troublesome and frustrating as school can be, it does ultimately serve a good purpose.

Congrats on graduating. ;) My turn shall come soon, I hope, not so sure with the grades I've been getting recently. I can't even read my textbooks without literally falling asleep on the page any more.
    Why thank you, I wish you luck as well. hehehe, I'm stick of studying as well. Heck, I should be doing so right now XD;;
    School is hardly a rip-off, considering in the United States, public schools are free to attend (not sure about anywhere else) and they prepare you to go to college. College can be expensive, but you learn valuable knowledge there, and gain the information and qualifications to get a job and make money.

I'm in college right now, and I know I am learning a lot of things that will help me in the future.
    Yeah, public schools are free worldwide (I'm assuming) - it'd be foolish for a government not to provide free education for it's children, who are, y'know, the countries future. Though I suppose there are those countries that simply can't afford to provide such a service, or are too corrupt to do so.
    School does give you the qualifications for a job. But it doesn't prefer people for the work.

I am hoping to go to University to study pschology. But I am currently redoing a year as I did badly last year.
    That's why numerous workplaces offer services like work experience. In high school I've done that twice, and it's not dissimilar to school, being the same deal with routines and all. Cept now you get paid! :D

... why is there such a sudden interest in psychology? I've spoken to so any people who say they're going to do the course in Uni XD

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I have done work experience 1 time. I am going to do more every friday. It is the same structure but a lot of places prefer more than just work experience.

I have wanted to do something that helps people. I have found that helping people with thier problems makes me feel better. I have no idea why it has increased. I want it to drop. I have more chance that way.

Years
    Yeah, public schools are free worldwide (I'm assuming) - it'd be foolish for a government not to provide free education for it's children, who are, y'know, the countries future.

Public or private, there are no such thing as going to school for free in Vietnam. Trust me, I spent the first 4 years of grade education in Vietnam.

Jordan.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Yeah, public schools are free worldwide (I'm assuming) - it'd be foolish for a government not to provide free education for it's children, who are, y'know, the countries future. Though I suppose there are those countries that simply can't afford to provide such a service, or are too corrupt to do so.

But there usually is a small "donation" fee along with that which most people pay with the public schooling or at least, from my experience with public schooling. I'm at a private school now and I'm appalled at some of the things that we get charged for, for absolutely no reason.

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
    @Amachi
    Now that you put it that way, It ain't so bad but I would rather get a job.
    But then again when we go to school our parents pay for everything, so school isn't so bad i actually enjoy school.
    I have alot of friends and we play AFL every lunch time. My teachers don't seem to pick on me anymore.

Also i was wondering what you guys think of i a high school having a playground <_<

Yep that right a playground our school has one so weird hey.

Last edited:

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
    How the..? >_> I'd say try to find the rightful owner but that always ends up with everyone saying 'its mine' so meh.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    The fact that some people will claim the money as their own is a bit unpleasant... How would you tell if the money that you're giving really belonged to them??

I wished I had more money right now... it'd make me a bit happier. xD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I wished I had a job. Unfortunately, there's nothing that has a high pay rate per hour avaliable at 15... supermarkets don't really offer that much, yet.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    May I ask which currency that's in?

I think the minimum wage here is something like NZD$12 right now before tax. I wouldn't get too much pushing trolleys around D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back