• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death Note Mafia [Game Over]

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Well it's pretty hard to not join a bandwagon for someone who outs themselves as an idealist.

But when you realise that if you're the last to vote that'll be another idealist dead... well that's the reason to make sure you're not the last one :P. Idealists might not like the idea of going down 2-1 but they're certainly going to avoid a three-death scenario.

I'll put you in and Kiyo in my sus book :33.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Oh, that actually makes all kinds of sense. I had a possible theory that it was one of the idealist-aligned populace members who gained an ability. And if the latter is correct, it's not outside the realm of possibility that there actually are multiple fake messages out there, since more than one populace could have gotten that ability.

^But remember guys, these are just theories. All we can do is speculate *shrug*

I was thinking this was another possibility too, but decided against mentioning. Although, I'm glad you did. I re-read the OP briefly and saw this:

Once a Citizen becomes aligned, they become either a Supporter of L or a Follower of Kira. They can then choose to "pledge" to their current alignment, becoming a Loyal Supporter or Loyal Follower, and gaining a small ability and new win conditions, but they cannot unpledge and will show up as being a part of whatever faction they are loyal to on reports.

So I think you are quite likely correct Sophy :3 Let's just hope our Justice-aligned Populace got some handy abilities to net themselves some bad guys just like they did to us. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Night Seven
    L turned to Misa.

"I'm sorry miss Amane, but we're going to have to take you in as the second Kira."

Before she could respond, she was already in handcuffs and being dragged away.

"You can't be serious?" Light yelled, but he refrained from interfering.

L simply glanced at him.

Rem watched as the scene dragged on. She didn't make a move yet. Light Yagami might still be able to get Misa out of this predicament.

But if he didn't, Rem would kill him.

For now she turned her attention to someone that had added to the domino effect that led to Misa's capture.

She pulled out her Death Note and began to write.​

Orpheus has been apprehended. He was an Idealist.​
    Sonata is dead. He was one of the Populace.​

Send in your Night Actions by PM to Cosmic​

Rules

• All PokéCommunity and Mafia rules apply.
    • No posting in the thread during the night phase.
    • No discussion that will affect the game in any way is allowed outside of the following: this thread, PMing me, or nightly discussions among the Idealists.
    • All night actions are to be submitted to me by PM.
    • Also feel free to ask any questions to me via PM.
    • No PM sharing.
    • Submit votes in the format of [ARREST] <player>
    • Please ensure your vote is bolded and matches the above format.
    • Any player who misses two day-votes in a row, or misses four total, will be killed off for inactivity.
    • Abstaining is not permitted.
    • Each Day phase will have a time limit of 48 hours.
    • Each Night phase will have a time limit of 24 hours to send in any night actions, but they could possibly be shorter if all night actions are received before the time limit is up.
    • Failing to PM a night action within the given time period (24 hours) will result in having no action; failing more than once will result in being killed off and/or losing your role.
    • If you have a night action and opt to not use it for the night, the action must still be sent in as such—simply not sending the PM will count as missing it.
    • In the event of a tie in the votes, the player to die will be picked by the most recently killed player. If this is not applicable, the death will be decided at random.

Players
    Cosmic as Death
    Nakuzami as Naomi Misora

gio7sm as an Idealist
    Netto Azure as one of the Populace
    Ash as a Justice
    Absol used bite! as one of the Populace
    Kiriyuuki Kasuna as one of the Populace
    Klippy as a Justice
    Jupiter as one of the Populace
    no as one of the Populace
    Arx as one of the Populace
    Twiggy as one of the Populace
    BidoofFTW as one of the Populace
    Seth Rollins as one of the Populace
    Orpheus as an Idealist
    Sonata as one of the Populace
    Sopheria as ???
    Bacteriophage as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Candy as ???
    arachnidsGrip as ???
    Kiyoshi the Polar Bear as ???
    JohnnyMustang as ???
    Ninja Aiden as ???
    Misdreavus as ???
    Nagi as ???
    Fun Size as ???
    Ullion as ???
    Lycanthropy as ???
    Mana as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    Nimsy as ???
    Deceptio as ???

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Day Eight
    Watari aimed his gun, ready to shoot, but the damn Shinigami was in his way. It was following him, but for some reason it wasn't killing him. It was just being a nuisance.

He wouldn't be able to carry out this kill for the night.

Meanwhile, L had been able to touch another Death Note. The second Shinigami was revealed to him.

Light, on the other hand, had made a foolish mistake. He'd written the name down in his notebook . . . but nothing had happened. He'd gotten something wrong. He'd screwed up an important detail.

He too had failed this night, and that could likely cost him his life.

