• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
Years
  • Don't worry about what level you're supposed to be at. That's the game's job. If you're battling trainers and wild Pokemon and win most of the time, you're at a good level. Usually, when I play in-game, I just use the starter to sweep through everyone, and then build a competitive team after I beat the Pokemon League, but everyone does things differently. A good test for me though, if you're interested, is I know my Pokemon are strong enough if I can at least 2HKO the wild Pokemon in the grass where I'm at. If i can't, I train some more before moving on.

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
    Years
  • The more Pokemon, the lower the levels. I'd prefer to have Pokemon with levels at or above the trainers with one Pokemon. Train in the wild until the Pokemon with the most potential are at level 20, or 15 depending on where you are in the game.

Ash_Love

Arcanine / Growlithe Collector
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2008
    Eevee to Espeon Help

I rly want my little Eevee to become a Espeon.
    The person in the pkmn fanclub says hes very happy and i try to make him as happy as possible

but when i feed him a rare candy , he does not evolve , i feed him one maybe 2 times a day for experiment reasons.

My blissey evolved just fine being happy , am i doing something wrong?

thanx
    -Mallory

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
  • Ah, that sucks... It would be nice if it could learn ONE extra move depending on its type, like flamethrower if it had the Flame Plate, Leaf Storm if it had the Meadow Plate, etc.

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
  • You know how when you register someone's friend code, next to the fc, there's a little random avatar? Does anyone know how you change that, or does it just randomly generate one based on whether you're a boy or girl?

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • I think the Avatar next to your name is either a random one, or the one you pick when the guy in a Pokemon Center asks "How would you like people to see you?"

Years
  • hmm, interesting... get rid of the bidoof as soon as posible. may I sugest a chancy?? it can learn some awsome tms and if you ev train it in defence and sp. attack they are prety good. I'd say lv. 16-17 pokes would be good. those galactic in valy wind works were hard. umm, heal before you take on the boss there.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • For just beating the first gym, your Pokemon are fine. If you do carry a full team of 6 Pokemon, then they are going to be at a lower level by the time you're farther into the game. By the time you get to the E4 they might be in the low 40s, and you'll need to have them at least in the mid 40s if you want to have an easy time with the E4.

Sometimes what I do is level up a Pokemon 2 levels, then switch to another. This way everyone gets an equal amount of time and experience. But it doesn't matter that much, you can do it however you want. Pokemon is not a difficult game (unless you're in the Battle Tower or online).

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Can someone tell me the exact moveset of a 10ANNIV Lugia and 10JAHRE Lugia?

thanks

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    A quick question

When you get a shiny pokemon, does it stay shiny when it evolves?

Irene

Français? Chu!
    Years
  • Question About Trainer Card

I noticed that there's a placement on the Trainer Card that says "Score: ####". What does this mean? My score is like 4700 without having done anything but play the game. Does a high score get you something in the game? How do you increase a score? 'Am just curious... ^^;'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back