• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • 59.999999 or lower is an F here in Florida. Though at least my teachers weren't *****es for being so technical to round that up.. but anything below 60 here in Florida is essentially failing. Though in my district, if you received an F from 50-59 on a semester exam, it didn't penalize you at all for automatic failure if you had a C and a D for the two quarters of that semester (as an example).. however an F below 50 on an exam was automatic failure regardless of what you got for your two quarterly grades per semester for a class.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Is there any place in America where 50 is the passing grade?

59.999999 or lower is an F here in Florida. Though at least my teachers weren't *****es for being so technical to round that up.. but anything below 60 here in Florida is essentially failing. Though in my district, if you received an F from 50-59 on a semester exam, it didn't penalize you at all for automatic failure if you had a C and a D for the two quarters of that semester (as an example).. however an F below 50 on an exam was automatic failure regardless of what you got for your two quarterly grades per semester for a class.

Dang, that's pretty strict. Lol'd at the teachers part, but I mean most of the teachers at my school are cool. It's the principals that are really annoying and too strict imo. Although, I guess they may like me or something because today I was on my phone and didn't realize it when one of them walked in the room. I dropped my phone, they looked straight at me and my phone, and didn't do thing. I was flabbergasted. Screw logic. xD

Also, those exams are pretty stringent. We have exams in Kentucky that count as 20% for some classes then others that count for 10%. It just depends on the class. Then there are AP classes which is an entirely different concept.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    When I was in high school, anything below 68 was failing. In college, anything below 60. :P

Years
  • Anything below 90 is a fail for me. Why? I have a scholarship that will be revoked if my GPA goes below 3.5. (totally not because I'm asian)

Technically if you get below a C, though, it's counted as fail in my university.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Anything below 90 is a fail for me. Why? I have a scholarship that will be revoked if my GPA goes below 3.5. (totally not because I'm asian)

Technically if you get below a C, though, it's counted as fail in my university.

Gosh that would suck. The only class I got under a 90 in was Spanish cause I was caught using Google Translate.

Years
  • I'm honestly hoping to reform myself for college by doing good in school and getting nothing below a B (or even an A).. I want to procrastinate way less because that was what trashed my high school GPA was lots of procrastination and lack of effort in doing my schoolwork.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • 75% or lower was a failing grade at my old college in san diego. But that was because it was a tech school and they were really strict on grades and stuff.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Passing grade for my school is 85%. I'm studying Car Mechanics btw. Not sure if the other formations got the same passing grade as me, but I'm pretty sure they do.

Sir Codin

Yeah, I hope to retain good grades in college. I hope to party all day and study all day. lol

.............good luck. You'll need it.

As for me, I've just been procrastinating with most of my classes. I've been at this "school" thing for too long, I feel. I'm starting to feel burned out. I just want to work and get paid, but I'm getting bored with even that. Argh.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I procrastinated my first year of college and did the bare minimum to get by. By my second year, I had just completely gotten tired of it all and tried to take unsuccessful shortcuts. With the next semester approaching, I intend to do much better this time and try to avoid all distractions if possible.

Sirfetch’d

Speaking of work, I managed to apply to a few jobs this week that were hiring Christmas help so hopefully things will go well!

*crosses fingers*

Sirfetch’d

I've had bad luck so far myself but I really can't complain. I haven't put in as much effort as I should have been putting in and that is all my fault. I've learned though from that mistake and now I can search at full force!

Good luck to you as well!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I've had bad luck so far myself but I really can't complain. I haven't put in as much effort as I should have been putting in and that is all my fault. I've learned though from that mistake and now I can search at full force!

Good luck to you as well!

Thanks. I should probably put more effort in job searching and applying for jobs too. I haven't applied for any since the ones I applied for over a month ago. >_<

Sirfetch’d

I reapplied to all of the places that I had previously applied to. With all of the Christmas applications coming in, I figured that my old ones probably just got set aside.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have a job at my local Dunkin' Donuts store, but… I just don't like it very much. ): The place could get extremely busy, especially on my shift—the morning. Customers come in every minute, and if you don't get their food prepared quick enough, then they would start complaining. I'd take the night shift, but I just can't; I need sleep. I know I can take a nap when I get back in the morning, but for me, that isn't enough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back