• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I really want to know how to hack but knowone wants to tell me how.I want to make my own Rom hack.Please someone help me.And I love pokemon DP

We've explained how to hack dp over and over in this thread, I haven't made everything I know public because I want the community to learn to do stuff on their own.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I really want to know how to hack but knowone wants to tell me how.I want to make my own Rom hack.Please someone help me.And I love pokemon DP
    Learning to hack, on any level, takes a long time. Its not something that you can learn over night. If you would like to begin learning how to hack Pokemon, please go here:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

If you would like to hack Diamond and Pearl you can read this entire thread or do some research.

A whole lot of stuff has been discovered for hacking Diamond and Pearl, but people have made threats and constantly showed disrespect to the point a lot of developers do not see the point in creating things to help these people. Please, be patient with those that are working on this. Greatness takes time. The DS, along with Diamond and Pearl, are the final frontier and its going to take a while before everything is perfect like GBA hacking. If you give the developers time and encouragement things will go a lot more smoothly.

Years
  • Learning to hack, on any level, takes a long time. Its not something that you can learn over night. If you would like to begin learning how to hack Pokemon, please go here:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

If you would like to hack Diamond and Pearl you can read this entire thread or do some research.

A whole lot of stuff has been discovered for hacking Diamond and Pearl, but people have made threats and constantly showed disrespect to the point a lot of developers do not see the point in creating things to help these people. Please, be patient with those that are working on this. Greatness takes time. The DS, along with Diamond and Pearl, are the final frontier and its going to take a while before everything is perfect like GBA hacking. If you give the developers time and encouragement things will go a lot more smoothly.

I can fully hack diamond and pearl, it's possible and only took me a few months. For you hackers out there who want to hack dp, just get an nds rom decompresser and a hex editor.

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    When DP hacking is fully mastered, then I can get D/P tilesets.
    DP is even harder than other games because it's 3D and higher encryption

SkH

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    Is there any new info on the new GUI PokéText? It's been a while...

Years
  • When DP hacking is fully mastered, then I can get D/P tilesets.
    DP is even harder than other games because it's 3D and higher encryption

No crap? I never noticed. Don't make retarded post about how hard it is and what you'll do when it's mastered, go and master it! nobody's gonna do it for you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    Is there any new info on the new GUI PokéText?
    nothing new there. i am not really happy with that since it's not quite as fleximle as i want it to be. console version is in a good shape though

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    I can fully hack diamond and pearl, it's possible and only took me a few months. For you hackers out there who want to hack dp, just get an nds rom decompresser and a hex editor.

Which is why there is only a changing dimensions tutorial huh? Just so you know most games made with nintendo's tools use a file system... Do you even know anything about the ds system, its header, how it works, its assembly? If you don't then you cannot even come close to saying you can hack dp to the full. Last time I checked just cause you could change a few hex bytes doesn't mean your the "master". You act so high of yourself yet you haven't actually done much, but you expect so much attention and fame, its probably why your hacking anyway's.

Years
  • Which is why there is only a changing dimensions tutorial huh? Just so you know most games made with nintendo's tools use a file system... Do you even know anything about the ds system, its header, how it works, its assembly? If you don't then you cannot even come close to saying you can hack dp to the full. Last time I checked just cause you could change a few hex bytes doesn't mean your the "master". You act so high of yourself yet you haven't actually done much, but you expect so much attention and fame, its probably why your hacking anyway's.

I don't want fame, and if your going to attack me then give me an actual reason. Do your own research. I'm sorry that I haven't written a tutorial on everything, but I gave you offsets and for some mapping stuff and almost apparently everyone is too lazy to do their own research. I don't work for you.

Squeenix

Meow
    Years
  • Which is why there is only a changing dimensions tutorial huh? Just so you know most games made with nintendo's tools use a file system... Do you even know anything about the ds system, its header, how it works, its assembly? If you don't then you cannot even come close to saying you can hack dp to the full. Last time I checked just cause you could change a few hex bytes doesn't mean your the "master". You act so high of yourself yet you haven't actually done much, but you expect so much attention and fame, its probably why your hacking anyway's.

