• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Day of Silence

Support?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
This is about the Day of Silence, and if you participated. Why are all threads like this turned into a debate thread. :(

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
This is about the Day of Silence, and if you participated. Why are all threads like this turned into a debate thread. :(
Differences of opinion, and people are headstrong with what they they think is wrong or right.

I don't care if you think homosexuality is a sin or you don't think they should get married or anything. My dad told me he would rather ship me out to Iraq than have me become a chain-smoking lesbian. My mom grew up in a strictly Catholic household. If I was gay and was abused for it by my peers, they wouldn't have stood by going "Well that's what you get for liking women." Bullying, discrimination and physical/verbal abuse is still wrong even if they didn't agree with my lifestyle.

I mostly support the Day of Silence because one of my best friends was gay, and because some people didn't like that, she never got to go through high school or college. I was also bullied to the point where I wasn't allowed on my own bus ride home, all because a group of kids decided they didn't like me based on how I looked and dressed. It's a very sore subject for me, which is why I support *any* day or event that brings awareness to things like this.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
You should have told that to Martin Luther King. Yeah, there are still racists, but you simply cannot argue that black people are not treated better than they were 50 years ago. The same can be said for women, thanks to feminist movements they are treated better, yet there are still sexists. That's why we have civil rights movements, like the fight for gay rights now. Wow.
No I hate it when people try to compare civil rights movement to homosexuality. Being black isn't a sin. You are born black, you aren't born gay(weather you don't want to believe that with your twisted logic ,or not; you are not born gay)

Blacks where being oppressed and, not allowed in cretin schools. If your gay, you can still go to a straight school. No madder how much bullying you got for being gay, it was a 1000 times worse for blacks; so saying that it was the same thing is mest up to all the African Americans who fought for equality.

Last edited:

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
Years
No I hate it when people try to compare civil rights movement to homosexuality. Being black isn't a sin. You are born black, you aren't born gay(weather you don't want to believe that with your twisted logic ,or not; you are not born gay)

Blacks where being oppressed and, not allowed in cretin schools. If your gay, you can still go to a straight school. No madder how much bullying you got for being gay, it was a 1000 times worse for blacks; so saying that it was the same thing is mest up to all the African Americans who fought for equality.

Talk about twisted logic... You say homosexuality is a sin and an abomination, yet you do nothing to stop them "sinning". I believe you're supposed to, based on the Catholic religion? It seems to me that you're more just afraid and homophobic than anything. Some people are gay. Deal with it. But when you make a post like this...

Ew, they had this at my school. I was like ohh your being silent eh? Well this will be a great time to inform you that homosexuality is an abomination :3 haha they where getting so mad. I tried to see how many people I can make talk. I was getting quite good at it, I knew exactly what buttons to press. In totally I made 11 people break there row, shows how serious they where about that. :)

...wow... As Sydian said, that post makes me feel embarrassed to even have a religion. Bullying people is wrong, "breaking people" because you think it's fun is wrong, and you feeling no conscious whatsoever for that just sickens me to my stomach. Staying silent and defiant of rights that every person, homosexual, bisexual, straight, or whatever, deserves? That's right. But bullying people like you did is the real sin, the real abomination.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I am not bulling anyone, like you said I should do something to try to stop those sinners from sinning.

I am not scared of any gay, I don't get nervous when I am around them, I tell them what they are doing is wrong. How is that being scared of them?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I am not bulling anyone, like you said I should do something to try to stop those sinners from sinning.

I am not scared of any gay, I don't get nervous when I am around them, I tell them what they are doing is wrong. How is that being scared of them?

Homophobia can also refer to not liking them, which is what you're doing.

Also, will you try to prevent me from eating pork and shellfish?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Why would I prevent you from eating?! I am not catholic xD I eat Shel fish all the time. Also I don't dislike gays, I just believe what they are doing is wrong. It's like if you have a drug addicted friend.

wee187

Years

Because you just missed the entire point. It's not wrong, what you're saying to them is. My best friend is bisexual, and he's told me before he'd do anything to become straight. That really tore me up, because he hasn't completely accepted it yet, and yet you think people go gay just because they feel like it. It's how you're saying such crude things to people with no care about the other's feelings that makes what you said disgust me.

Why would I prevent you from eating?! I am not catholic xD I eat Shel fish all the time. Also I don't dislike gays, I just believe what they are doing is wrong. It's like if you have a drug addicted friend.

Ew, they had this at my school. I was like ohh your being silent eh? Well this will be a great time to inform you that homosexuality is an abomination :3 haha they where getting so mad. I tried to see how many people I can make talk. I was getting quite good at it, I knew exactly what buttons to press.

So if you don't dislike them, is that how you treat everybody?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023

So you admitted to accepting only parts of the bible. Stop that. No one likes a cherry picker.
Whatever happened to the golden rule?

wee187

Years
So you admitted to accepting only parts of the bible. Stop that. No one likes a cherry picker.

Well personally I think people have the right to interpret any religious document with their own opinion, and "cherry picking" may not be always wrong because the bible has changed so sporadically since Jesus actually delivered it. If people cherry pick the bible itself when they rewrite it, then I can't blame people for doing them same when they read it. But that's really besides the point, it doesn't have much to do with the DoS...

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Well personally I think people have the right to interpret any religious document with their own opinion, and "cherry picking" may not be always wrong because the bible has changed so sporadically since Jesus actually delivered it. If people cherry pick the bible itself when they rewrite it, then I can't blame people for doing them same when they read it. But that's really besides the point, it doesn't have much to do with the DoS...

