• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I don't know why you'd want such a thing, unless you're cool with the 4GB limit on RAM. The only benefit I ever saw with the 32-bit operating system line was the 16-bit backwards compatibility.

By the way, if x64 is 64-bit, x86 is 32-bit, what is 16-bit? :<

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
In this case, x86 is very non-specific.

I don't have my laptop right now.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
In this case, x86 is very non-specific.

I don't have my laptop right now.
Noo. D: Why not?

Gah I'm having issues with my audio. Every time, ok mostly every time I plug my headphones in or out it stops my audio, sometimes video. The only fix is too restart my computer, this is my 4th time in 5 hours. Highly annoying.

Years
Gah I'm having issues with my audio. Every time, ok mostly every time I plug my headphones in or out it stops my audio, sometimes video. The only fix is too restart my computer, this is my 4th time in 5 hours. Highly annoying.
Perhaps you might want to try uninstalling your audio drivers, and then reinstall them and then make sure they're up to date.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I remember getting audio to work on XP SP3 Integrated was such a hassle, and I don't even remember what I did but somehow I got it to work. Ironically I finally got it working but I had the audio disabled and kept trying to troubleshoot a problem that didn't need fixing. :p

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Perhaps you might want to try uninstalling your audio drivers, and then reinstall them and then make sure they're up to date.
How shall I do that? I read something about Safe mode, I'm not good with stuff. I also downloaded something called Driver Detective that I found while trying to search your suggestion up. Apparently it said I had 17 out-of-date drivers, but none seemed to be audio related.

Years
How shall I do that? I read something about Safe mode, I'm not good with stuff. I also downloaded something called Driver Detective that I found while trying to search your suggestion up. Apparently it said I had 17 out-of-date drivers, but none seemed to be audio related.
This is probably something that you could do either in safe mode or not, but just open devmgmt.msc (Device Manager), and uninstall your audio driver. Then right click and select "Scan for hardware changes"

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I actually like how Start search works starting from Vista. Open the Start menu or screen, and just type. Even incomplete searches will find you something. Usually, if there's a highlighted option, hit Enter, and you'll open what's highlighted or perform it if it's not an app.

(Device Manager is much easier to remember than some file name.)

Years
When I was a primary Windows Vista user, I always used the classical start menu, so I had to run a lot of my tasks through Run.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The Start search also works as the Run search - anything that worked with Run will work with Start search, too. :)

I'm still waiting for the repair quote for my laptop.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The context menu for Wi-Fi networks comes back in 8.1 after the update, too. Makes me wonder what happened with the original release of 8.1.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Ooo reminds me, I should be doing the same. If this Windows 8.1 update doesn't go too well, then I guess a physical copy it is.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I've been thinking of getting this gaming laptop after weighing other similar options from other brands and built-to-order vendors.

Quad-core fourth-generation Intel Core i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 M with 2 GB of GDDR5 memory, backlit keyboard, DVD drive, 1 TB storage (that I'm going to replace ASAP with leftover SSHD), 1920x1080 15.6" IPS anti-glare display, 4+ hour battery life unplugged, and, best of all, I actually also need a new backpack and a headset (freebies never hurt). (The wired mouse will make for a nice backup.) Two-year standard international warranty is in the cards, and so is a free subwoofer.

It feels like I'm getting so many things that I'm willing to accept that it doesn't come with a 860 M.

Years
You're absolutely right, and I really hope all websites around the web know about this. I updated my IRC server yesterday which includes the newest build of OpenSSL.

I'm currently downloading this month's updates. Wish me luck!

Ooo reminds me, I should be doing the same. If this Windows 8.1 update doesn't go too well, then I guess a physical copy it is.
That reminds me, but yesterday for me, downloading the update stalled for a time. I eventually managed to get it done though, and I seem to like the idea of Metro apps in the taskbar now. Too bad you can't run them in windowed yet though.

I've been thinking of getting this gaming laptop after weighing other similar options from other brands and built-to-order vendors.

Quad-core fourth-generation Intel Core i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 M with 2 GB of GDDR5 memory, backlit keyboard, DVD drive, 1 TB storage (that I'm going to replace ASAP with leftover SSHD), 1920x1080 15.6" IPS anti-glare display, 4+ hour battery life unplugged, and, best of all, I actually also need a new backpack and a headset (freebies never hurt). (The wired mouse will make for a nice backup.) Two-year standard international warranty is in the cards, and so is a free subwoofer.

It feels like I'm getting so many things that I'm willing to accept that it doesn't come with a 860 M.
That looks like a pretty good laptop. And with the situation of your previous laptop, it's definitely time to get one.

Also, hey, you can't have one of me! :P

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
That looks like a pretty good laptop. And with the situation of your previous laptop, it's definitely time to get one.

Also, hey, you can't have one of me! :P

It sure does seem like it's my dream laptop. :D

I have two of you, silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back