• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I had the last slice of chicken pot pie for dinner. My mom makes the best food ever! It's going to suck when I go off to a university and I'm forced to eat burnt raman noodles all the time. Let's face it, I'm one of those people that are prone to burning stuff.

Oh man, chicken pot pie. Haven't had those in ages. ): I'll ask mom and see if she can make some for us sometime. And Raman noodles are not that easy to burn. I used to make them all the time when I was younger, and haven't burned them even once. Haha. Just make sure to add enough water, and you're good to go!

Last time our smoke alarm went off was about two months ago. Not sure what caused it, though, as I was upstairs laying around on my bed. I wasn't very concerned, either. If it was serious, I'm sure someone would be yelling.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    My house doesn't have a smoke alarm, neither does any of my previous houses, so I've never set one off before. Isn't there a way to adjust the sensitivity of a smoke alarm?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    My house doesn't have a smoke alarm, neither does any of my previous houses, so I've never set one off before. Isn't there a way to adjust the sensitivity of a smoke alarm?

You should have one, it's just safer that why. And not really most of them don't have any kind of settings.

TY

We do have a few around the house and sometimes one goes randomly off cause someone is having a BBQ, or something else with smoke, and it tends to go off at night aswell in the summer

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    It's not that we don't want to have one, the designs of the houses built in my area doesn't include them. I don't think houses in my country even have smoke alarms in the first place. I guess there really isn't a great demand for them here. Haha.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    It's not that we don't want to have one, the design of the houses built in my area doesn't include them. I don't think houses in my country even have smoke alarms in the first place. I guess there really wasn't a need for them? Haha.

Same with me, I don't have some sort of smoke alarms installed in my house either.

Years
    The smoke alarms in the building complex I live in are insanely loud, and until a few years back they didn't even have sprinklers. It was after a pizza delivery scooter was set on fire outside the building that led to the sprinklers getting implemented. Even worse, my last fire incident was really really late so I didn't get a lot of sleep that night.

Years
    We have battery-powered smoke detectors in our house instead of the electricity-wired one and we usually replace their batteries at new year's.. it's really annoying though when the battery is dying on a smoke detector and the annoying beeps just keep occurring.

TY

Same here, and when it happens at night, i just get mad instantly for the rest of the day :S

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    My house has smoke detectors, but they never have actually been of use.
    Actually, one malfunctioned and went off one morning. That's it. My cat was very upset about the sound and began throwing himself at my bedroom door until I got up and realized what was going on. I normally would have just assumed that he was begging for attention and ignored him, but he claws at the carpet when he's being needy. He had never actually pushed at my door before.
    It's a little unsettling that I hadn't heard a thing until after I opened the door...

Years
    Yeah, you can buy one Amanda. You can also get carbon monoxide detectors that also run on battery. Maybe in North America we're just super safety-oriented - since I never had an alarm set off on me before - but yeah, might be something to look into.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Never had one, I don't think its common to have one in homes in my region.

Years
    Wow, how do y'all in Southeast Asia know for sure when a fire is occurring but y'all are like asleep? o_o are house fires like a rarity in Southeastern Asia or something?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Most of my relatives in Mexico don't have smoke alarms either, because they claim that they're pretty expensive and harder to install. I told my grandma that there's battery-run detectors but she keeps saying her dog can tell her if there's a fire.

I'm like... "ooookay?"

Mine are battery powered. The annoying thing is that we have to change the batteries every 6 months or so (more than that if we're lucky). When we first moved in to this house all the smoke alarms were running out of battery power and we couldn't figure out where to change the battery until a month later so we ended up sleeping every night with the annoying low-battery sounds lmao.

Years
    I doubt it, but house fires are a rarity to begin with eh? I think our whole fire alarm and safety thing came from activist citizens and civil society groups that lobbied for this kind of awareness.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Meganium90 said:
    we ended up sleeping every night with the annoying low-battery sounds lmao.
    Yay! I'm not the only lazy person that does that....of course I still complain about it even though I'm the one who has to change them. XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My dad didn't know how, tbh. xD It took him a few hours or so to fix it. A little googling kinda helped for me, it just takes a screwdriver to remove the alarm and replace the batteries.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Oh, I know how to change them. I only hear the low battery sound when I'm in bed....once that happens sleep will happen no matter what and I will get up for nothing.

Years
    We have a smoke detector in the kitchen and one in the living room.. the one in the kitchen is easy to reach and change the battery on, but the living room one is installed above a bookshelf.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back