• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I haven't been post in any DCC since December.... It feels so weird...
    Looks like you haven't read the rules since December, either. Please read the rules in the Other Chat forum before posting in here again as you aren't allowed to post such obvious SPAM as that is in here.

Years
    Computer classes at school were pretty useless. We spent a whole year learning about all office programs just for the European computer driving license. The next year was just us presenting topics we like.
    No, I didn't really learn anything useful...

Natalie♥

Not even the sky is the limit
    Years
    Origanlly posted by Kurogane
    Computer classes don't pay off, In my school. They teach me what I already know, which is not that much.

My school is different. They teach us useful knowledge is computer class.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    In computing we used to learn stuff, but now it's just really assignments and assignments. Next year we better learn what they promised though, and even now, in media, learning nothing except how to post when the teacher isn't looking.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    In grade 10, I learnt HTML and Javascript. In grade 11, Visual Basic and Flash/Toon Boom (it wasn't part of the curriculum though XD), and in grade 12, it was Java. o.o I took the computer science one though...there were other computer courses but I didn't care for them.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Last year I had to take a basic computer class that just covered Office and was complete crap....the guy teaching was a Jr. High football coach, enough said. I'm hoping to take a decent computer class before I graduate though.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    On the booklet it said the word graphics, so we could either be using corel, fireworks, or paint shop. Or learning how to use simple paint. XDDD

I thought it was weird too but then Pop said something of which I forgot now. XD
    Web Design is part of the Graphics curriculum. At least, a part of it as Graphics branches out into different sections. Photoshop is a common part in Graphics, especially for Design and say, architecture. But then you'd probably be using more high-tech programs to satisfy such necessities.
    Well, I learned Java and how to make videos and flash animations and stuff when I took computer classes ^^
    I was gonna learn Java... and HTML amongst other things. But I didin't have time. Also wanted to make animations in Flash too....

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Web Design is part of the Graphics curriculum. At least, a part of it as Graphics branches out into different sections. Photoshop is a common part in Graphics, especially for Design and say, architecture. But then you'd probably be using more high-tech programs to satisfy such necessities.

We're only doing simple graphics stuff... nothing associating to jobs. It'd be so cool if the teachers worked for some graphics company online. Or were PC members that know how to make graphics look good with only simple programs... but that wont be happening... I should stop dreaming.

Years
    We're only doing simple graphics stuff... nothing associating to jobs. It'd be so cool if the teachers worked for some graphics company online. Or were PC members that know how to make graphics look good with only simple programs... but that wont be happening... I should stop dreaming.

You never know what could happen.

You can just doubt it.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    That idea is about as crazy as the staff being police. *Is trying to get more readers for the police-y staff* XDD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years

Oh, then that should be pretty easy. Is it just computer graphics, or hand-drawn stuff too?

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Alex~ Computer graphics. Not like they're teaching us art or anything.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Graphics isn't just about computers, the hand-drawn technique parts are just and if not, as important as computer graphics. I find it easy as well...

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    They're just not teaching us how to draw. So yeah, computer graphics. The booklet was a little limited in what it said. XD

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I might be taking both, art and graphics classes this year so I'm excited <33 But it really depends because I have other classes I have to take that might get in the way of that.

I'm a little worried that I'll have to change my schedule this year because when my Mom and I checked out the school site, I looked at what books I was getting and I had the books for 2-D Art and 3-D Art. I'm not supposed to be taking those classes because I haven't even taken Art 101 yet ._.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back