• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
Years
  • I'm at Mt. Coronet. There is a guy blcoking my way to The Spear Pillar. All He keeps saying is, "I'm hopelessly lost! PLease don't pay atteention to a lowly grunt without any pokemon!"

How do I get him to move?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I'm at Mt. Coronet. There is a guy blcoking my way to The Spear Pillar. All He keeps saying is, "I'm hopelessly lost! PLease don't pay atteention to a lowly grunt without any pokemon!"

How do I get him to move?

You're slightly off-track of where you are meant to be heading. Just before entering the cave you are in, you were in a snowy trench outside, right? Moving upwards from that entrance, you'll see two Rock Climable portions on the wall, one leading up and one leading left. Take the left one, and then carry on heading left down the steps and through the grass until you see a cave entrance in the side of a wall.
    Proceed through, back into the caves, and head up and around the steps until you find the exit to Spear Pillar.

Don't forget to save the game.. ;3

Tac One

Years
  • You're slightly off-track of where you are meant to be heading. Just before entering the cave you are in, you were in a snowy trench outside, right? Moving upwards from that entrance, you'll see two Rock Climable portions on the wall, one leading up and one leading left. Take the left one, and then carry on heading left down the steps and through the grass until you see a cave entrance in the side of a wall.
    Proceed through, back into the caves, and head up and around the steps until you find the exit to Spear Pillar.

Thanks a lot, I'll try that.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Yeah the game has no problem with you having non sinnoh pokemon before you get the national dex, only difference is they show a ??? pokedex number

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
  • J'ai une question, s'il vous plait.

I just EV'd a Rampardos. It has a Quiet Nature and 203 Atk at Lv. 47 (I think. Not entirely sure.) I just checked on Serebii using the IV calculator and I discovered that it has 31 IVs in Attack! Now onto my question:

Could someone double check this for me? I am not entirely sure if Serebii is right, although it is reliable. This is the EV spread: 252 Attack and Speed, 6 HP. I just need someone to double check this for me because if my Rampardos does not have 471 Attack at Level 100...I'm going to be ticked off.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Well I can tell you without checking a calculator your not going to get a 471 Attack stat on your Quiet Rampardos.

Simply because 471 is max attack, that is max IV EV and + Attack Nature, Quiet Nature is a +Sp Atk nature and therefore your attack (with max IV and EV) can only reach 429

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
  • Thanks Angelic Diablo. I needed to know that my Rampardos was going to get at least the max Attack stat for a neutral nature.

Another question: When training a Deoxys, do the stat gains reflect what forme it is in? For example, suppose that I had all four formes of Deoxys (Normal, Speed, Attack, and Defense) and they all had the same natures, IVs, EVs, the whole shabang. If I trained them exactly the same way, will they have the same stats when they reach level 100 or do the stats refelct what forme it is in?

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    The stats are dependant of what form it's in. The EVs will transfer from forme to form, as you would expect, but since Deoxys's forms have different base stats, the stats will be different.

Tac One

Years
  • You're slightly off-track of where you are meant to be heading. Just before entering the cave you are in, you were in a snowy trench outside, right? Moving upwards from that entrance, you'll see two Rock Climable portions on the wall, one leading up and one leading left. Take the left one, and then carry on heading left down the steps and through the grass until you see a cave entrance in the side of a wall.

Thanks a lot and I now have my Dialga (Quiet Nature, in an Ultra ball). took mw two time to fight him though, my Heracross knocked him out on accident with Rock Break.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • The stats are dependant of what form it's in. The EVs will transfer from forme to form, as you would expect, but since Deoxys's forms have different base stats, the stats will be different.

One exception to this rule however is the HP base stat. All forms of Deoxys, Rotom, Shaymin and Giratina have the same base HP stat.

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
  • Still talking about my Deoxys, let's say I want to have this setup for a Special Sweeper Deoxys:

Deoxys @ Choice Specs
    Bold Nature

Psychic
    Zap Cannon
    Focus Blast
    Shadow Ball

Is it okay if I put in 252 for Sp.Atk, 252 for HP, and 6 for Speed? Also, is this a good setup for a SSweeper? It takes down 10 types, so I think it is pretty decent.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2009
    ARDS Help

I am trying to get more pokemon in my diamond game not to battle with but to get all of the achievements with. I use pokesav and last time I tried it, it gave me a bad egg so i had to start over... is there any reliable way to insert the codes without having to type them in letter/number by letter/number???

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • About an hour ago my Barboach evolved into Whiscash and I was so happy that I almost licked and cleaned my dirty DS Lite but then I started to think what kind of infections I could get from it and buried it under the other stupid ideas. I also started to look what EV training means but then I got so confused that I had to drop that idea so I was hoping that someone of you could easily explain to me how it is done and what it actually is. :P

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Brief guide to EV training:
    *Each pokemon has an effort value (Hence the term EV) in up to two stats. This value is between one and three, and usually corresponds to the stage of evolution that pokemon is in. For example, zubat has a value of one speed compared to crobat's 3.
    *Everytime one of your pokemon beats another pokemon, you get EV points equivilant to the EV of the poke you just beat, so KOing a zubat gives you one speed point.
    *Once a pokemon gets 4 EVs in a single stat, they get a +1 boost to that stat. A pokemon may only have 510 EVs total and 255 EVs in a single stat (Only 252 of these are useful though, EVs should be divisible by four). So by EV training you can gain a potential 63 points if you focus on a single stat- that's quite a lot =]
    *Several things factor into EV training. Vitamins give you EVs, certain berries take them away. Power items give you extra EVs, and pokerus doubles them.

That's just a brief overview, more detailed guides to EV training locations and which items do what can be found in the FAQ stickie in this forum and the Compiled 4th Gen Guides stickie in the S&M

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Walls absorb attacks. Tanks absorb attacks and have the power to deal them out too.
    Wall: Blissey. Tank: Snorlax.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • Professor Oak Where Are You?

These are the steps I have done.

1. I beat the Elite Four.
    2. Then I seen all 210 Pokemon and got the National Dex.
    3. I re-beat the Elite Four.

However Professor Oak is not in the southern House. Where is he? I want to get the Legendary Birds. :)

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back