• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Happiness in Generation IV is much the same as it is in Generation III, taking all of the new berry features of Emerald into Diamond and Pearl.
    In Eterna City, a girl in the Pokémon Center will give away a Pokétch app that shows how much the Pokémon in the player's party like the player. Maximum happiness is represented by two big hearts.
    Dr. Footstep, the sole resident of the Footstep House on Route 213, will also tell a Pokémon's happiness, albeit in a roundabout way which differs among Pokémon species. At maximum happiness, he will give the Pokémon in question a ribbon.
    Happiness is modified in the following ways:
    • Gaining a level (+2)
    • Walking 256 steps (+1)
    • Stat modifiers (+2)
    • Using Soothe Bell (+1 for each other positive event)
    • Massage in Veilstone City by girl in house nearest to Veilstone Gym (+3)
    • Massage at Ribbon Syndicate in Resort Area (+6)
    • Using Potions and healing items
    • Faint (-1)
    • Energypowder (-5)
    • Heal Powder (-5)
    • Energy Root (-10)
    • Revival Herb (-15)
    • Trading a Pokémon (reset to 70)
    • Migrating it from a GBA Game (reset to 70)
    And they evolve when the happinees is 220 so i usually just walk it it involves a lot of walking but it is all up to the trainer hope it helped

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    ^Yay!

Now I have a more definite list of happy points.

I don't believe I've ever come across one.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    How is the Personality Value of Wurple changed?

You can't, it's set as soon as you see it/hatch it. Since it is very complex to calculate (See this page for full equations), you're better off taking 5 of them into the elite 4 at a time with a high levelled poke. They should reach lvl 7 in no time, so you can get lots done in a short time. You'll hit the right Evo eventually :)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ok, then next question. How many steps does it take for an egg to appear in the daycare.

It depends on the pokemon and OT. For detailed answers I'd ask in the Q&A at the breeder's corner, they're more knowledgable on this kind of thing.

Years
    ugg....

I don't know if any one in this thred can anser my question, but here it is.

I just finished my regonal pokedex and I don't see myself finishing the national any time soon. how long did it take you?????

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    That isn't really a "help" question, but...

I still haven't completed the national, but I have caught 435.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    This might be a n00b question, but I'll ask anyway...

In a Double Battle, do all attacks that engulf more than 1 Pokemon (Razor Leaf, Discharge, Surf, Earthquake, Explosion, etc.) have their base power reduced? Or is the damage being reduced? If it's either, by how much?

Years
    what dose this mean:
    a body of rock, a body ice, a body of steel, when gathers the three pkemon the king shall apear?
    it makes no sense i dont have any idea what it means!
    please help!!!

mmmm, I think you are in the snowpoint temple.... I have not been there myself, but it's talking about the Regies...

That isn't really a "help" question, but...

I still haven't completed the national, but I have caught 435.

okay... how long did it take you???

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    This might be a n00b question, but I'll ask anyway...

In a Double Battle, do all attacks that engulf more than 1 Pokemon (Razor Leaf, Discharge, Surf, Earthquake, Explosion, etc.) have their base power reduced? Or is the damage being reduced? If it's either, by how much?

It's reduced to 75% of it's normal power.
    So a Heat Wave when targeting a single Pokémon would have a base power of 100, but if it is targeting two Pokémon then that reduces to 75. It is the same for moves that hit two or three Pokémon.

And exception is, if you attack the foes with a move that can hit them both, and the first one it hits(the faster Poké) gets KOed by the move, then the last Pokémon that gets struck will take full damage.
    This also applies to moves that hit your ally - if all other targets in play were KOed by the move, then the last that it hits will receive full damage.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    no, because they are genderless. if you put a ditto in with a bronzong, however, it will produce an egg (despite how long it takes)

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    yes a ditto and bronzong will work. if im correct, (this maybe to hatch, i dont remember) around 10000 steps? (sry if im wrong.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back