• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Damn platinum

carter756978

Bass Player
Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Right then, first a little back story.

The only time i have seen a shiny pokemon on any pokemon game was on leaf green when i saw a tentacool. Sadly i had no pokeballs and i missed out.

And a couple of days ago, on the day i got pokemon platinum i encounter a shiny budew and i think "OMG!!! i'm so lucky to find a shiny with only a few hours of playing AND ihave pokeballs." BUT... i am unable to catch the budew because i am with cheryl in eterna forest and it is "impossible to aim the pokeball"!

How much would this annoy you?

bluechu

World's Only Blue Pikachu!
    Years
  • it would annoy me.... but if you got rid of the other pokemon that was with said budew (since it would be a double battle) youd have been able to catch it

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    it would annoy me.... but if you got rid of the other pokemon that was with said budew (since it would be a double battle) youd have been able to catch it

That's true, but then the Chansey could make a move on the Budew without you knowing and could KO the Budew. It could get annoying if that happened.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    That's true, but then the Chansey could make a move on the Budew without you knowing and could KO the Budew. It could get annoying if that happened.

Thats what happened. As i was getting rid of the non-shiny budew in the battle chansey was repetedly using egg-bomb on the shiniy budew :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    If something like that happened to me, I'd instantly assassinate Chansey/Kadabra/Arcanine/Whoever-I'm-With first.

bluechu

Years
  • also, this is the same thing that is happening to me at Stark Mountain right now. i cant catch a weezing or a koffing all thanks to that fools claydol! >.< i have even tried attacking claydol+getting rid of it with my torterra, but it still doesnt seem to work out in my favor..

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If something like that happened to me, I'd instantly assassinate Chansey/Kadabra/Arcanine/Whoever-I'm-With first.

That's what I would do as well. It'd be pretty annoying if my pokemon were slower or not as strong to beat the Chansey or whoever is following me around.

Years
  • Can't you attack the chansey too??

I dunno..

but that's fail xD sorry

and I'm pretty sure, chansey would've attacked the non shiny if you started attacking the shiny.. as it always attacks the opposite from what you attack

bluechu

Years
  • Can't you attack the chansey too??

I dunno..

but that's fail xD sorry

and I'm pretty sure, chansey would've attacked the non shiny if you started attacking the shiny.. as it always attacks the opposite from what you attack

not always. i tried that a few times with that guys claydol, he just went ahead and attacked the weezing/koffing too. fail...

Kagamine

♪♫~
    Years
  • Ouch, that sucks so much. D: I'd probably quit for the day (or a few days) to let off some steam. You should feel lucky though, the only shiny Pokemon I've seen was the Red Gyarados from G/S/C. >_>

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    you shouldve Knocked Out the your partner, then knocked out the other pokemon, then catch budew. i caught Beautifly doing that

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    i have decided it is my mission to get good at chaining and to catch a shiny budew!!! Its gonna take me ages but then i won't feel bad about losing out

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    I wouden't care

Cuz, I am to stupid to see the difference between a shiny and a non shiny xD

To be honest I don't even know what a shiny pokemon are so, You are welcome to inform me ;)

~Peace

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It would annoy me a bit, but it's only a Budew.. so it wouldn't have gotten to me too much. I'm not into Shiny hunting, and as far as I know, I've never once ran into a Shiny on any of my games. Since I don't collect them, I wouldn't really care if lost out on one. xD;

Years
  • I came across a Shiny Graveler heading towards turn back cave in Platinum. I had master balls, but wanted to catch him with an Ultra ball or something else. I got his hp down to yellow, and he used destruct. I felt so stupid, i completely forgot about them using destruct or explosion.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I would have knocked out Cheryls pokemon then the non shiny then catch budew but i guess thats pretty hard to do!
    Thats a sickener tho i would have went crazy :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I came across a Shiny Graveler heading towards turn back cave in Platinum. I had master balls, but wanted to catch him with an Ultra ball or something else. I got his hp down to yellow, and he used destruct. I felt so stupid, i completely forgot about them using destruct or explosion.

Wow that really is quite a drag. It happened to me once as well.

There was this one time when I ran into a shiny Steelix in Pokemon Pearl with Riley. I was aiming for Riley's pokemon but when I used a move on it, suprisingly it did not faint. Riley's pokemon used an attack on the Steelix and it apparently fainted right after. If there was only an option to choose where Riley or the others who follow you around, to make a move on which pokemon that would be cool. Although I don't think it would happen any time soon on if they do happen to do that.

Back