• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
  • I never really saw the point of IRC, no matter how many times I tried to get into it. Skype is just so much more convenient and you can decide who you talk to rather than being in a public chatroom.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I like the public nature of it a lot; it means that I never know who I'm going to run into. :) I was so shocked when I got on IRC the first time and saw that mods and admins were just there to chat with. I never would have been brave enough to contact them directly.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    i never understood why people were afraid of talking to staff in a conversational nature

bear in mind i have like 3 pages of infractions so i suppose i'm quite familiar with most of them

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm flying to South Korea very soon now! Next thing I'm probably going to do is to post again once I'm there.

Be seeing you guys very soon!

I'm flying to South Korea very soon now! Next thing I'm probably going to do is to post again once I'm there.

Be seeing you guys very soon!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Staff are thirsty for interaction.

She said, generalizing heavily.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    bear in mind i have like 3 pages of infractions so i suppose i'm quite familiar with most of them
    Dead.

But yeah there's no point in avoiding staff members. If any person believes that they have higher authority or importance over someone simply because they are a staff member on a Pokémon forum, there is something distinctly wrong with their brain. PC staff are just people with regular jobs and lives who escape boredom by attempting to enjoy a forum and improve other people's enjoyment on it also.

Years
  • i never understood why people were afraid of talking to staff in a conversational nature

But yeah there's no point in avoiding staff members. If any person believes that they have higher authority or importance over someone simply because they are a staff member on a Pokémon forum, there is something distinctly wrong with their brain. PC staff are just people with regular jobs and lives who escape boredom by attempting to enjoy a forum and improve other people's enjoyment on it also.

being scared to talk to staff because they're staff is the goofiest thing of all time to me. I Fail To Understand.

You guys are all correct.

I recall when I used to be intimidated by staff members, but now I actually don't have as much issues interacting with them these days. They're just like any old member but with a teeny bit extra responsibility than their non-staff counterparts.

If I was looking at this from a staff perspective, I'd definitely not try and come off as "intimidating" because that's so not my nature. I like to make sure my fellow PCers are actually having fun and enjoying being part of this community!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    It tends to be younger people I guess. When I first joined, PC was my first forum and I felt intimidated by people who had wider knowledge of how things work. I didn't want to overstep myself or see any confrontation.

Now I couldn't care less. I've met the staff I was "afraid" of IRL. I was a silly kid.

Years
  • ok but was there anyone not scared of geoff at least once

Not anyone that I know of. I barely interact with most h-staff which is weird, in fact when it comes to regularly chatting to staff I seem to find myself speaking to regular mods much more often than h-staff.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Meh, some people actively try to use their position to scare people I've noticed. On forums and social media that has hierarchy in general. It's a bit embarrassing.

Years
  • It's also not that surprising though. That is how some people feed/boost their ego.
    It's all about how much people around will care and if they will let them behave that way.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I'm glad you're not afraid of me anymore, kiddo.
    Pfft, I made the first move. Don't flatter yourself.

It's also not that surprising though. That is how some people feed/boost their ego.
    It's all about how much people around will care and if they will let them behave that way.
    Yeah you're right, anyone who actually cares about these things has their priories out of whack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back