Just give him time, you yourself probably isn't a master and don't even know how to decompress the ROM. Every game uses a file system too, yes nintendo had to program it than pack it into an NDS rom. We do not need to know anything about the ds system, we're not like decompiling its firmware or something except how it accesses the data and do you even know how a header works? A header is just the name of the NDS file inside the game like "Pokemon Diamond" "Made by Nintendo" your just stupid and trying to act smart, and he did not just change a few hex bytes, he probably does tens to hundreds of hours of research to het you hacking tools you don't deserve. He doesn't think himself as the "god of hacking" either. And he doesn't expect fame like people taking credits for other's work, he's not saying ALL THE TOOLS WERE MADE BY ME

Years
  • Just give him time, you yourself probably isn't a master and don't even know how to decompress the ROM. Every game uses a file system too, yes nintendo had to program it than pack it into an NDS rom. We do not need to know anything about the ds system, we're not like decompiling its firmware or something except how it accesses the data and do you even know how a header works? A header is just the name of the NDS file inside the game like "Pokemon Diamond" "Made by Nintendo" your just stupid and trying to act smart, and he did not just change a few hex bytes, he probably does tens to hundreds of hours of research to het you hacking tools you don't deserve. He doesn't think himself as the "god of hacking" either. And he doesn't expect fame like people taking credits for other's work, he's not saying ALL THE TOOLS WERE MADE BY ME

Thank you :D. And GBChacker, I do know about how the DS system works, and hacking is changing bytes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    Just give him time, you yourself probably isn't a master and don't even know how to decompress the ROM. Every game uses a file system too, yes nintendo had to program it than pack it into an NDS rom. We do not need to know anything about the ds system, we're not like decompiling its firmware or something except how it accesses the data and do you even know how a header works? A header is just the name of the NDS file inside the game like "Pokemon Diamond" "Made by Nintendo" your just stupid and trying to act smart, and he did not just change a few hex bytes, he probably does tens to hundreds of hours of research to het you hacking tools you don't deserve. He doesn't think himself as the "god of hacking" either. And he doesn't expect fame like people taking credits for other's work, he's not saying ALL THE TOOLS WERE MADE BY ME

