• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
  • The only Mew given away from an in-game ticket is Faraway Island Mew in Hoenn at Level 30. But because that event only occurred for Japanese versions of the game, I would say the Mew you recieved was hacked.
    Oh, I forgot to mention our games are in Japanese. So if it was only for the Japanese games, then it probably wasn't hacked.

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Hey all. Question: If you transfer a pokemon with pokerus(still spreadable) from R/S/E to D/P, will it still have Pokerus in D/P? If so, will it still be able to spread it, or will it be immune?

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    ......... :embarrass Oh. Yes, there is that...

As for your other question, yes, the chance of the Legendary being shiny resets each time you reset, so you could keep resetting until it changes color and it would (eventually) happen.

What about starters is it possible to eventually pick a shiny starter if you kept resetting just like a legendary?

EDIT:
    Also what about eggs not given by the day care if I save b4 the last step to hatch Riolu could I use the same soft reset method like legndaries?

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Yes, you could get a shiny starter (possibly).

And yes, it's possible to get a shiny from an egg. Just know that the moment you receive an egg, everything about the Pokemon is set in stone- IVs, Nature, and of course, shininess. You'll have to save before you actually receive the egg, and then walk 5000 or so steps to hatch it.

Willbey

Steel drums rock!
    Years
  • I found this weird house...

Well I was at the survival area and the i went to route 226. There was two rock climing just beside the survival area. One going up and one going to the east. I decided to climb one the one up the way, and I ended at this house on top of the survival area. There was this hiker and he kept on saying sorry. Does he say something else after you do something speical? I just wanted to find out. So is there anything that he does or says after you do a certain thing?

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Yes, you could get a shiny starter (possibly).

And yes, it's possible to get a shiny from an egg. Just know that the moment you receive an egg, everything about the Pokemon is set in stone- IVs, Nature, and of course, shininess. You'll have to save before you actually receive the egg, and then walk 5000 or so steps to hatch it.

darn i saved after recieving it and thought nothing was set in stone until it came out i guess i'll save b4 the next 1 if there is anymore....

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    What would go faster?
    is it possible to breed shinies w/o mom and/or dad being shinies?

Technically, I see breeding for your own as much faster. You may be hatching multiple eggs at the same time, rather than one. But really, it depends on luck anyways.
    And the Shininess of the parents doesn't affect the Shininess of the offspring, the baby still has that 1/8192 chance.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Technically, I see breeding for your own as much faster. You may be hatching multiple eggs at the same time, rather than one. But really, it depends on luck anyways.
    And the Shininess of the parents doesn't affect the Shininess of the offspring, the baby still has that 1/8192 chance.

I'm gonna be on a long trip from NJ to Florida by bus I'll have all the time to try for shinies on a 28hour trip.....

Only problem is I need to get my hands on a ditto and no pokeradar until after I beat E4 I only have 6 badges.....
    that and I have to evolve Riolu since babies can't make babies..... so i have to evolve him
    Did anyone hatch a female Riolu by any chance bulbapedia says it has a 12.5% chance anyone get lucky so they don't need a ditto?

Hopefully on the return trip I might be able to get one
    or maybe if theres wifi down where I go someone could trade me a dittio

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    I know who you're talking about, but I dun think he gives you anything. I guess serebii.net may know o.o

Pikazard

Team Rocket and Team magma fan
    Years
  • Stuck on pokemon diamond

well I'm stuck on the part where you have to get someone's dad from windworks valley could someone help me please!

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • well I'm stuck on the part where you have to get someone's dad from windworks valley could someone help me please!

Are you at the point where the door to the Valley Windworks is locked? Then you just need to go to Floroma Town up to the top left corner where the Garden is. You'll battle a couple of grunts and you'll get the key from them.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Level consistency... halp!

I noticed that in Diamond and Pearl, every trainer you battle has a varying level consistency. Like for instance when you get access to the TV station tower you can battle a camera crew with lv.17 Pokes, yet at the same time there are trainers not far away with Pokes lower than lv.10, sometimes only lv.7! Now this is a huge varying difference compared to the older gen games where pretty much every trainer has pokemon at a consistent level. If you know what i mean....

Now my question is, because there is such a varying degree of levels I can battle, I have no idea what level my Pokemon are meant to be at this stage. So what level should I be at now? I have just gotten my first gym badge, and I've gone to the town where the berry place is and the wind turbines are.

I have 6 Pokemon in my team at varying levels because I have had no idea how to train efficiently, it is so much hard work! Having 6 pokes in my team at this point at battling level to me feels like a lot, but having different types of Pokemon always helps. So I've kinda overloaded myself a bit here. I've been trying to train some monsters ready for battle. My Pokemon team is as follows:

Monferno lv.16, Psyduck lv.12, Starly lv.12, Abra lv.12, Shinx lv.11, Bidoof lv.9

Anybody got much of an idea of how i should organise this team?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back