• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    hi.ummm where can i find dragonair or dratini in pearl(do i nedd to use waterfall to find em)

Yes, you do need Waterfall. If you search around the upper level of Mt. Coronet, you should eventually find a waterfall. Go up it and into another cavern and Dratini is found fishing with the Super Rod.

Matzzz

Danger!
    Years
    Does exp.share also share the Ev points gained? if so is it half of the points gained or is it all of them?

True Justice

Years
    Does exp.share also share the Ev points gained? if so is it half of the points gained or is it all of them?

Yes, EVs do get passed down. Depending on the Pokemon you defeat, your lead Pokemon and Pokemon holding EXP Share both gain the same amount of EVs gained from the defeated Pokemon. However, Extra EVs for Power Items are not included.

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023

Exp share gives both pokes the full amount of EVs, so if you beat a gyara both pokes get 2 Attack Effort Points.

Matzzz

Danger!
    Years
    Yes, EVs do get passed down. Depending on the Pokemon you defeat, your lead Pokemon and Pokemon holding EXP Share both gain the same amount of EVs gained from the defeated Pokemon. However, Extra EVs for Power Items are not included.

i am guessing that also includes pokerus? and thanks :D

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    i am guessing that also includes pokerus? and thanks :D

None of the boosts applied to the battler are counted. I cannot remember if the Exp share bearer gets a boost if infected, I will look it up.

Demeter

Obsessed Band Nerd
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Pokerus only doubles EVs. And infected pokemon does not gain extra exp.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Pokerus only doubles EVs. And infected pokemon does not gain extra exp.

I think he meant tthe EVs of the Exp Shre holder because they too get EVS

Years
    The Mansion below Hearthome city

When you enter the mansion you have the option of going up, and you get outside where's grass, you can go left or right. But both doors are off-limits. How come? Is there any chance of opening the doors?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Nope. There is nothing outside of those doors.
    People have even tried using cheating devices to get past them and there is really nothing but null back there.

True Justice

Years
    Nope, the doors always remain locked. Even if you walk through them with a code, nothing happens. So you've pretty much seen all there is to the mansion.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Is there any way to back up my pokemon save game?

I've done so much on it now that I would hate to lose it somehow!
    Nah... Each game cartridge only holds 1 save file...

My question: Are these things helpful?
    - Wide Lens
    - Muscle Band
    - Wise Glasses
    - Expert Belt

Please explain how do they boost the stats.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Nah... Each game cartridge only holds 1 save file...

My question: Are these things helpful?
    - Wide Lens +10% Accuracy
    - Muscle Band +10% damage of physical moves
    - Wise Glasses +10% damage of special moves
    - Expert Belt +20% damage of super effective hits.

Please explain how do they boost the stats.

Over wifi, the only two worth using are wide lense and expert belt. The 10% boosts are hardly worth using.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Is there any way to back up my pokemon save game?

I've done so much on it now that I would hate to lose it somehow!

I think some cheat cartridges and flash cards can do that. My brother has a SuperCard Slot-2; I use it to back up my save file sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Nope, they're set. A continual rise would be extremely imbalanced.
    So that means...
    If my Infernape is attached with Expert Belt while he is fighting with an Ursaring, his Close Combat will be rise, right? But how about his Brick Break? (The movesets are only example.)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    So that means...
    If my Infernape is attached with Expert Belt while he is fighting with an Ursaring, his Close Combat will be rise, right? But how about his Brick Break? (The movesets are only example.)

Any move that does super effective damage will be given the boost, so your fight moves will be +20% but your fire moves will not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back