• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Souls III

Years
  • That's true, damn you're right.

Yeah, Sharp is probably the best option for you. I really like that they tweaked how the buffs look on weapons now. It doesn't look like hot garbage like in DKS2.

Spoiler:

Sir Codin

Okay, so I've been doing a little mini-LP/comedy first playthrough. You can check it out if you want. I've got material to up to five, maybe six episodes right now, but I've gotten two done so far because Movie Maker is a fickle little lady-dog right now:

NOTE: You might have to turn up your speaker volume, my microphone kind of sucks.

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
    Years
  • Just finished my first playthrough!! Damn, I really loved the whole experience.

I didn't do the optional areas/bosses because of how much of a pain in the ass the levels before that are, and I just wanted to get it over with, lol. Seriously, screw Irithyll Dungeon. And screw the Aldrich Faithfuls.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • FINALLY beat that damn Nameless King. Jesus Christ.

It was a hell of a fight. I'm actually upset at some of his moves having that much tracking. It's insane.

Sir Codin

I'm still on the Catacombs. Video editing slows my playthroughs down a little. That being said, I'm now picking up the pace, recording new material, then storing on a drive for latter editing when I feel like it. I've got 25% of episode 3 already done and I've got material stored in my USB for up to episode 6.

Also, that Bonfire keychain I got at Gamestop for pre-ordering the game? It's on the USB. XD

If my mom decides to not be a kuk and demand loads of money at once for paying off some debts, I can probably get a better headset that my voice won't easily cause to peak.

Sir Codin

Okay, if there's ONE thing in this game that has royally pissed me off, it's how Poise was handled...even the heaviest armor in this game gives you meager amounts of poise, which means even daggers can stagger you with ease. You can even stagger Havel. The guy who absolutely could not be staggered with anything but the strongest weapons in the game of Dark Souls 1 thanks to his armor, can. be. STAGGERED. In short, if you're choosing armor based on poise, don't bother. It's even worse than Dark Souls 2.

FROM, you had ONE chance at fixing this and you fucked it up. I don't give a flying fuck how OP poise was in Dark Souls 1; if your solution is just simply outright making poise useless, I'll gladly trade that in for having to deal with the flipping Havel moms/dads.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • FROM has always been absolute ass at balancing their games and its mechanics. Kind of makes you wonder after 5 games using this style of gameplay and weapon mechanics they fuck it up every time.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • Okay, if there's ONE thing in this game that has royally pissed me off, it's how Poise was handled...even the heaviest armor in this game gives you meager amounts of poise, which means even daggers can stagger you with ease. You can even stagger Havel. The guy who absolutely could not be staggered with anything but the strongest weapons in the game of Dark Souls 1 thanks to his armor, can. be. STAGGERED. In short, if you're choosing armor based on poise, don't bother. It's even worse than Dark Souls 2.

FROM, you had ONE chance at fixing this and you fucked it up. I don't give a flying fuck how OP poise was in Dark Souls 1; if your solution is just simply outright making poise useless, I'll gladly trade that in for having to deal with the flipping Havel moms/dads.

get good at dodging so you don't need poise then lmao

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • get good at dodging so you don't need poise then lmao
    nice meme :^)

sometimes people just want to make tanky hard-hitting paladins but it doesn't matter when FROM decides the only weapon classes that should be viable are straight swords and katanas, so they make UGSs do like 5 more damage than a Dark Sword, take up a half of your stamina with a swing and making the attack time slower than the combined time of Tool's and Frank Ocean's new albums being in development hell combined

Years
  • nice meme :^)

sometimes people just want to make tanky hard-hitting paladins but it doesn't matter when FROM decides the only weapon classes that should be viable are straight swords and katanas, so they make UGSs do like 5 more damage than a Dark Sword, take up a half of your stamina with a swing and making the attack time slower than the combined time of Tool's and Frank Ocean's new albums being in development hell combined

Except for the fact that the Fume Knight has a straight up S in STR scaling, so it hits like a damn 400 pound Tight End and you're just a 185 pound Wide Receiver, and since it's a UGS, we can't sit and complain about speed and stamina usage when you're getting smacked with every sword from Unlimited Blade Works at once.

Rolling back to Poise.....well I don't think it's as useless as implied. I would hit dudes in PVP with the WKGS in one hand and they'd eat it and not get stunned, and I'd have to Two-Hand the thing to get any stun. So unless everyone is just running the Wolf Ring (Which I doubt cause that covenant is dead as hell) it isn't THAT useless. Idk what to tell you about the Havel thing, cause the same thing happened to me when I fought him.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm so glad they removed Adaptability in DS3. I'm currently playing through DS2 for the first time and the early game really sucked due to the awful rolling.

Also, after finishing Demon's Souls then playing a little of DS3 in 60 FPS, I appreciate the series' graphical improvements so much more. DeS is very good by the way. Tower of Latria and Valley of Defilement are so immersive.

Years
  • I'm so glad they removed Adaptability in DS3. I'm currently playing through DS2 for the first time and the early game really sucked due to the awful rolling.

Also, after finishing Demon's Souls then playing a little of DS3 in 60 FPS, I appreciate the series' graphical improvements so much more. DeS is very good by the way. Tower of Latria and Valley of Defilement are so immersive.

Yeah, Adaptability was a waste of a stat. Putting roll iFrames behind a stat should NEVER be a thing lol.

And yeah DeS is really fun. Although you're better than me, I can't stand the Valley of Defilement.

Sir Codin

I'm still mulling over how they handled poise. And unfortunately, they may never increase the poise that some armors get, because then it would necessitate Prima strategy guides being not longer informal on armor poise.

I'm also still mulling over why the Blue Sentinels are back when the Blades of Darkmoon are in as well, considering they're mostly similar in terms of what they do...invade sinners. Blades of Darkmoon even now have the same "be summoned to a host being attacked by an invader" schtick, which is something the covenant didn't do in Dark Souls 1.

The fact that once again no one uses Way Of Blue also hurts any legitimate reason for the Blue Sentinels to be here, as well as the fact that the Way Of Blue offers no rewards whatsoever. The Way Of Blue's function of "having someone be called in to help a n00b being attacked by an invader" is also rendered somewhat moot by virtue of the fact that most new players are cowardly little fucks who have 2-3 phantoms summoned in their world at any given time anyway. Which, by the way, if I find out ANY of you are doing at any point of your first playthrough, I will NEVER let you live it down.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • Which, by the way, if I find out ANY of you are doing at any point of your first playthrough, I will NEVER let you live it down.

heavens forbid a new player wants to make their way through an unknown area with safety
    or a player is getting a party together to just power to the boss
    i mean
    bro
    what you're criticising here is literally the reason the summoning mechanic exists
    i'm sorry that not everyone is as MLGPRO as you to solo every area

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • heavens forbid a new player wants to make their way through an unknown area with safety
    or a player is getting a party together to just power to the boss
    i mean
    bro
    what you're criticising here is literally the reason the summoning mechanic exists
    i'm sorry that not everyone is as MLGPRO as you to solo every area
    ngl if you aren't solo fisticuffs running dark souls you just aren't doing it right, fam

Praise the backstab and git gud sun

pkmin3033

Moving right along, because if I leap into the fray about the DS fandom's misplaced elitist attitude again it's going to degenerate pretty quickly...

Spoiler:

Might try playing again as a Mage next time around; something a bit squishier. But now I feel like giving Bloodborne another shot.

Last edited:
    Back