• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: dakota was here! castform's a winner! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm heading towards the tail end of the semester and getting really relaxed, especially due to thanksgiving approaching. I hope I'm not missing any homeworks or something.

Years
  • I was so glad last year when I didn't have any homework at all for the Thanksgiving holidays (which was the whole week off for me), because that meant I could just relax and not have to worry one bit about school.

Years
  • Ahaha I can second you on that one, Captain.

And if you think the word count is too high, then you should also consider the amount of time you have to spend thinking through all sorts of things. That's where I spent the majority of my time doing, during my dissertation. Not the writing part but the thinking.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sometimes the thing that worries me when writing essays is to try my best in not repeating myself when making a point in an argument.. that is something I have always struggled with when it came to writing essays, especially a persuasive essay >>

Years
  • I have the same trouble posting here all the time XD Although in some sense you can never repeat yourself enough ;) all you have to do is package it in a different way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never had any trouble with the repetition thing in essays. For me, the hardest thing would have to be thinking of ideas. Sometimes, I would spend an hour planning just the introduction. Body paragraphs would take me even longer, since you have to elaborate on them and add as many details as you possibly can. d:

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Is it weird that I love writing essays? Like...give me a topic and I'll try to come up with a few things in at least five paragraphs. :P

Years
  • I've actually been pretty good with writing essays on the fly and not having to plan what I'm gonna write about, though I do generally try my best to plan so that I can be more thoughtful and detailed about what I put into an essay.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I write my essays for the sake of completing it and I can do a fairly well-written one in about 30 mins, 5 paragraphs, around 300-400 words.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Essays were always easy for me to write, especially when given the freedom to write about a topic in the best way I can for that topic. My main problem when I was in school and needed to write essays were hitting the page count. I was one that had problems not repeating myself if I covered a topic the best I could in four pages and the teacher asked for six.

Sirfetch’d

I am similar with essays. I had no problem writing a complete and well written essay because I just had a natural talent for doing so. I just was unable to make them long enough to where I wasn't just repeating myself over and over while also trying to reach the required word count.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I hate essays with a passion. I always struggle to make it sound good and relate everything back to the thesis statement. I just get so bored writing them. I thought that since I like writing, I should take a writing based course this year. I have never been so wrong. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back