• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Ugh, McDonalds on black Friday.

rebecca-black-friday-3.gif

Years
I think the reaction the Friday song creates is hilarious because I've never actually heard the song. We need another something like that. "What does the fox say" is getting a little boring now.

Years
I think I heard it couple times in the school bus. It was worse than the low expection I had, actually. I just don't get the hype behind those types of "fads."

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I think the reaction the Friday song creates is hilarious because I've never actually heard the song. We need another something like that. "What does the fox say" is getting a little boring now.

Have you heard Allison Gold's Chinese Food? It's by the same guy who wrote Friday and is just as bad.

And it got the same reaction as Friday did. You're lucky you have yet to hear Friday. I was one of the unlucky people who listened to it out of curiosity....

Years
I clicked on that while I muted my computer just to see the amount of likes to dislikes. Now I feel bad for giving that crap a viewcount.

Years
In my opinion, artists would sound a lot better in their music if they were able to actually sing without the need to be autotuned..

Treecko

Years
It's hard to like an artist who relies heavily on autotune. I prefer singers who sound authentic and don't need computers to sound better. Vocorder (which is easily confused as autotune) is the only voice effects that's okay.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
It's hard to like an artist who relies heavily on autotune. I prefer singers who sound authentic and don't need computers to sound better. Vocorder (which is easily confused as autotune) is the only voice effects that's okay.
I don't know much about Vocorder, but for the most part I agree with you there. I just find it annoying when I listen to the song and the voice sounds so electronic.

I mean, there are effects where it's meant to add to the song, which I find enjoyable most of the time, but when it's used to correct mistakes, that's when I have a problem with it.

Treecko

Years
I don't know much about Vocorder, but for the most part I agree with you there. I just find it annoying when I listen to the song and the voice sounds so electronic.

I mean, there are effects where it's meant to add to the song, which I find enjoyable most of the time, but when it's used to correct mistakes, that's when I have a problem with it.

A vocoder (how it's actually spelled, I misspelled it.) is a device that uses a person's natural voice and adds synth/ robot like effects on it so it's more authentic then using auto-tune.

blue

gucci
Years
In the UK, the John Lewis Christmas TV Advert has just debut and it's beautifuul. Reminds me of Disney or something like that. (:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
@AWsquared

Interesting, I'm over at a friend's house so I was actually able to watch the video! :D

Effects like that are fine, and I think they can add a lot to the techno and dubstep genres. However, when I'm listen to a song that's supposed to sound "natural" and the singer goes into a vocal rip, if I hear the electronic static of autotune making sure that the rip sounds good, my respect for the singer diminishes drastically.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I saw the thumbnail to that video earlier today on my Youtube homepage and I immediately thought of Disney.
Is it weird that I got happytears from watching that? ;; (it's 1:30 am, I blame that)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
They must have hired Disney to make that video. It just feels so...Disney-ish haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back