• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Ahahahah, this is awesome, I have no idea who anyone is and I'm greatly enjoying it because name changes. -w-
    I think that part of name changes is so good. People complain about not knowing who's who, but when username changes were here in the past, it really helped me view everyone differently, because I started knowing them as their new username and let go of any judgments or opinions I had of them that were attached to their old usernames. It gave me a new perspective on them as people, and I really liked that.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I know your name isn't new or anything, but is it based after Drew from the Pokémon anime, or? xD It's really nice, though—short and sweet!
    It is Drew from the Pokemon anime, yes. XD Advanced / AG was still the cool / currently airing series when I first joined here, and I really liked Drew's character. lmfao

I think that part of name changes is so good. People complain about not knowing who's who, but when username changes were here in the past, it really helped me view everyone differently, because I started knowing them as their new username and let go of any judgments or opinions I had of them that were attached to their old usernames. It gave me a new perspective on them as people, and I really liked that.
    Same. xD There is not too much you can do online for self expression that's not changing a username or a forum theme. So I like seeing all the name changes that people get, because it does tell you a little something about the person as far as what they're into, or the type of person they are depending on what the username is.

Years
    I love name changes and seeing all the new names. I like seeing peoples creativity with them and what they come up with!

Years
    Believe it or not, all other forums I'm a member of, I use the name I have here now.. I was pretty upset though that I couldn't have it originally but thanks to Jake I have it now :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I see usernames as identities moreso than simply expressions of interest and whatnot, so I've never totally understood people who can change them so easily. I get so attached to mine! It probably sounds really hypocritical since I just changed mine today but I went by Lightning for probably 7 or 8 years online and then switched to Cherrim exclusively in 2007, which makes another 6 years of that username. So when people do actually switch them every few months it sometimes baffles me.

I prefer keeping a static username and changing avatars and signatures to reflect your interests instead. Although, I don't even switch signatures/avatars that often either... so maybe I'm just not really a fan of change period, hahaha.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I see usernames as identities moreso than simply expressions of interest and whatnot, so I've never totally understood people who can change them so easily. I get so attached to mine! It probably sounds really hypocritical since I just changed mine today but I went by Lightning for probably 7 or 8 years online and then switched to Cherrim exclusively in 2007, which makes another 6 years of that username. So when people do actually switch them every few months it sometimes baffles me.

I prefer keeping a static username and changing avatars and signatures to reflect your interests instead. Although, I don't even switch signatures/avatars that often either... so maybe I'm just not really a fan of change period, hahaha.

I've never been a fan of change either... yet I'm always changing my theme. XD Though, lately I've been stuck on Loki though. I was going to go with a Polar Express them for Christmas, but eh... I don't know if I will. This is the longest obsession I've had, and I don't even know if it's an obsession anymore. O_O

Anyway, soon... I will be Loki of Sassgard. \o/

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I got my username based on my interests, and unlike previous usernames in the past, this one really sticks in for me for future accounts.

I've been wondering, is there a thread for users to celebrate their anniversaries of joining PC?

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    I got my username based on my interests, and unlike previous usernames in the past, this one really sticks in for me for future accounts.

I've been wondering, is there a thread for users to celebrate their anniversaries of joining PC?

I'm not really sure. Your best bet would be to ask someone on the staff. Though, I'm not entirely sure who you would ask... o.o; I've never cared about my join time, since Sept. 2013 isn't my original join date. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    There's no specific thread, but generally people will post a thread in Celebrations to commemorate their friends' PC anniversaries and the like. You're allowed to post about your own but I don't think it happens too often.

:( I don't know my original join date, haha. It was some time in summer 2002 but that version of PC was lost forever so I only know my second join date, which is coming up soon, I suppose. (December 14, 2002!)

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    There's no specific thread, but generally people will post a thread in Celebrations to commemorate their friends' PC anniversaries and the like. You're allowed to post about your own but I don't think it happens too often.

:( I don't know my original join date, haha. It was some time in summer 2002 but that version of PC was lost forever so I only know my second join date, which is coming up soon, I suppose. (December 14, 2002!)

Mine is June 30th 2004. Kind of a shock I've been here so long though, at least for me. XD You've been here way longer though. O_O I can't even remember how old I was when I first joined. ._. *is horrible at math*

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    i like that they brought name changes back because now i can put numbers in my username :D

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Ohh my God, Dipu. XD

I personally agree with Lightning on the belief that usernames should serve as identities rather than platforms of expression like avatars or usertitles.

There are only two root identities I would ever think of going by, which are AlexTheRose and RockSmashGuy (and also ®ock§mashGod, a derivative from BMGf). 'Course, since I used AlexTheRose for so long, so I wouldn't mind shortening it, which I did with Audy's help. I feel heavenly with this awesome username! :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back