• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Yeah, but the new Macs have PC software capabilities. All the new Macs let you load your favorite Windows OS as well as MacOS. That's why I'm thinking about spending my money made at work this summer on a Macbook.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I kinda want a Mac, but they're so expensive for so little. They aren't worth the money as far as I'm concerned. :\ I do eventually plan on getting a Mac of sorts, but until I'm getting a sufficient enough paycheque to be able to blow on a computer I probably won't use as my main computer...I'll just stick with Windows PCs. o_o;

I just got a laptop a few weeks ago and to get the same specs in a MacBook, it was over $1000 more. <_<;

Yes, but everyone seems to be forgetting that with the new Mac OS coming out, you can have both Mac and PC on your computer~

=3= That means gaming would be capable on a macbook~ You could keep more important files on the Mac-side, so that they don't get infected by a virus~

And.. for costs? :/ What about a Mac Mini? I don't really know how those work but I don't think they're that expensive..

Edit: I got a Macbook pro because I may have to use Maya on it. I needed something powerful to handle animation programs, and something that would have the nearest to a calibrated monitor.
    My MBP cost around $2500

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    It's best to get a new OS 6 months after release as there may be bugs in the system.
    Oh the mew iMac looks good, unfortunately II've already got an iMac. My brother said He'd buy another iMac if only there were a DVI input. There's only output.
    So the only way to play consle games is through a tv tuner but that produces lag D:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    It's best to get a new OS 6 months after release as there may be bugs in the system.
    Oh the mew iMac looks good, unfortunately II've already got an iMac. My brother said He'd buy another iMac if only there were a DVI input. There's only output.
    So the only way to play consle games is through a tv tuner but that produces lag D:

Yeah, that's true~
    I was talking about PC games, though~ .__. Like for Windows~

OSLeopard looks really cool, though <3~

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Yea I know, but I'm not a big fan on PC games, plus most get released onto X-box 360 anyway.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    In my opinion, PCs are too tedious for gaming though. I hate using the keyboard to play, and by the time you have invested in a joystick/controller/whatever plus a PC, you might as well have just bought the 360. Not to mention the next-gens have so many PC-like capabilities now that it's almost like owning a mini-PC. And what's the extra cost on console vs. PC games anyway? $10? By teh time you buy a graphics card and a PC good enough to make your graphics look even close to a 360, you've already spent a lot more than what $10 more a game could cost you in the long run.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
    I went with the Concept of...

Game Systems were made for Games.
    And PCs were not.

I don't have ANY computer games, because..

1. My computer can't handle it, so it never loads, or lags so much I want to scream.

2. I don't have a 2nd, reason, I thought I did, and I put this 2 and was like "Wtf? I have nothing else to say."

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    1. My computer can't handle it, so it never loads, or lags so much I want to scream.

2. I don't have a 2nd, reason, I thought I did, and I put this 2 and was like "Wtf? I have nothing else to say."

Which version of Windows do you have?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm a big HP fan so switching to a Mac would be hard.
    But like Erica, maybe as a second (or third... I plan on getting a desktop and a laptop) computer go with a Mac. Something that won't be my main... I love how you can't get viruses for it, and I like the look of the Mac OS (my cousin has one, bugs me about it everytime I see him XD), and all that stuff. But I'm so used to Windows that it'd be hard for me to switch, not unless I got a Windows based desktop or laptop to go back to at the end of the day.
    That's exactly my plan! XD; I want a desktop for my main computer and then a laptop for when I'm out or on vacation...stuff like that. And then I just want a Mac as a secondary computer or something. That's my ideal setup. XD
    Yes, but everyone seems to be forgetting that with the new Mac OS coming out, you can have both Mac and PC on your computer~

And.. for costs? :/ What about a Mac Mini? I don't really know how those work but I don't think they're that expensive..
    Mm, I know that, but then you have to pay for two OSes...not to mention if you aren't really interested in Mac OS, then you're still paying way too much for a computer you could get much cheaper. I might go for a less expensive Mac desktop one day, but for my laptop, the only affordable Mac was just a MacBook and I wanted a larger screen. :x So it made more sense to go with Windows again.

And...on the current topic, I don't game on PCs either. My brother bought a PC game...about two years ago? He never touches it. He plays MMOs, but they're all free. I have no interest in the computer games today, so I stick with console gaming. The last computer game I seriously played was, like, the Magic School Bus series. :[ *epitome of cool*

Years
    I went with the Concept of...

Game Systems were made for Games.
    And PCs were not.

I don't have ANY computer games, because..

@ 1. You must have quite an old computer. Haven't you got XP?

@2. Lol.

Cherrim

Years
    I never had XP. Not legally, anyway. xD We went from 2000 to Vista. And we actually would've gone from ME to Vista if dad hadn't borrowed 2000 from someone at work years ago. :|

It's not that uncommon to not have XP, and that's not really what'll make your computer incompatible with games. As far asI know, most games, while "made for" XP, will work on other Windows OSes. o_o It's usually the graphics card that governs whether your game will work or not.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    I never had XP. Not legally, anyway. xD We went from 2000 to Vista. And we actually would've gone from ME to Vista if dad hadn't borrowed 2000 from someone at work years ago. :|

It's not that uncommon to not have XP, and that's not really what'll make your computer incompatible with games. As far asI know, most games, while "made for" XP, will work on other Windows OSes. o_o It's usually the graphics card that governs whether your game will work or not.

That's true. Most of the games can't be installed on Windows Vista. ~

Cherrim

Years
    Not necessarily. My brother got...some game. I don't remember what it was called because I don't pay attention to the PC gaming market at all. But I've heard people talk about it a lot and I know it when I hear it. XD Regardless, he got the game and it worked fine on 2000. o_o

...this post was made of such fail. wow. XD;

edit: And I missed like 4 posts while typing this wtf. Vista isn't that much different. It mostly just looks different and has a few extra perks and redesigns. I'm not noticing that much of a difference though. o_O

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Overall, I like Vista's design. It has the -next-gen- layout that I like. ^^ <- Go Bill Gates!

Cherrim

Years
    I love Vista's design. XD I got so bored with the standard Windows design...and I never liked the colours in XP so I always used a program to change it to a different design. But Vista's really nice. It's not as pretty as OSX, but honestly, I don't really mind anymore. XD;

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    I love Vista's design. XD I got so bored with the standard Windows design...and I never liked the colours in XP so I always used a program to change it to a different design. But Vista's really nice. It's not as pretty as OSX, but honestly, I don't really mind anymore. XD;

Hehe, yeah. The clock on the desktop is one of my favorite features. It's just great!

Cherrim

Years
    Vista looks cheap and tacky to me. O.o
    :\ I don't think so. Then again, I'm probably just easy to please. XD;
    Vavavoom said:
    Hehe, yeah. The clock on the desktop is one of my favorite features. It's just great!
    Yesssss the toolbar. XD; I can't live without that now, though I had to take it off "appear on top" on my laptop because it took up too much screen space. But still. 8D;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back