• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danga Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Something that's been floating around in the back of my mind for a while: Apparently Bryce Papenbrook is doing the voice for Komaeda Nagito in the localization of Super Dangan Ronpa 2.

Me, I'm like "Why....why are you doing this?" I think he's generally a good voice actor and that I'll get used to him being Naegi in the 1st Dangan Ronpa, but he just doesn't have the type of voice where you can just throw him into any role and expect it to fit. I have a really hard time thinking his voice will work for Komaeda.

I'm aware that Megumi Ogata did both Naegi and Komaeda's voices in the Japanese versions, but that doesn't mean you have to follow the same trend with the English translations.

/♥♥♥♥♥ing

So.....your thoughts?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I don't give a crap about English voices but there's a reason why those two have the same voice =)
    At least English stays true to that. It's like Monokuma staying Monokuma. That must be something that stays.

Spoiler:

Back