• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Debate: Anime Toxicroak

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, Swellow nor Magneton sparkled upon being sent out.
    So you can still assume it shiny.

Good Point...but now I do not know what is what...lol...but it would be nice to see the link of the new japanese opener so we can see the shiny toxicroak? and that is rigth during the day Saturn's Toxicroak was the same blue as the shiny...interesting, may I say so myself...

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Look, there was another Toxicroak which appeared, and it was the same colour as Saturn's. Anime colouration doesn't exactly conform to Sugimori art colouring. >>

Gligar's just one example. In fact, Gligar's colouring is the most famous example of varied colouring. From what I know, it's been coloured differently at least in three media.

Years
  • but it would be nice to see the link of the new japanese opener so we can see the shiny toxicroak?

That point's irrelevant, given that I've already shown that every Pokémon has the same 'sparkle'. If you insist, however, here's the link to the first part of DP108. It has a better quality than the videos showing the opening (starts at ~1:39). You'll see before then, however, that Dohmirror and Hikozaru have the same sparkle when they appear (though it is clearer on my original link, wherein Glion is shown with the supposed 'sparkle).

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hey it does sparkle and the otehr pokemon do have a little sparkle as well...and may I add this too, the Japan Opening is really long...lol

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • The sparkle effect has been used very prevalently during the course of the D/P series. Now, it happens every time a Pokémon is sent out of their Poké Ball, so making the sparkle argument moot. I know Satoshi's Yorunozuku (Ash's Noctowl) had that sparkle effect as well, but that was way back in Johto. Times have changed.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The sparkle effect has been used very prevalently during the course of the D/P series. Now, it happens every time a Pokémon is sent out of their Poké Ball, so making the sparkle argument moot. I know Satoshi's Yorunozuku (Ash's Noctowl) had that sparkle effect as well, but that was way back in Johto. Times have changed.

You make a very good point...but maybe this might just remain a mystery to us...am I right?

Years
  • The sparkle effect has been used very prevalently during the course of the D/P series. Now, it happens every time a Pokémon is sent out of their Poké Ball, so making the sparkle argument moot. I know Satoshi's Yorunozuku (Ash's Noctowl) had that sparkle effect as well, but that was way back in Johto. Times have changed.
    Now, there is no shiny sparkle.
    Jackson's Magneton never sparkled.
    Winona's Swellow never sparkled.
    So...
    TIS SHINY.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • ...Your argument is poor. Shiny Pokémon have that sparkle effect in the games to distinguish themselves even more (and exaggerate their rarity; although in earlier games they were rare indeed), but there is absolutely no way two Shiny Toxicroak could have appeared. As far as my knowledge goes, no two shinies of any Pokémon have been spotted.

Seriously, get over the fact that anime colouring of Pokémon don't have to exactly conform specifically to the colours used in the games or Sugimori art. Therefore the Toxicroaks we've seen so far, they are normal-coloured.

Years
  • Now, there is no shiny sparkle.
    Jackson's Magneton never sparkled.
    Winona's Swellow never sparkled.
    So...
    TIS SHINY.

How about showing us evidence supporting your conclusion (as opposed to evidence rubbishing others' conclusions) that doesn't amount to 'it's a different colour to the official sprite'? Discrepancies in colour can be seen in many other Pokémon.

Years
  • ...Your argument is poor. Shiny Pokémon have that sparkle effect in the games to distinguish themselves even more (and exaggerate their rarity; although in earlier games they were rare indeed), but there is absolutely no way two Shiny Toxicroak could have appeared. As far as my knowledge goes, no two shinies of any Pokémon have been spotted.

Seriously, get over the fact that anime colouring of Pokémon don't have to exactly conform specifically to the colours used in the games or Sugimori art. Therefore the Toxicroaks we've seen so far, they are normal-coloured.
    Just because a first happens doesn't mean that it can't be true.
    YOUR argument is poor.
    There have been 2 green Toxicroaks, and a blue one in Movie 11.

EDIT: My god. If there isn't a shiny sparkle and someone is arguing that there should be if it WAS shiny, then it is a pointless argument. The only shiny sparkles truly seen was Ash's Noctowl. All others just came out without a sparkle.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Just because a first happens doesn't mean that it can't be true.
    YOUR argument is poor.
    There have been 2 green Toxicroaks, and a blue one in Movie 11.

EDIT: My god. If there isn't a shiny sparkle and someone is arguing that there should be if it WAS shiny, then it is a pointless argument. The only shiny sparkles truly seen was Ash's Noctowl. All others just came out without a sparkle.
    Look, if you can't back up your statements when others have done so (I myself stated a couple of solid pieces of evidence from the anime to back me up), then it's your argument which falls apart and fails. If multiple Toxicroak have appeared and they're coloured the same, it means that the animators have already decided it to be Toxicroak's regular colouring. If I go by your reasoning, then every Gligar we have seen is shiny, because they're all coloured pink. And every Steelix we have seen are shiny, just because they're coloured differently from the Sugimori art and games.

And no, I already stated in an earlier post that the sparkle argument was moot. Every Pokémon has that sparkle effect when they are released from their Poké Balls now.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would like to see moe evidenct....to preove ur argument, facts are needed!

Years
  • Look, if you can't back up your statements when others have done so (I myself stated a couple of solid pieces of evidence from the anime to back me up), then it's your argument which falls apart and fails. If multiple Toxicroak have appeared and they're coloured the same, it means that the animators have already decided it to be Toxicroak's regular colouring. If I go by your reasoning, then every Gligar we have seen is shiny, because they're all coloured pink. And every Steelix we have seen are shiny, just because they're coloured differently from the Sugimori art and games.

And no, I already stated in an earlier post that the sparkle argument was moot. Every Pokémon has that sparkle effect when they are released from their Poké Balls now.
    Yes, and you mentioned Ash's Noctowl sparkling, correct?
    Ash's Noctowl is the only shiny to have that sparkle ring around it in the anime.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Actually now in the newer series when all the pokemon come out of there pokeballs they have a little sparkle effect...that is true...
    and the green registeel and darker blue toxicroak u say in movie 11 in the begining is from the color scheme they put up...

Years
  • Actually now in the newer series when all the pokemon come out of there pokeballs they have a little sparkle effect...that is true...
    and the green registeel and darker blue toxicroak u say in movie 11 in the begining is from the color scheme they put up...
    Oh my god, nobody even bothered reading the post I made about that.
    I SAID I ONLY SUSPECTED REGISTEEL.
    Not know for a fact.
    But it was not just the color scheme affecting Toxicroak, that was definitely a blue one.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I do not know what to think anymore actually...and I do not want this debate to turn into an argument...so I'll just leave my mind saying it may or may not be a shiny and leave it as that...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh my god, nobody even bothered reading the post I made about that.
    I SAID I ONLY SUSPECTED REGISTEEL.
    Not know for a fact.
    But it was not just the color scheme affecting Toxicroak, that was definitely a blue one.

Mence, please watch the caps. I suffer enough just watching a flame war spurt out.

First of all, the Color Scheme of Movie 11 beginning for a fact affected Registeel because of its Reflective effect. However, it could not have affected Toxicroak because...surely, any monkey can tell Light Green and Dark Red don't make blue :/.

Last edited:
    Back