• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    guys me and Virgo just shared a 74 minute phone call. isn't that fun.

when was the last time you called a PC member.
    The only person I call is Virgo. We have phone calls that last for hours are you jealous yet???

Even if I had your guys' phone numbers, I wouldn't call. A) I'm always doing something B) My phone is horrible C) Long distance charges. I don't know where you all live and I don't want my mom to have my ass when the phone bill comes nothankyousir
    Comes across as "I'm shy and/or don't like my voice."

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Speaking of which I called you the other day (nick) and you didn't pick up nor text me after and I had such news to share!!!!!!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • If I ever came into possession of anyone's numbers here, I doubt I'd ever call. I might text once ever week or so, but I don't talk on the phone. Actually makes my mom depressed because I never answer the phone when she or anyone else calls.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My sister used to not answer the phone whenever my mom called. She lets that go for a while, but after a month or so she wondered why she was paying for a phone that she could never contact her on and stopped paying for it. Didn't go over well!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Phone calls suck lol. They're distracting when I'm trying to watch a show or play video games. It's a lot easier to text back in 20 minutes after my episode finishes or to pause the game after I finish a match. Plus I hate when the phone heats up on my ear and having to hold the phone with my shoulder when doing something because my neck is always stiff.

I only pick up phone calls because everyone I know prefers texting so when I do get a call, it's most likely for an urgent reason. Or a call from an employer, or school, or parents.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • I generally try to answer all phone calls, I feel rude not doing so even though, like many others, I loathe them entirely. Unless it's a phone call with an old friend, then I can dig.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I don't own a house phone or a cell phone. i don't need them. I just need a computer.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • The only person I call is Virgo. We have phone calls that last for hours are you jealous yet???
    no! just kidding yes actually. for a first phone call I think 74 minutes is pretty good though.... .. . . . ...

I like phone calls when the other person is actually cool or can carry a conversation, otherwise it's just kinda awkward. but I guess that can be said of any human interaction involving talking. yeah.

Sir Codin

Phone calls are the worst way to communicate with someone.

It's like "hey, drop everything that you're doing and talk to me for 30 minutes, idiot."

Rudest way to communicate with people.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Eh, I like it. It's no more rude than hanging out with someone. I think people underestimate the bluetooth; I often just stick my bluetooth in, call my mom, and then we both go about our normal lives while also talking to each other. It's really no different than the person being right next to you other than having to describe something in front of you.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • I know where CarcharOdin is coming from, but I have to agree with Oryx with everything except the Bluetooth thing. I've never understood it (I mean I know what it does, it's just very strange too me) and I don't really like it, even the few times I used it I found it clumsy.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • Phone calls are the worst way to communicate with someone.

It's like "hey, drop everything that you're doing and talk to me for 30 minutes, idiot."

Rudest way to communicate with people.

What? It's in no way rude...

Phone calls are far easier for communication

I hate texting and much prefer a simple 5 minute call
    It's to the point

In other news, I think I did well on my developmental disabilities exam
    Everyone in my class was infuriated by certain questions
    Personally, I studied certain things TOO damn closely ugh

Years
  • Ah, frankly I don't like my voice. Sounds horrible to me especially when I talk loud.

So yeah, just got home, which is ridiculous considering I left for school at seven. I'm sitting here *****ing like When you go to that Open House, and there's that one teacher out of eight that has something bad to say

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • My internet currently hates me and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to post this. Q.Q

EDJIT: Yeah, I managed to post this. Anyone else have RIDICULOUSLY slow internet? Mine's usually rather quick... Recently it's been horrifically slow.

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • My phone is mostly silent. No calls, maybe a few texts.

I'm generally down for a chat, but they just don't happen sometimes. Oh well. ^-^"

Oh and my internet service is total garbage. The customer service is horrid and it's generally unreliable. I've had my connection cut and when I called, they said it was because the bill wasn't paid. It wasn't due to be paid for two more weeks and every payment has been on time. I was livid. The plan isn't $60 biweekly. It's $60/month, those ****aroons. If I wanted to pay $120/month, I would opt for satellite and get a nifty TV package to go with it. -.-

Sir Codin

And it's not the same thing as being near someone and talking to them. You can do things and talk to someone in the room at the same time.

With a phone, you have to either drop everything that you're doing and do nothing but talk with them or you try and do things with only one hand. I always hate it when my mom calls me in the middle of playing video games or when I'm typing up a paper. Have you ever tried to do either of those things with one hand?

Also, bluetooth is uncomfortable. It's exactly like ear buds. It's amazing with all this technology around I've yet to come across an earbud that doesn't contort your inner ear into an uncomfortable shape. Earbuds are the worst.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'd prefer using the good 'ol earphones rather than Bluetooth earbuds, because I think it fits well with my ears. Funny, that I used to not fond of earphones as a kid.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I ****ing hate phone calls, and I especially hate my voice. I get called a lot, actually. So yeah, I just keep my phone on silent mode, and I don't call back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back