• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • OH, okay. I thought were were talking about actual alligators, and I went back and couldn't understand why it was brought up. :C

Football is fun. But I'm gonna join the intramural volleyball team on campus. Cause volleyball is heller awesome.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Don't see why Americans call this football since the ball is mainly in their hands. I only know/follow/like football(soccer).

Years
  • Don't you realize that their football is called football? It goes both ways. And it's not even my football, I'm not American. I've watched a skit by Key and Peele that talks about how ridiculous the players' names are. Any truth to this? :P

Years
  • We have a lot of immigrants and football fans that are true to the game, so you actually have to ask depending on who you're talking to. We don't follow American football nearly as much as you guys though :P Maybe only the NFL (I don't see a lot of people following the CFL). For most of us heathens though, we call football soccer and football football ^^

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I just say American Football and Soccer to avoid confusion when I'm not talking to someone individually and know what they call which. That said I don't really follow either. My Mom has started watching the Gator Football games because my brother is in the band but that's pretty much it.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • Locally, we call it "voetbal", which literally means "football".
    Every time I read "soccer", I tend to read it as "sucker".
    When talking English, I'm rather true to the nearest by English-speaking country, which is the UK, which call it "football".

But furthermore, I don't really care about that game, not even during UEFA.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Bleh, sports.
    I'll participate in sports, but can't watch 'em.
    Unless you count Ninja Warrior as a sporting event, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I hate the word soccer so much, sounds like your playing a game with socks which has nothing to do with football.

Years
  • I use the word soccer most of the time, but football if I'm talking to Europeans if I know that they are.
    That's pretty much me, especially when I talk with my pair on Skype most of the time, though he knows that I'm American and I know he's British, so I sometimes slip soccer through xD

In fact that reminds me.. about a month ago I told him I had some biscuits for lunch and he thought I meant cookies haha, because that's what cookies are called in the UK

Years
  • MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • I guess you should like Dutch people more, as what you call "biscuits" are called "bischuit" here.
    As for "cookies", "koekjes".

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Bleh, sports.
    I'll participate in sports, but can't watch 'em.
    Unless you count Ninja Warrior as a sporting event, I guess.
    I'll agree to this too. I love Ninja Warrior. XD

I don't really talk to people from different countries face to face, so I don't have any cool stories like you guys...

Years
  • That's pretty much me, especially when I talk with my pair on Skype most of the time, though he knows that I'm American and I know he's British, so I sometimes slip soccer through xD

In fact that reminds me.. about a month ago I told him I had some biscuits for lunch and he thought I meant cookies haha, because that's what cookies are called in the UK

But biscuits are amazing eh? Like tea biscuits? Or scones? They sell those in McDonalds down south :O

Sirfetch’d

Hello DCC! Man, I love it when the topic here is food because I always can relate. This thread always makes me more hungry though and now I am in the mood for biscuits =D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back