The same man from the night before was trying to fall under God's Grace, but someone was watching him from the shadows. What a juicy sight to Gossip about.​

No-one was killed for the night​

Rules

• All PokéCommunity and Mafia rules apply.
    • No posting in the thread during the night phase.
    • No discussion that will affect the game in any way is allowed outside of the following: this thread, PMing me, or nightly discussions among the Idealists.
    • All night actions are to be submitted to me by PM.
    • Also feel free to ask any questions to me via PM.
    • No PM sharing.
    • Submit votes in the format of [ARREST] <player>
    • Please ensure your vote is bolded and matches the above format.
    • Any player who misses two day-votes in a row, or misses four total, will be killed off for inactivity.
    • Abstaining is not permitted.
    • Each Day phase will have a time limit of 48 hours.
    • Each Night phase will have a time limit of 24 hours to send in any night actions, but they could possibly be shorter if all night actions are received before the time limit is up.
    • Failing to PM a night action within the given time period (24 hours) will result in having no action; failing more than once will result in being killed off and/or losing your role.
    • If you have a night action and opt to not use it for the night, the action must still be sent in as such—simply not sending the PM will count as missing it.
    • In the event of a tie in the votes, the player to die will be picked by the most recently killed player. If this is not applicable, the death will be decided at random.

Players
    Cosmic as Death
    Nakuzami as Naomi Misora

gio7sm as an Idealist
    Netto Azure as one of the Populace
    Ash as a Justice
    Absol used bite! as one of the Populace
    Kiriyuuki Kasuna as one of the Populace
    Bacteriophage as one of the Populace
    Klippy as a Justice
    Jupiter as one of the Populace
    no as one of the Populace
    Arx as one of the Populace
    Twiggy as one of the Populace
    BidoofFTW as one of the Populace
    Seth Rollins as one of the Populace
    Orpheus as an Idealist
    Sonata as one of the Populace
    Sopheria as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Candy as ???
    arachnidsGrip as ???
    Kiyoshi the Polar Bear as ???
    JohnnyMustang as ???
    Ninja Aiden as ???
    Misdreavus as ???
    Nagi as ???
    Fun Size as ???
    Ullion as ???
    Lycanthropy as ???
    Mana as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    Nimsy as ???
    Deceptio as ???

Last edited:

Ullion

Years
    So it looks like Ryuk has found Watari. L has found both Ryuk and Rem now? And Kira failed to kill, so he aimed for someone and got their role wrong. Unfortunately, there are few roles left iirc (especially if we're trusting Bardothren's claim to Aiber).

Also it has been a while, so I have forgotten a lot of what has happened and whom may be suspicious. ;-;

edit: Bard, should you really publicly reveal someone that quickly? :/ Thankfully I'm not maf and can't abuse what you just posted. Maybe edit it out? x:

Ullion

Years
    My bad, I honestly don't remember what happened 'yesterday'. XD

The list of members here seems to be getting smaller. Since no one has CC'd you yet, I'm def willing to believe you're Aiber, and I guess Nagi is confirmed Watari too, cool. L knows who both shinigami are, I only wish we could know so we can get lynching. :( Does anyone strike you as suss, Bard?

My gut tells me Fun Size, but that might just be me being mad because he tried to BW kill me the other day. >(

Another thing that I'm wondering... if Kira couldn't kill someone, he just tried to kill someone with a role, yes? Who is left that could happen with (assuming he didn't target you or Nagi then there are only two other roles remaining?).

Years
    Yay! It's finally here!

First off, I redirected Ryuk, so how was Watari affected? Either I was roleblocked somehow, or Nagi is Watari. Watari never outed yesterday, so I had to pick someone I thought suspicious. Tbh I couldn't decide, so I went with what GP said yesterday.
    Well here's a theory:
    It was Rem, not Ryuk that was messing with Wartari which is totally plausible since the narrative never listed which Shinigami was with Wartari. But there isn't any way to prove that and I may be wrong since Rem doesn't have have anything in her description that would match up to what happened with Wartari. It's kinda messed up though. Picking on the old guy.

Years
    That explains why Nagi was acting a tad off I guess, my bad!

Anyway, I have gone back over previous pages and I've re-evaluated my suspicions quite a lot. Right now I most want to point out that we have some players who have contributed very little.

The ones that really jump out to me are Lycanthropy, Misdreavus and Johnny. Misdreavus and Johnny have barely posted at all, however through Skype and the DCC we can easily determine that other things have been the cause for this. So I don't think we can use that as evidence to lynch them.

Lycan on the other hand, has posted a bit. However I cannot remember the last time I saw him post something that actually contributed to finding the idealists in any way. This is a tactic often employed by mafia factions so that they appear active but in fact are doing nothing to hinder their cause. I often employ similar tricks of the trade as a mafia myself.

Sopheria and Aiden feel a bit odd to me also, but honestly I have less than nothing to go on with them. So I'm just going to jump right in today because I want the queue to move along.

