• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bendak

I suck at pogeymanz
Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2022
    To the person above me, Wonder Guard is an ability only Shedinja can get. It makes it so only super effective attacks can harm the pokemon, however it doesnt block damage from entry hazards, weather, and status. If an Empoleon had it, then it was hacked.

Can anyone tell me what exactly clefable's ability does and how it works? The Magic Guard one.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    magic guard:
    Spikes, Stealth Rock, burn, poison, Leech Seed, hail, sandstorm, Nightmare, Bad Dreams, Jaboca Berry recoil, Rowap Berry recoil, Life Orb's 10% recoil damage, and regular recoil do no damage to this Pokémon. Struggle's recoil, however, will still damage a Magic Guard Pokémon. Note that this Pokémon can be poisoned or burned, but it will not take any damage. The physical damage drop associated with being burned still applies. Leech Seed will neither damage a Magic Guard Pokémon nor heal its enemy. Pokemon with Magic Guard cannot activate their target's Jaboca or Rowap Berry. Pain Split works normally on Magic Guard Pokemon.
    Magic Guard Pokemon still take poison damage out of battle.

Taken from smogon.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    what is the mystery gift used for? is it just for events? or does it have another use?

No events for mystery gift have been given yet.

How can a Cherubi do the move "helping hand" and he doesn't have hands?
    How can a Machamp become a female? And his/her chest is all open--lol.

Cherubi: It doesnt have to be literal, it may just help its partner.
    Machamp: Pokemon are not humans, they do not develope breasts.

EVERYTHING IS GREAT ABOUT DARKRAI!

If you train it properly, you can knock out any pokemon in 1 hit.Some attacks you might want to keep in mind:

Dark Pulse(knocks out in 1 hit)
    Dark Void(if you watched the movie, puts pokemon to sleep)
    Hypnosis(sleep)
    Nightmare(loses health while asleep)

And it also has the "Bad Dreams" abilitty. It torements pokemon while they are sleeping

A) Dark pulse is not a OHKo move
    B) Why have you suggested dark void and hypnosis? Btw dark void puts both pokes to sleep in a doubles battle.
    C)Nightmare sucks, since it is solved by a simple switch.

I also have a question, I was battling my friend on Wi-Fi this morning and his Empoleon had this thing called "Wonder Gaurd" and I couldn't make 1 sucsessful move. What does Wonder Gaurd do anyway? And how can I beat it if I can't attack it?

Person Below has got the right answer. Only shedinja can have wonderguard, all other pokes are hacked.

To the person above me, Wonder Guard is an ability only Shedinja can get. It makes it so only super effective attacks can harm the pokemon, however it doesnt block damage from entry hazards, weather, and status. If an Empoleon had it, then it was hacked.
    As an extension, fire fang is a glith that allows it to hit through wonderguard, although since the only legal poke to have it is shedinja it doesnt matter anyway.

Can anyone tell me what exactly clefable's ability does and how it works? The Magic Guard one.

What Crystal shaymin said.

PoetikaL

The Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • Is this Legit or not

I received a Mew on GTS, and I wanna know if it's legit or not.

Pokemon: Mew Lv. 50 (Japanese Name)
    OT: It's in Japanese (it's in Red lettering)
    ID No. 01000 (Is this maybe Haley?)
    In a Cherish Ball
    Lovely Place
    Apparently had a fateful encounter at LV.50
    Brave Nature
    Caught/Received on April. 10th 2008.

Plant Princess

Sky Forme
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2008
    Legit?

I sketched Judgement from someone who hacked an Arceus (aren't any Arceus right now hacked?) Is it legit to use this move in Tournaments when it only comes from a pokemon that hasn't been released yet?

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • No, it's considered hacked.
    Why on earth would they allow a hacked move, from a hacked pokemon who is the only one to know it?

Plant Princess

Sky Forme
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2008
    You can use Smeargle to sketch it, so clearly Arceus isn't only one allowed to know the move. But just wondering, it seemed like a good use for all my plates while i'm waiting for Arceus to come out.

Plant Princess

Sky Forme
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2008
    Yes, but when I saw him use judgement I thought two things, "Sweeeeeeettt!" and "Lucky thing I sketched endure!"

I thought Judgement would go with Roar of Time and Spacial Rend that my smearlge already knows. Now I just need the move Giritina has where it vanishes for a turn...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    If arceus is released before the event, then it's fine. Otherwise it will be illegal.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    alright, on the movie regigigas, is it supposed to have the classic ribbon? Most sites i have been on says it's supposed to, but i'm not sure.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • #47 is Mothim; evolve a Male Burmy. (Level 20, I believe.. and I can't remember the trainer you fight to see it) Burmy can only be obtained via the Honey trees, and only in certain locations.

#137 is Tentacruel. You can see them along the route to the Pokemon League.

that is, if you're meaning the Sinnoh Dex, and not the National one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2008
    Where do I get the super rod? (I have only had the game for about two weeks)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The super rod is found just north of the Fight Area (I think that is what it is called). There is a fisher there, and he will give it to you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back