• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    o

idk somehow mine died in one draco meteor. maybe there were spikes down and sr idk. but it died. :(

im in the ubermole camp though. its a tough nig in sand.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    The mole is definitely one of the coolest looking new mons.

Anyway, I'm trying not to jump the gun on deeming things uber before we get a chance to test them, but I will admit the thing looks ridiculously beastly. Sand Throw + great bulk and typing + swords dance looks like it'll be one of its best sets, which I can't wait to try out :D

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    The mole is definitely one of the coolest looking new mons.

Anyway, I'm trying not to jump the gun on deeming things uber before we get a chance to test them, but I will admit the thing looks ridiculously beastly. Sand Throw + great bulk and typing + swords dance looks like it'll be one of its best sets, which I can't wait to try out :D

Drill Liner seems pretty broken as well depending on how often "often" is.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

Fire ghost looks really hot (pun totally intended.)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years

Mmm Mole stew.
    Fearow obtained Drill Liner and Sniper (DW).
    (is alone in w00ting)
    Secretly my favorite bird after Altaria and Articuno. :)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    keke i actually speculated Fearow was gonna get Drill Liner as soon as i read the description... just never bothered to check lol.

i did, however, check to see if Dodrio got the same treatment and NO. man, every gen gets more and more disappointing for Dodrio. they took away Low Kick gen 3, gave it nothing 4th gen, failed to give back Low Kick HG/SS and gave it a pointless second ability, and now, 5th gen, it has another stupid DW ability and absolutely NOTHING else new.

i just don't get some of the decisions that GameFreak makes. there are pokemon that desperately needed a tiny SOMETHING and did not get it.

so many disappointments this gen... =/

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I really dislike having to learn all the random speed tiers they threw us. 97, 98, 101, 103 :(

I still don't have the DPP speed tiers fully memorized :@

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    It's a 13 point threshold between a max speed positive nature poke outspeeding a max speed neutral nature. There I just solved all of your problems.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    keke i actually speculated Fearow was gonna get Drill Liner as soon as i read the description... just never bothered to check lol.

i did, however, check to see if Dodrio got the same treatment and NO. man, every gen gets more and more disappointing for Dodrio. they took away Low Kick gen 3, gave it nothing 4th gen, failed to give back Low Kick HG/SS and gave it a pointless second ability, and now, 5th gen, it has another stupid DW ability and absolutely NOTHING else new.

i just don't get some of the decisions that GameFreak makes. there are pokemon that desperately needed a tiny SOMETHING and did not get it.

so many disappointments this gen... =/

I think people are failing to remember that this gen hasn't even started and it also isn't anywhere over.

You have to remember we still get a third game (Grey), which includes our move tutors, like Platinum did.

Samson

Years
    if you compared this gen to last gen a couple weeks after initial release, then i'd have to disagree.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    At least Fearow looks like it will be used over Swellow this gen since it isnt totally roflsteelrock walled.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Fearow @ Life Orb / Choice Band
    Adamant / Jolly
    252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Sniper

Drill Peck
    Return
    Drill Liner
    U-Turn

Too bad its attack is subpar but whatever. Fearow > Your Mom

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    What does drill liner do? and what is the mole thing/why is it potentially broken?

(and where do I find all of this info x_x)

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Drill liner is a ground bp 80 attack, with a higher than usual crit chance etc etc.
    https://veekun.com/dex/moves/drill liner <- (In other words, fearow is not horribly walled by anything that resists normal + flying)

Mole is steel/ground, has 135 base attack, 110 hp, and that's topped off w/ a decent 88 speed that is possibly doubled in ss depending on which ability he has, either "sand power", which doubles the base power of ground/rock/steel moves in ss, or the aforementioned "sand fence", that doubles speed in ss. Oh, and it gets sd and can spin lol
    https://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/doryuuzu

Veekuun is rather useful for finding info, as is smogon w/ their "unchartered section" or w/e it's called for info, research on the b/w game mechanics, as well as potential sets. Won't bother linking to smog.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    you're right, there are no comparisons and TONS of contrasts.

thanks for that clarification.

I think people are failing to remember that this gen hasn't even started and it also isn't anywhere over.

You have to remember we still get a third game (Grey), which includes our move tutors, like Platinum did.

I don't understand where you can get comparing anything from that post, qt.

Samson

Years
    you said that this gen hasn't even started, and it's been about 2 weeks from initial release. there hasn't been much meta analysis, it's mostly just speculation, but to that point, we already know a lot about the changes that have been made.

and if you look at D/P two weeks after release, the metagame was pretty much revolutionized. tiers were completely thrown out. OU speculations were completely different from 3rd gen OU.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    you said that this gen hasn't even started, and it's been about 2 weeks from initial release. there hasn't been much meta analysis, it's mostly just speculation, but to that point, we already know a lot about the changes that have been made.

and if you look at D/P two weeks after release, the metagame was pretty much revolutionized. tiers were completely thrown out. OU speculations were completely different from 3rd gen OU.

Ah, well you see, I wasn't here for the beginning of 4th gen, so I wouldn't know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back