You can't take criticism can you? Well then I'll have to bite back! I know a lot about the ds, but not everything. I can see you don't know how the header works. And no its much more than just a little logo. No not every game uses a file system genius. Your post might have meant something if you knew what you were talking about... If you want to hack its systems then yes you do need to know asm.
    000h 12 Game Title (Uppercase ASCII, padded with 00h)
    00Ch 4 Gamecode (Uppercase ASCII, NTR-<code>) (0=homebrew)
    010h 2 Makercode (Uppercase ASCII, eg. "01"=Nintendo) (0=homebrew)
    012h 1 Unitcode (00h=Nintendo DS)
    013h 1 Encryption Seed Select (00..07h, usually 00h)
    014h 1 Devicecapacity (Chipsize = 128KB SHL nn) (eg. 7 = 16MB)
    015h 9 Reserved (zero filled)
    01Eh 1 ROM Version (usually 00h)
    01Fh 1 Autostart (Bit2: Skip "Press Button" after Health and Safety)
    (Also skips bootmenu, even in Manual mode & even Start pressed)
    020h 4 ARM9 rom_offset (4000h and up, align 1000h)
    024h 4 ARM9 entry_address (2000000h..23BFE00h)
    028h 4 ARM9 ram_address (2000000h..23BFE00h)
    02Ch 4 ARM9 size (max 3BFE00h) (3839.5KB)
    030h 4 ARM7 rom_offset (8000h and up)
    034h 4 ARM7 entry_address (2000000h..23BFE00h, or 37F8000h..3807E00h)
    038h 4 ARM7 ram_address (2000000h..23BFE00h, or 37F8000h..3807E00h)
    03Ch 4 ARM7 size (max 3BFE00h, or FE00h) (3839.5KB, 63.5KB)
    040h 4 File Name Table (FNT) offset
    044h 4 File Name Table (FNT) size
    048h 4 File Allocation Table (FAT) offset
    04Ch 4 File Allocation Table (FAT) size
    050h 4 File ARM9 overlay_offset
    054h 4 File ARM9 overlay_size
    058h 4 File ARM7 overlay_offset
    05Ch 4 File ARM7 overlay_size
    060h 4 Port 40001A4h setting for normal commands (usually 00586000h)
    064h 4 Port 40001A4h setting for KEY1 commands (usually 001808F8h)
    068h 4 Icon_title_offset (0=None) (8000h and up)
    06Ch 2 Secure Area Checksum, CRC-16 of [ [20h]..7FFFh]
    06Eh 2 Secure Area Loading Timeout (usually 051Eh)
    070h 4 ARM9 Auto Load List RAM Address (?)
    074h 4 ARM7 Auto Load List RAM Address (?)
    078h 8 Secure Area Disable (by encrypted "NmMdOnly") (usually zero)
    080h 4 Total Used ROM size (remaining/unused bytes usually FFh-padded)
    084h 4 ROM Header Size (4000h)
    088h 38h Reserved (zero filled)
    0C0h 9Ch Nintendo Logo (compressed bitmap, same as in GBA Headers)
    15Ch 2 Nintendo Logo Checksum, CRC-16 of [0C0h-15Bh], fixed CF56h
    15Eh 2 Header Checksum, CRC-16 of [000h-15Dh]
    160h 4 Debug rom_offset (0=none) (8000h and up) ;only if debug
    164h 4 Debug size (0=none) (max 3BFE00h) ;version with
    168h 4 Debug ram_address (0=none) (2400000h..27BFE00h) ;SIO and 8MB
    16Ch 4 Reserved (zero filled) (transferred, and stored, but not used)
    170h 90h Reserved (zero filled) (transferred, but not stored in RAM)
    Yes that is totally just the words nintendo... Just so you know... I didn't write this, I'm merely quoting this to show that its more than just a name. As it is for every system. Please watch your words. Do not say things you don't know about.

@Gabe_K: Can you decompile how the game reads the nds clock? Can you change palettes with arm 9? Can you give me an overview of the system and its locations? Which is why your roms crash huh? If you do not know what your doing even changing one bit could crash your rom. Even if you know and or rip stuff, unless you know how to use the information in hacking its useless to you. Its perfectly fine if you can't. I don't expect you to. You said you hack dp to the full and I don't believe that. You didn't have to get so offended and flame me in my profile. Since you did I'm pretty sure you don't know and you were offended because it was the truth...

Years
  • If I'm wrong then would you mind explaining to me why the stuff I've found works? Ok, you may know a good deal about ds hacking, but is the fact that I've only released one tutorial a reason to insult me?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    Sure. It was not an insult, but criticism. I said I did not believe that you could hack dp to the full. And I asked if you knew all about the ds and its asm. That is not an insult, but you took offense to it which makes me believe that you don't. What you did with the maps was editing them in bmd format. LoadingNow gave me a link to a viewer, but I lost the link. Ask him yourself. As for the mart, well you edited the script. Most of the stuff has been the same since gold or red.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The maps I suppose you mean? Its because you edited where the dimensions were stored. The textures? You changed the name and the game assigns that texture to it. You've edited the placement of the polygons by changing its location bytes. The mart? Because you edited it's script. I haven't seen too much from you. Most of the stuff was the same since like gold or red. Like the pokedex and moves. Also... What you found has nothing to do with what I asked...

I kinda assumed you were a noob who was basically asking if I knew what a narc was :/ The mart was just replacing it's model with another model. I have found more then that, but I don't know a lot about the other stuff. I edit it, it works, I go from there, I don't really do any research on ds stuff past a bit on bmd.

EDIT: I cannot hack everything in diamond and pearl, but I do know a good deal. I have a bmd viewer, but it never works to display maps.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back