• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danga Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I really want to play it (especially SDR2) but I don't have a Vita ;~; I don't see myself getting one anytime soon, so it looks like I'll just have to sit this one out. I still haven't seen/read/whatever SDR2 so maybe I should get on to that first :)
    Well... you can probably try playing an emulated PSP version if it ever gets translation like the first one.

Hmm. The English voice acting is pretty okay, I do like some of them, mainly Toko's and Asahina's, but the rest sound odd to me. This is probably only because I actually watched a playthrough of DR with English text and Japanese VAs on youtube and the anime with those same voice actors, so I've just associated the voices with the faces ;~; But they're not that bad! Just odd sounding to me.
    How can anyone like Fukawa's voice when her seiyuu is Sawashiro Miyuki... xD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I personally find japanese voice acting more cringe worthy than English, especially since I know what they're actually saying. (Learning Japanese.)

They're normally so exaggerated.

My friend works at GameStop and has really been hyping the game for me. I plan to pick it up sometime next month - super glad I have a Vita now, good choice. B') I checked out some videos for the English voice acting and am liking what I see (hear?) so far haha. Admittedly the anime series was largely why I decided to give this a try but from what I've seen it looks pretty good.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My friend works at GameStop and has really been hyping the game for me. I plan to pick it up sometime next month - super glad I have a Vita now, good choice. B') I checked out some videos for the English voice acting and am liking what I see (hear?) so far haha. Admittedly the anime series was largely why I decided to give this a try but from what I've seen it looks pretty good.

I'm certain you'll like it. It's better than the anime; the anime was a rushed, condensed version of the game, so you get more character interaction/development in the game, and you get to figure out all the cases yourself too.

Though since you've seen the anime already, you kinda already know what happens in the game, and I guess that diminshes the impact of some things a bit.

....But I'm sure it'll still be great.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Though since you've seen the anime already, you kinda already know what happens in the game, and I guess that diminshes the impact of some things a bit.
    Agree with this... pretty much all class trials will have less of an impact because the culprit will be obvious from the start.
    When I was playing the PSP version the only obvious culprit was the first one (11037, yeah, right...)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    When I was playing the PSP version the only obvious culprit was the first one (11037, yeah, right...)

I lol'd so much at the whole 11037 thing. Guys, it's so obvious that's not what it says. The funny thing is that at the time I still wasn't able to put a name to everyone's faces, so when I first saw it, I was like "uh, who was that again?". XD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Hiding for spoilers.
    Spoiler:

But yeah, it does seem kinda silly when it's translated into English. Oh well. I'll think about getting a vita, especially because I want to play SDR2 ;~;

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hiding for spoilers.
    Spoiler:

But yeah, it does seem kinda silly when it's translated into English. Oh well. I'll think about getting a vita, especially because I want to play SDR2 ;~;

Ya know, that is a good point. Though you then have to wonder why its written in English in the first place...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Jesus christ I already found out the first culprit because of you guys. :/
    Spoiler:

Put these things in spoilers please.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Ah, good stuff. Played Saturday, and most of yesterday. {:3} Just about to start the class trial on the third chapter. Some of the trial gameplay took some getting use to it (they even throw in a rhythm game, lol), and while it's not Ace Attorney, it's still fun and fast-paced. Not many complaints so far; visuals, characters, OST, and story have all been great. A few VA's seem off, but you get use to it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    A question for those of you who've played some of the North American version of the game:

What color is the blood?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ^lol, for some reason it's pink. Why? Is it red in the original version?

:3

No, its pink in the Japanese version as well. It's a quirk of Japanese game rating. Despite the fact that the Japanese are really chill about language and sexual themes, they apparently aren't too fond of having blood in games. So Spike Chunsoft made the blood pink to get around that.

I thought they would change it to red for the North American release since blood doesn't bother people as much here, but it seems they didn't.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    :3

No, its pink in the Japanese version as well. It's a quirk of Japanese game rating. Despite the fact that the Japanese are really chill about language and sexual themes, they apparently aren't too fond of having blood in games. So Spike Chunsoft made the blood pink to get around that.

I thought they would change it to red for the North American release since blood doesn't bother people as much here, but it seems they didn't.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Pink blood is the representation of Dangan!
    But I think it's more like joke on developers' part than actual quirk =D'cause the whole game is pretty much parody =D
    You are right about Japanese games not giving a ♥♥♥♥ about sexual themes and bad language but hate blood in games, though.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Finished the game last night and I eagerly await the second game's Western release. Some unexpected twists and revelation at the end made up for some stale parts in the middle. {:3} You even get an extra mode once you finish the game once.
    Spoiler:

Also,
    Spoiler:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I've played this, finished it, played the original, I guess you could say I really got heavily into the fandom haha (which is not recommended btw). Supposedly I played this more for the english adaptation, as I'm a huge sucker for english dubs when it comes to original japanese products, so really I just played it for that. But again, it was kind of refreshing to replay this nice little game.

I know for a fact that the second installment for this game got announced for Q3 this year, or at least I'm pretty sure Sean Chiplock (Kiyotaka Ishimaru's VA) tweeted something about it. So yeah looking forward to that. Personally I hope to see Liam O'Brien get a role in it but it's only wishful thinking haha.

Hmm... as far as VA's go I loved Celeste's, whoever did her (I can't find it for the life of me who voiced her x_x) and Kaiji Tang on Yasuhiro Hagakure, I'm blown away that he did that so well. I'm comparing him to some of his other roles, like Owain in Fire Emblem Awakening and I genuinely find it difficult to tell if it's the same person. If I had any real complaints with VA's in particular I'd say Jason Wishnov's role of Byakuya Togami but that's just me. He doesn't sound as pretentious or well, connected to what I believe Togami was to be in the original version.
    Spoiler:

I'll try my best not to spoil any part of it for anyone.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I know for a fact that the second installment for this game got announced for Q3 this year, or at least I'm pretty sure Sean Chiplock (Kiyotaka Ishimaru's VA) tweeted something about it. So yeah looking forward to that.
    Yeah, Super Dangan Ronpa 2 has been confirmed for a Western release later this year. I think I posted a link about it somewhere on this thread...

Hmm... as far as VA's go I loved Celeste's, whoever did her (I can't find it for the life of me who voiced her x_x) and Kaiji Tang on Yasuhiro Hagakure, I'm blown away that he did that so well. I'm comparing him to some of his other roles, like Owain in Fire Emblem Awakening and I genuinely find it difficult to tell if it's the same person.
    lmfao! Hagakure and Owain have the same voice actor? XD They don't sound the same...not like I've heard much of their voices.
    Spoiler:

I'll try my best not to spoil any part of it for anyone.

Erin Fitzgerald is in Dangan Ronpa? How did I not pick up on that?

Back