• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
One of my old avatars a kept for more than a year! There was not really any particular reason why I did not bother to change it aside from the usual indolence [:

Years
One of my old avatars a kept for more than a year! There was not really any particular reason why I did not bother to change it aside from the usual indolence [:

If memory serves me right it was that one from Harry Potter right? That was the one I saw on you during my early days at PC. Don't be surprised if I keep my current black profile for like a year or something, blame it on me not being able to find good designs that fit with green supporter names.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Don't be surprised if I keep my current black profile for like a year or something, blame it on me not being able to find good designs that fit with green supporter names.

I guess green colors are not quite fitting with some profile themes, yes? I was checking that even some of my planned profile themes might not mix well with the green supporter color if I ever become one (most of them are blue-oriented), so I have no clue what would I bring if I become one. But so far, black suits your profile Hika.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
"How are you feeling Georgie?"
"Saint-like."
"What's wrong with his mind, is it affected?"
"I'm holey Fred. Geddit?"
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (after George loses his ear during a Death Eater attack)

Ear-related puns are great. XD

Signatures aside, I change my mind a lot about themes. Some I can't bring myself to change, while others I do in a heartbeat. For my current one, I'll probably keep it for ages. Mainly because it's cute and I have no idea what I would change to. :I

Years
"How are you feeling Georgie?"
"Saint-like."
"What's wrong with his mind, is it affected?"
"I'm holey Fred. Geddit?"
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (after George loses his ear during a Death Eater attack)

Ear-related puns are great. XD

Signatures aside, I change my mind a lot about themes. Some I can't bring myself to change, while others I do in a heartbeat. For my current one, I'll probably keep it for ages. Mainly because it's cute and I have no idea what I would change to. :I

It's too adorable. Keep it for ages gurl until you get bored that is!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Learning CSS is a cakewalk! Try learning C++, C#, or even Java, then you have a real challenge. CSS is to C++ as a puddle is to the ocean!

As far as themes go, my current one is a slopped-together recoloring of my previous pink profile. And I have to say, my hands-down favorite was my theme for the Soviet Union. It was just kick-ass!

I've always had a few pet peeves when it comes to the art of theme-making, though. Notice how every single one of my avatars is 8-bit indexed in Photoshop? Notice how the link colors on my profile are identical to the old color for supporters? Yeah, those thinks have really stuck.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Speaking of profile themes, currently my theme is a combination of blue and purple colors, and so far I like it even though I might switch it at some point, and my pet peeves if it comes to art was when my finished picture was bigger in filesize than what the limit in here should be (usually it's self-made signatures or sometimes avatars) that I have to convert them to fit in.

Years
I came up with my current profile theme when I was experimenting with color combinations that would fit with a green username a while after the supporters changed to said color. My iconic Oshawott profiles didn't fit with the green very well and it actually hurt my eyes at some point. I was looking for patterns on Tumblr and I came across a page there with some beautiful vintage-style patterns, that was where I got the black flower pattern from.

Everything else all came into my head. I made the text all white (excluding usergroup color formatted usernames, like staff and supporters) so that nothing would hurt my eyes, this is why I often find it annoying to navigate some users' profiles where the colors are like, hard to see the text on. It's one of those things I'm OCD about when making profiles.

In fact, prior to getting supportered my profiles sucked. Everything I tried back then was blinding to the eye.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Fact: Hikari changes themes more than she changes underwear! ;) Hehe, teasing you, Hikari.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
My profile is the standard one, haha. I'm lazy. Plus, it looks neat so.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
My profile theme is based on the SKET Dance wikia, nothing too special. Well, I like it only because its clean and easy on the eye.

Years
Fact: Hikari changes themes more than she changes underwear! ;) Hehe, teasing you, Hikari.

Well, it's mainly my avatars/sigs that would apply to this. The profile on the other hand, basically has remained the same for a while.

Maybe that was why I have this specific emblem right here...

ZH0lhXo.png

Maybe this one—no wait! This one!
You always seem to change your fashion sense. Or maybe not.

Yeah, I always change my fashion sense baby. I do.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I jut did a big revamp of my profile theme a couple months ago. I can pretty much assure you that you won't see anyone else rocking a Quality Inn themed profile on a Pokemon forum. (If you do, let me know; I will be friends forever with that member.)

As for my signature theme - it's based on my playthrough of Y, and will probably change again once I get my lazy butt around to finishing it and stop spending all my time and money buying clothes.

Years
As for my profile, yous are gonna have to put up with it for a while. I've been too proud of how well it turned out those few months back. I was once a noob when it came to using supporter perks for making profiles, but you'll never see me using certain color combinations so that I don't cause certain username colors to not be seen easily. I'm OCD about all text being seen.

I remember how many liked the one I did with a starry background all over. And I was still in the noob profile designing stage. I often like to stick a YouTube video on it as well so you have some music to hear every time you pop by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back