Choosing what group you want to hate and using a religion as an excuse is horrid. I don't see how anyone can do that.
I'm getting offtopic, but whatevs.

wee187

Years
Choosing what group you want to hate and using a religion as an excuse is horrid. I don't see how anyone can do that.
I'm getting offtopic, but whatevs.

Well, yeah, I 100% agree with you there, but I'm just saying in general. xD Though I'm not an expert, I'm not Catholic or any form of Christian at all, so I dunno. Maybe I just misinterpreted what you said.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Jesus revoked those rules in the new testament. So you should try reading the bible before quoting it, eh?

@that other guy wee or somethin'

I treat everyone will kindness and respect, but I will not turn a blind eye to someone sinning right in front of me. How do you treat... lets say a prostitute?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Jesus revoked those rules in the new testament. So you should try reading the bible before quoting it, eh?

He came to enforce the rules, not to abolish it.
Don't think you can get away with that dishonesty.

I treat everyone will kindness and respect, but I will not turn a blind eye to someone sinning right in front of me. How do you treat... lets say a prostitute?

So you insult them like a child instead of trying to show them the supposed light.
I'm getting the feeling that you are closeted That's some pretty kinky stuff :3

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
He came to enforce the rules, not to abolish it.
Don't think you can get away with that dishonesty.

So you insult them like a child instead of trying to show them the supposed light.
I'm getting the feeling that you are closeted That's some pretty kinky stuff :3
ew no man that's just gross.

I don't insult them I inform them what they are doing is wrong and I would like to invite you to church, because Jesus loves you.

How can you say you know more about the bible then me, when I have read the whole bible, and your not even a christian. You just hear something that you think is logical/witty and you copy it for your own arguments :D

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
ew no man that's just gross.

I don't insult them I inform them what they are doing is wrong and I would like to invite you to church, because Jesus loves you.

How can you say you know more about the bible then me, when I have read the whole bible, and your not even a christian. You just hear something that you think is logical/witty and you copy it for your own arguments :D

Ladies and gentleman, exhibit A.
Ew, they had this at my school. I was like ohh your being silent eh? Well this will be a great time to inform you that homosexuality is an abomination :3 haha they where getting so mad. I tried to see how many people I can make talk. I was getting quite good at it, I knew exactly what buttons to press. In totally I made 11 people break there row, shows how serious they where about that. :)
*applause*

Whatever, it's not like there is any point in talking to you about this. You clearly aren't going to change your thoughts when the only reason you have to hate is "my religion doesn't like it."

wee187

Years

@that other guy wee or somethin'

It's wee187.

One, that's not respect, or kindness. Two, being gay and being a prostitute are completely different things. Like I said, you don't just choose to be gay. My guess, based off how my friend realized he was bisexual, is that you just start feeling it and you can't change it. And it's not a sin if you can't help it. Comparing a prostitute and a gay person is completely irrelevant because most gay people don't go out and have sex with random guys.

To answer your question though, so you don't say "you didn't answer the question"... I'd treat a prostitute with pity and suspicion but I certainly wouldn't treat him/her like you treated people on the Day of Silence.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
It's wee187.

One, that's not respect, or kindness. Two, being gay and being a prostitute are completely different things. Like I said, you don't just choose to be gay. My guess, based off how my friend realized he was bisexual, is that you just start feeling it and you can't change it. And it's not a sin if you can't help it. Comparing a prostitute and a gay person is completely irrelevant because most gay people don't go out and have sex with random guys.

To answer your question though, so you don't say "you didn't answer the question"... I'd treat a prostitute with pity and suspicion but I certainly wouldn't treat him/her like you treated people on the Day of Silence.
What if the prostitute sais she can't help it, she keeps on getting these urges. She sais she was born this way, but she wants to have a normal relationship.

You chose to be gay if you can't over come your sinful urges that's your problem, and you should go ask God for forgiveness.

@luck
I don't hate them xD I don't go around beating them up.

wee187

Years
What if the prostitute sais she can't help it, she keeps on getting these urges. She sais she was born this way, but she wants to have a normal relationship.

You chose to be gay if you can't over come your sinful urges that's your problem, and you should go ask God for forgiveness.

@luck
I don't hate them xD I don't go around beating them up.

One, urges aren't sins if you don't choose for them to come to you. Let's take this into perspective. You and me, let's chat right here. Say we lived in a world of opposites where straight relationships were outlawed and everybody was gay. Don't question it, just know that in this made-up world, being straight is a sin because their(let me make up a book) because their holy book known as the Forumpost says all straight relations are "abominations". Now, let's say you live in that world. Don't say, "oh but I don't, so it doesn't matter~" or anything to get off the point, just answer the question. Let's say you live in that world, and you're straight as a pin. When you turn 13 you get these funny feelings around girls and you're scared you'll get harassed by people when they find out you're straight. The Forumpost says it's a sin if "you can't resist the urges and be like everybody else". But you can't, you just don't feel the same when with a guy, you're only falling in love with women. Let's say there's many others like you now, who have set this think up called the Day of Silence to end the discrimination against straight people. You participate, but this guy known as ActorNaruto (yeah, I switched it, that's not you) goes around making fun at these protesters by making them talk and pressing "the right buttons".

You're straight, but now you're an utter sinner because you just can't like guys, no matter how hard you try, and now the Forumpost says you're gonna go to hell because of it.
----

Take that into perspective, NarutoActor. In a reversed, reversed world(our real world), that's how every gay person feels. They can't help it. You can't help being straight. They can't help being gay or bisexual or whatever.

Oh, but
that's your problem

Sad. If religion teaches people not to question things and not to actually think... then to hell with it.

Back