• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • I reapplied to all of the places that I had previously applied to. With all of the Christmas applications coming in, I figured that my old ones probably just got set aside.

I should probably reapply for a few places, though I know some of them don't allow you to reapply till after a number of days, usually 60 or 90.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I would reapply to a few places about jobs if my college workload wasn't so busy. Some nights I don't go to bed until 2 AM and I just can't imagine taking on a job on top of that. I've also heard that I'm taking one of the most demanding courses right now, so maybe with the new quarter I'll have more free time for a job.

I applied to so many places over the summer I lost count. I never even got an interniew, so that kind of sucks. :/

Years
  • I'm probably going to re-apply to all the stores I applied to over the summer, plus a few places in food and more retail stores, just so I can definitely get myself a job! I really need one so that I can begin to make my own source of money that's for sure.

I just hope though with a part-time job and college in January that I can still have enough time to be a moderator here, because a job + school + homework is like 75% of my life there.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Black Friday is coming. Good luck all with your apps and if you get the job, good luck again :x

Years
  • Ugh, Black Friday.. that's the reason I've been holding off on getting a job, so that I can be able to go see family up in northern Florida on that day, like I've always done for the past 5 years.

Just hopefully employers are still hiring after that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    We don't have Black Friday in my country, but some companies like Amazon try and have a sale around the same time as black friday.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I love Black Friday for the shopping portion. It's such great fun; low prices and riots all in the same place. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Hm, this is the first year I can drive. I still don't think that I will go Black Friday shopping unless I see a really good laptop for a super low price. As lazy as this may be, I just don't want to sit out in the cold for hours waiting on a few products. I'd rather shop online for Cyber Monday anyways, or dish out a little extra cash.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I really don't enjoy Black Friday. I'm glad I'm working (I don't work in retail) so I don't have to go out in the morning. I will end up going when I get out around 2pm though. It's usually much better by then.

Sir Codin

Holy crap, LilJz, you're back man! How's it been?

And yeah, Black Friday can be hell for employee's. I know one guy who works at Wal-mart. He's described people who pick out boxes from the bottom of the stack. FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE STACK! There's TV's in there, people, and picking from the bottom of the stack first is going to cause the thing to topple down. Necks will be broken, dreams will be destroyed, hopes will be crushed...and sympathy from me will be nonexistent.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • he is back, yes <3

i'm skipping black friday this year. it's not worth it anymore, all i want is to spend thanksgiving with my family and like.. not spend thanksgiving hoping to get a $50 iPad.

Years
  • My family never goes out on Black Friday, unless there's something we absolutely positively need around the house. A few years ago we had to go out on Black Friday to replace our glass set in the kitchen, because our previous set began breaking one after the other.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Didn't had internet for a while so I had to get myself a social life haha.

The stores I usually go to doesn't always have special discounts so whenever there's a day that have huge savings, I always take advantage of it :P

Also I'm cheap

Years
  • I don't think there's anything interesting for me to buy in Black friday. Maybe a PS4, but even then the discount would be minimal. (not to mention my mom is extremely adamant against my getting PS4)

Edit: 1500 posts already? how the hell did that happen?

Years
  • Someone mention Black Friday?

dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

I was never much of a fan myself. Not worth the effort of getting up so early.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back