• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[|December Daily Chit-Chat|]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    =P

It is true my internet connection is strange though. I'm always using some unsecured, wireless connection shared by 5 or more people. For this current connection, I have to keep switching IP addresses until one works - everytime I disconnect for a while. x_x
    How often do you disconnect? I remember I used to have to do the same thing for months on end and I would get disconnected every few hours, was a real pain to work with. One day though, it just randomly started working.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    How often do you disconnect? I remember I used to have to do the same thing for months on end and I would get disconnected every few hours, was a real pain to work with. One day though, it just randomly started working.
    I have an unreliable laptop too, so: 1) Whenever my latop hibernates, shuts down, or stands by. Which happens unpredictably. 2) Whenever somebody goes downstairs and resets the connection. This happens all the time.

I don't suffer as many connection resets anymore because the heavy downloaders have moved away, but yeah. XD

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I don't used to have laptops but My sister will be buying a laptop.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I'm suppose to be getting a laptop early next year. It'll be really helpful when I got to do my A levels in September. My laptop at the moment is pretty crap, I don't use it much as it takes ages to fully load up. And then when I've finally got it online it lags like anything. <<;

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I was anticipating a new laptop myself over Christmas, but I may change my mind and save my dad's money instead. We're buying an apartment in Ottawa next month. XP

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I really wanted a laptop for christmas but i dont mind geting a DS so i can get Diamond or Pearl when i get some money.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I was anticipating a new laptop myself over Christmas, but I may change my mind and save my dad's money instead. We're buying an apartment in Ottawa next month. XP
    I'd have loved one for Christmas but my mum doesn't have the right money at the moment. When she gets her bonus on the 27th of December we'll go and chose one as a late Christmas present for me.

Years
    VIAOs are expensive. :x Or at least here in the US. The ones I've seen have been close to $1000... or maybe it was more? They must be good. D:

I want a laptop, but I'll have to buy my own. I'll probably end up buying a cheap one with Christmas+Graduation money. ^^;; We'll see though.

And Matt, when you get your laptop, you're going to have to tell me how awesome it is. ;o;

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    VIAOs are expensive. :x Or at least here in the US. The ones I've seen have been close to $1000... or maybe it was more? They must be good. D:

I want a laptop, but I'll have to buy my own. I'll probably end up buying a cheap one with Christmas+Graduation money. ^^;; We'll see though.

And Matt, when you get your laptop, you're going to have to tell me how awesome it is. ;o;

$1000 for a laptop isn't that much really, in England anyway. For a good laptop over here you're looking at paying the equivalent of about $1400. That's how much mine cost when I bought it last year.

Years
    In the US, I can find cheaper than $1000 though... quite a bit in the store I shop at have laptops under that.

I heard you can get some even under $600, which is crazy, I think. XD Probably not state-of-the-art compared to the more expensive ones... but for me, I'll take almost anything better than my desktop >:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    A laptop for that kind of price over here would've probably had to have been used by Jesus..XD

Then again, the UK does get extremely ripped off compared to America. XD

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years

Well this cheap one was $919.14... so yeah, quite expensive. But that for a really small memory and stuff. If I get that one I'll go for the bit bigger one.

And don't worry, I will tell you how awesome it is. XD

Years
    A laptop for that kind of price over here would've probably had to have been used by Jesus..XD

Then again, the UK does get extremely ripped off compared to America. XD

Why? Taxes? :/

Speaking of ripped off... It reminds me of the UK PS3 petition I saw.The UK price *was* crazy compared to everyone else. o.o

Well this cheap one was $919.14... so yeah, quite expensive. But that for a really small memory and stuff. If I get that one I'll go for the bit bigger one.

And don't worry, I will tell you how awesome it is. XD

Do you have any information on it with you? I'd like to know. *curious*

Yay~! ^^♥

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Why? Taxes? :/

Speaking of ripped off... It reminds me of the UK PS3 petition I saw.The UK price *was* crazy compared to everyone else. o.o

Yep, taxes.Maggie Thatcher majorly raised taxes on anything we buy so we pay over the odds for everything, like the PS3. Same with the Wii. Over here, the Wii works out at $353 compared to the $250 for America. That's what happens when a woman runs the country..XD

Years
    Yep, taxes.Maggie Thatcher majorly raised taxes on anything we buy so we pay over the odds for everything, like the PS3. Same with the Wii. Over here, the Wii works out at $353 compared to the $250 for America. That's what happens when a woman runs the country..XD

Wow... that's over $100 more x_X Crazy stuff.

But what does the tax money go to? If it's for good causes, then maybe I could understand it being so high... but it's still crazy. :x

The largest tax I've seen is 7.2% back in the town we lived in. I guess some people found that high. o_O

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    It all goes to the government, I believe. Then they use that money for funding whatever they need. But it's quite a well known known fact that our government wastes money like no man's business and if they were more efficient in how they spent our money, taxes could be significantly lower.

Likewise, about 25-30% of our wages get taxed as well. That rises to 40% for people earning over £35,000 a year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back