• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Digimon always seemed a bit depressing compared to pokemon.

Also I thought it wasnt that creative. take an animal, put some weapon onto it, and put "mon" at the end lol.
    I liked it, but at the time I was so much into Pokemon (still am), I didnt care much about Digimon, Was fun to watch though.

Sir Codin

Daily Cross Chop

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    We're in the offtopic section, we're all heretics here.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Aisu, you should've seen when the DCC would skip a whole page by the time you made 1 post. Like.. literally used to be like 19 people browsing this page at the same time and writing. It was awesome.. back in like 2006ish it was like that haha. Now I find that the topics go by too slowly.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I was absent from PC for like three years after I joined so it's not like I'm a true old*** or anything. But I like to think I am, sometimes.

PC sounds neat back then. Screenshots make it look very Web 1.5-esque.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aisu, you should've seen when the DCC would skip a whole page by the time you made 1 post. Like.. literally used to be like 19 people browsing this page at the same time and writing. It was awesome.. back in like 2006ish it was like that haha. Now I find that the topics go by too slowly.
    Haha yeah, I rememeber hanging around the count to infinity in 2008 when it was like that :)

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • So how did you guys not double post to hell after 100 pages?

I'm still wondering how that started happening, as it's not a vB3 bug last I recall. It's a gigantic waste of resources imo, taking extra time to load, making twice the requests/db queries, and on top of that the duplicates have to be deleted which is even moar resource consumption, and it looks ewww. >:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So how did you guys not double post to hell after 100 pages?

I'm still wondering how that started happening, as it's not a vB3 bug last I recall. It's a gigantic waste of resources imo, taking extra time to load, making twice the requests/db queries, and on top of that the duplicates have to be deleted which is even moar resource consumption, and it looks ewww. >:
    I stopped using quick reply in long threads. Double posting is now but a memory.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I still use Quick Reply now and then, because usually it's easy to post this way. But, if it comes to replying multiple posts or making quite a long post, it's another story.

Well, on my end unless I use the Quick Reply box I have to edit my post to get my signature to show up. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I use a plain text box as my posting medium over the editors.

Hmmm....

The signature showed for me even though I'm posting. I think, probably you should have checked the options if the signature is shown or not, just in case.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • The signature showed for me even though I'm posting. I think, probably you should have checked the options if the signature is shown or not, just in case.

Well, that's just the thing. I don't get the 'show signature' box unless I use Quick Reply, or if I'm editing something already submitted which brings to light the other bug that creates extra quote notifications not only for edits but even if you cancel or whatever. So yeah, it's possible to spam people's notifications through AJAX without making a submission to PHP for the post edit. That's not good.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I use quick reply up until the thread hits like 2k. Usually I start bugging Andy to make a new DCC or let me do it at that point anyway because I love the DCC and don't want to be annoyed posting in it. /selfish

Years
  • Quick reply is what I use often, but when I have a long post with a lot to make in it, that's usually when i'll take it to the Post Reply button.

(And is it just me or did this DCC have a lot less activity than the previous one?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back