• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I tried the Vista beta but didn't really like it.
    I had a Vista like style for XP for a while, but after some time I got sick of it xD

Ubuntu and XP are fine for me, I don't want to get Vista yet.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I could care less who had what first. If it's functional and useful, then everything should have it. :| So my favourite feature remains the toolbar.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    I'm not too crazy about Vista. Of course, when XP came out I wasn't fond of that either. Maybe I just hate change? You guys should try working at an internet call center and the only tool you have is an outdated Dell PC with XP installed and you're constantly getting callers who just bought a PC with of course, Vista. When Vista first came out and we started to get our first Vista calls, we had no idea how to direct them through their new OS because we weren't fully familiar with it yet ourselves. Then add on the fact you get a lot of older people calling who have no computer skills. "Yes, my winternet explorer is down and I need it up so I can play my online slots game!", "The START menu?! Where is that located at?" ¬_¬ Later on during the phone call you instruct them to do tasks on their computer that involve typing and you hear: "Click... *LONG PAUSE* click... click... click...", "Okay, I'm done typing in IP CONFIG!" Albeit, none of this really has anything to do with why Vista is bad or good, but going through something like that certainly tends to make you dislike Vista.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Yeah. I notice that many things is Vista was copyed from Linux. <- Just pointing this out.

*Cough the tool bar Cough*

You should see my friend complain about Vista... he says almost everything is copied from something else and that the design is "sickening to look at". xDD

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    You should see my friend complain about Vista... he says almost everything is copied from something else and that the design is "sickening to look at". xDD

Well it's kinda real. Of course not all of the things of Vista are copied. But most of the new stuff, yes.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Well it's kinda real. Of course not all of the things of Vista are copied. But most of the new stuff, yes.

I haven't had the chance to use it yet, so I can't really say... but I'm not believing all that he says, xD especially when he only likes Macs and despises MS in every single way. O.o

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    I haven't had the chance to use it yet, so I can't really say... but I'm not believing all that he says, xD especially when he only likes Macs and despises MS in every single way. O.o

XDD

I don't use Vista right now. But I'll try it one day. ~

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I've got XP still on my PC, my PC probably couldn't handle Vista... but I'll have to use it I suppose if I buy a new laptop soon-ish. It doesn't look too bad~ has improvements onto XP but it'll be a weird change. O.o

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I can't stand the Mac users who are total elitists. XD; I mean, I'm not a mac fan, but most of the ones I know are civilized and can go several days even without pointing out how much better macs are. Most don't even bring it up at all. :[

Haha, like I said before--I don't care if one OS copied another; if it's copied, it means it's probably pretty good so users of both OSes would benefit. Who cares who did it first? XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    For now, I'm correct with XP. When I'll change my RAMs cards, I may install Vista. ~ Until then, XP. ^^

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I can't stand the Mac users who are total elitists. XD; I mean, I'm not a mac fan, but most of the ones I know are civilized and can go several days even without pointing out how much better macs are. Most don't even bring it up at all. :[

Haha, like I said before--I don't care if one OS copied another; if it's copied, it means it's probably pretty good so users of both OSes would benefit. Who cares who did it first? XD

Macs are good for specific tasks, (being so expensive compared to Windows ones, they should be!!) but then it makes it seem that they're always above the rest of the pack. I dunno, but I'd rather save myself some money and go for a Windows PC with enough functions that I need then go with some hardcore Macbook which would probably cost twice as much. O.o

A very valid point. xD

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
    I myself am a big fan of Macs.
    Then again, why wouldn't I be?
    I'm a Graphic Designer.

And yes, I run XP right now, and I have been slowly been saving up so I can buy myself a Macbook.
    :)

I wish I had money.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I use XP, and even if my computer wasn't 7 years old I'd use it, just because I like it loads more than Vista.

echo
    echo
    echo
    echo

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    i am using Win Vista Beta Brico Pack if I am not wrong

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    My computer is whatever it is. I see the word Microsoft office somewhere, so I'll just go with Microsoft. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back