• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
If it smells like ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, looks like ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, well ♥♥♥♥ it it's probably ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!

If it smells like hearts, looks like hearts, well hearts it's probably hearts?

In other news: this doesn't seem very believable.

Years
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ my quote above was. Why the hell would I ever give up on computers?

Happy April Fools' Day y'all!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Living without computers? Psh, yeah, right. Good luck with that, haha. Also, happy April Fools Day!

Years
Honestly, with all of the promotion of social media and whatnot on television, it'd be difficult to escape the digital world these days.

Years
It's sad that #hashtags are appearing in printed advertisements everywhere these days. I haven't done so in a while, but I used to cringe whenever I saw a hashtag on a billboard sign, or even an event flyer at school.

Years
pffff I never use hashtags, even on twitter. It's something I'll just never get into.

And living without a computer?! No way! Impossible. :D; I'm too into my "online life" to think of taking a break even for a week. :(

Years
So for some odd reason, I apparently had some Windows updates installed overnight on my desktop (because my screen was at the login when I woke up this morning), but they don't show up in my Updates log at all, other than some Security Essentials things. Weird. Did Microsoft send out a major update or something?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm getting fed up with all the Wi-Fi disconnections and timeouts this week. Something's failing within the laptop, and it's gonna be expensive just to repair everything that's wrong with this laptop.

Shopping time? ;-;

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Perhaps, Twiggy -- go for it. ;) I finally upgraded again to 8.1 and I was STILL plagued by "limited connectivity"! I wanted 8.1 so bad that I finally figured out a way to fix it :P It was Microsoft's damned driver.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-8.1-wireless-networking-ipconfig,25555.html

♥ Thanks Tom's Hardware for once again being awesome. I downloaded the driver from Intel and now it works flawlessly.

Years
I have yet to experience the wifi connectivity issue on my laptop, which runs Windows 8.1.. I guess the manufacturer of my wifi device just managed to fix the problem before I got the laptop.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Say, whenever you turn your phone on, do you guys ever get the message that your SD card is damaged? I did earlier today, but it fixed itself once I restarted my device. Not really sure what caused it in the first place, though. d:

Years
What kind of phone do you have Ashley? I've never seen the message myself, but that's because I don't have an SD card for my phone yet.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
So I tried to make a basic retail website for my little project and uh, it failed. Massively. Apparently I don't know how to list things attractively so that it doesn't look like:
A) a forum post
B) clutter
C) a mismatch

Alas, I'm a dummy.

I'm more than a bit irritated right now because my cousin decided to lecture me about not using technology to my own advantage and that I should use a free website program to create my website. WELL! Unfortunately I'm at the (website looks like forum post) stage and if my cuz was standing nearby, I'd give him a mighty kick.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I'm going to take this laptop out to be repaired... I'm hoping to be able to do it today, and collect it sometime next week.

My phone is spending a long time migrating data to a newer version of Windows Phone. Still not 8.1 yet. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What kind of phone do you have Ashley? I've never seen the message myself, but that's because I don't have an SD card for my phone yet.

It's an Android, haha. The phone's been extremely slow lately, so maybe it's got something to do with its speed?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
If all else fails, factory reset. If there's no hardware issue, the phone should behave as if it was new.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Don't you hate it when you have a processor that can't handle opening Photoshop, running VLC with audio, and running Firefox with < 10 tabs open without freezing for 15 minute intervals, and it's socket family are all soldered to the mobo?

Yesterday after getting uber frustrated I decided to put together a $260 budget build to get me out of this pickle that doesn't include the processor, considering my aunt has supposedly bought an Intel Core i3-4330 @ 3.5GHz and is mailing it to me. My mother always wants to postpone it indefinitely (and it looks like it won't be happening for a while), but I find this to be of importance, considering our eMachines doesn't have a WNIC and the Netgear USB stick is shot from being yanked out (which was her doing), making my laptop is the only functional computer with internet.

Oh, and did I mention she owes me $260? It's not like it's her money I'm spending, but she had a speeding ticket and needs smokes and just needed my $260 in cash out of the lockbox for that. D:<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back