• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I've seen snow many times when I lived in Maine. I was born and raised there until fourteen. Then we moved here to Arizona because the climate was better for my dad. He has tendonitis and arthritis in his joints. :x Anyway, since I've moved here, I've seen snow twice. Once when we went up to Flagstaff to a ski resort. It was closed for day I think, but they were still letting people in. The second time was a light snowfall we had where I live that didn't last very long.

Other than that, I've never experienced snow the way I did in Maine.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I've seen snow many times when I lived in Maine. I was born and raised there until fourteen. Then we moved here to Arizona because the climate was better for my dad. He has tendonitis and arthritis in his joints. :x Anyway, since I've moved here, I've seen snow twice. Once when we went up to Flagstaff to a ski resort. It was closed for day I think, but they were still letting people in. The second time was a light snowfall we had where I live that didn't last very long.

Other than that, I've never experienced snow the way I did in Maine.
    When I lived in Arizona I never saw snow. Heck, rain was a rare sight where I lived. I remember there was supposed to be a hurricane, but the desert sucked up all the moisture so quickly it disappeared after fifteen minutes.

Years
  • I love it when it rains here in the wintertime when it's colder, though.. at least the rains are lighter and there's no thunder and lightning around for the most part.. and it brightens the sky as well.

Typhon

'sup
    Years
  • Ugh, we're expecting snow here in Britain in late-December. I've seen snow a ton of times, so I'm not gonna be really surprised unless there's a lot of snow that no-one expected; not even the weather forecast.

I just want some warmth, right now we're getting reaally cold days. Brrr :s

Years
  • It's the exact opposite here in Florida, where it's just been continued warm with the exception of some days when a cold front passes through, but then it just warms up immediately after that.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I've had to transition to my heavier hoodie these past couple weeks, and one day I even had to break out the winter coat! Bring on the snow! But not too much, maybe just a couple inches every now and then.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Snow? All I know its white and makes the air dry, yeah, it never snows where I'm from. The coldesst weather I went was only about 5 degrees celsius or so. I live in the equator, so its raining and sunny all year.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • When you spend you entire youth growing up with brutally cold winters and copious amounts of snow, you learn to hate it. Why do you think I moved to the Carolinas as soon as I got out of high school?

Really though, I don't see the appeal of snow. It reduces traction, increases braking distances and reaction times, and costs millions in dollars in damages to vehicles. Not the mention the fact that the use of road salt causes cars to rust prematurely. I could certainly do without all of that.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Really though, I don't see the appeal of snow. It reduces traction, increases braking distances and reaction times, and costs millions in dollars in damages to vehicles. Not the mention the fact that the use of road salt causes cars to rust prematurely. I could certainly do without all of that.

Because most people don't think of snow as having a practical purpose otherwise.

I like snow, but it's not as charming as it was when I was ten and I enjoyed flattening myself in a huge mound of it.

Years
  • HA! But know is fun and good for rolling around and skiing in. You can also fall on top of someone in the snow which is a plus, since it hurts a bit on grass.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I like snow for the skiing, but not much else. If snow stayed on the mountains and didn't come down here, I'd be perfectly fine with it. Driving takes some getting used to, but eventually people will remember how to drive in it.

Years
  • One thing I would love to get to do in my life is go skiing for sure.. and if I'm ever unable to do that, I should at least let myself be able to see snow at least once in my life. It's unfortunate though that I can't foresee myself leaving Florida at all to be able to experience snow :(

Years
  • Come to Canada and I'll take you skiing :P Or snowboarding, but I don't know how to snowboard. I'll take pictures in the wintertime :P - which makes for lots of picture thread material btw guys - but interesting enough I don't think Toronto will have a White Christmas, because we almost never do.

Years
  • Come to Canada and I'll take you skiing :P Or snowboarding, but I don't know how to snowboard. I'll take pictures in the wintertime :P - which makes for lots of picture thread material btw guys - but interesting enough I don't think Toronto will have a White Christmas, because we almost never do.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Where do you go skiing? Ever heard of Red Mountain?

Tell you what Zach, when I write that best-selling novel, I'll fly you up here to go skiing. :P

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Looks like the server doesn't like you today, BIS. X}

We don't get excessive amounts of snow, most of the time. Although when it does snow, my backyard is covered in animal tracks from the stray cats haha.
    ...I end up carrying one of them around because the cold bothers his hips sometimes, and he isn't smart enough to stay out of the snow to keep warm.

Edit:
    Woah. It looks so weird for me to have an avatar after all this time. x:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^I always thought you had one all this time :x I must not be paying attention. lol

But anyways, never gone skiing, but I wanna learn how to snowboard! Back when I was a little girl I lived close to the mountains, and it would snow there every winter. I'd always go to Big Bear with my older sister and her friends, and we'd sled there. Her then boyfriend was a snowboarder and that's where I got my inspiration from. I hope to learn someday though!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back