[Arrest] Lycanthropy he seems the most suss to me right now, but should someone who looks more like an idealist appear I'll gladly switch my vote.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Lycan on the other hand, has posted a bit. However I cannot remember the last time I saw him post something that actually contributed to finding the idealists in any way. This is a tactic often employed by mafia factions so that they appear active but in fact are doing nothing to hinder their cause. I often employ similar tricks of the trade as a mafia myself.

I don't think I am able to deny that, but I can say I'm not one of the idealists. The voting often seemed pretty clear based on conclusions made by others.
    Anyway, there's some information I have and I think this is a good moment to reveal it: Ninja Aiden and gimmepie are idealists.

So yeah: [ARREST] gimmepie

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    So I'm guessing the Idealists can't inspect for roles anymore? That would explain why they couldn't kill anyone last night. With that, on top of the fact that L knows the identity of two idealists, I feel like we're in good shape. I'm going to have to go back through everything later though and see what I can find.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Any explanation there?

You might remember this:
    Day 4 post said:
    Across town, a citizen of "Justice" was rifling through a drawer. The results were . . . normal. The man didn't seem to have an opinion about the case, one way or the other.

And by morning, this gossip would reach L.

That person mentioned there was me. My role is a worse version of the cop, but good enough to find out that GP and Aiden are two of the idealists.

Years
    Yes there's nothing suspicious about that right after I vote for you. You couldn't deny what I said so now you're pointing fingers. I'm pretty confident that you're not the gossip, you're either an innocent who really doesn't want to die or an idealist that really doesn't want to die and you've been acting pretty damn suspicious.

Years
    Are you joking? Everyone always trusts the more suspicious person over me -_-

He's literally only claiming this in retaliation because I voted for him. Don't you think it's just a bit suss that he claimed this immediately after I explained why he should be lynched and voted for him?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Are you joking? Everyone always trusts the more suspicious person over me -_-

He's literally only claiming this in retaliation because I voted for him. Don't you think it's just a bit suss that he claimed this immediately after I explained why he should be lynched and voted for him?

Idk, trying to pin it on someone who's 'inactive' seems like a mafia tactic - if it came back negative then you'd just say it was a guess. Your idea has no real evidence behind it.

Meanwhile, Lycan has provided two names - if we test one, we'll know about the other. Then it'll confirm/deny his position as well. win-win-win.

PLUS this means no innocent has to RR. ^__^

Years
    Idk, trying to pin it on someone who's 'inactive' seems like a mafia tactic - if it came back negative then you'd just say it was a guess. Your idea has no real evidence behind it.

Meanwhile, Lycan has provided two names - if we test one, we'll know about the other. Then it'll confirm/deny his position as well. win-win-win.

PLUS this means no innocent has to RR. ^__^

I'm not saying Lycan has been inactive. He's not been inactive at all.
    He's been coming in here and either just voting or making posts that don't contribute anything at all for basically the whole game. Which is how mafia play a lot of the time.

I would suggest that the two names he has provided are people that the mafia suspect have roles of use. I am positive that Lycan is a maf who is trying to save his own skin one more night and take out a potential threat whilst he does so. I am POSITIVE that Lycan is not the gossip.

But w/e lynch me. Either way Lycan will be proven an idealist. Honestly I'm getting a little bit sick of always being suspected or killed for absolutely no reason.

Ullion

Years
    I would suggest that the two names he has provided are people that the mafia suspect have roles of use.

Are you trying to softly claim that you have a role, or just saying you feel as if the mafia suspect you to have a role?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    That explains why Nagi was acting a tad off I guess, my bad!

Anyway, I have gone back over previous pages and I've re-evaluated my suspicions quite a lot. Right now I most want to point out that we have some players who have contributed very little.

The ones that really jump out to me are Lycanthropy, Misdreavus and Johnny. Misdreavus and Johnny have barely posted at all, however through Skype and the DCC we can easily determine that other things have been the cause for this. So I don't think we can use that as evidence to lynch them.

Sopheria and Aiden feel a bit odd to me also, but honestly I have less than nothing to go on with them. So I'm just going to jump right in today because I want the queue to move along.

[Arrest] Lycanthropy he seems the most suss to me right now, but should someone who looks more like an idealist appear I'll gladly switch my vote.

Guys, I'm honestly more inclined to agree with gimmepie here. While the posting-without-saying-anything theory is a little shaky, it is a common mafia tactic. Look back through any past games and you can see that. That alone normally wouldn't be enough for me to suspect Lycan, but the fact that he countered with the names of two supposed Idealists, one of which happened to be his accuser, one gimmepie, strikes me as all kinds of suss.

Sorry Lycan, but I have to :c

[Arrest] Lycanthropy

Nimsy

Jackal The Ripper
    Years
    I received some gossip that said arachnidsGrip is an Idealist, it may be false but it's worth a try.
    [ARREST] arachnidsGrip

Back