• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • You can also use berries to get rid of their EV's if thats what you mean are messed up. And then just battle.
    That won't work for level 100 pokemon. They can't gain new EVs through battling since they don't earn experience points.
    Everything's messed up about them XD Moves, EVs, etc..

Is this the right place to ask this? Sorry if it's not..I'm really confused on where to ask..
    How do you keep track of your EVs on paper or any way?
    Yeah, I sometimes write them down or just list the defeated pokemon (ex Starly) and put tally marks next to it. Also, there's a counter app on the Poketch. It's number 11.

There's no in-game way to tell. However, you can visit a lady in the Poke Seal mart in Sunyshore. If your pokemon have 510 EVs (maximum), then she will give them a ribbon.

Well, I think that question is okay for here. If you need help on things like:

EV spreads and movesets for certain pokemon
    EV training hotspots
    Counting EVs (math help)

And more technical stuff about EVs, then head to the Strategies forum.

How can I find out what is the best natures for my pokemon?

You can ask here for help on a specific pokemon. I've listed this before, so please pay attention.

Another helpful site is here. Go to the top right corner and type in the pokemon's name in the search bar.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • How exactly does one resurrect fossils? I just got my diamond and can't figure out where to get my cranidos. Any help?

TwilightBlade

Years
  • How exactly does one resurrect fossils? I just got my diamond and can't figure out where to get my cranidos. Any help?

Go to Oreburgh City. There's a museum in the north, and talk to the scientist behind the counter. Leave the fossil with him, exit the building, come back and pick up your new Cranidos. Make sure you have an empty slot in your party.

Years
  • It means that that Pokemon has already been obtained.
    EDIT: My bad, it means that that's the current Pokemon out I believe.
    OR if it is not, then it is just a random animation.
    Thanks for the bad rep, nooblet.

Last edited:

agurcsik

Wee Warios like Strawberries
    Years
  • How do you get a Pikachu to learn Volt Tackle in Pearl?

I think Dark Master means the Pokeballs at the top left of the touch screen, tha's the only place I've ever seen a wiggling Pokeball. It means they're close to leveling up, everytime I see that I look at my Pokemon's data and see that the XP bar is nearly full.

Last edited:

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
  • How do you get a Pikachu to learn Volt Tackle in Pearl?

I think Dark Master means the Pokeballs at the top left of the touch screen, tha's the only place I've ever seen a wiggling Pokeball. It means they're close to leveling up, everytime I see that I look at my Pokemon's data and see that the XP bar is nearly full.

You need a Light Ball. The Pickachu is the Trophy garden have them, there's a 5% chance of them having them though. If you have a PKMN that knows Covet, you can use a PKMN with Static to increase your encounter rate. Then switch to the one that knows COvet and use that to try to steal it from them. That's what I did.

Snicker_Kicker

Let's kick some Snickers...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    Uh, hi? I'm new here.

I've always wanted to know what the data screen will say for a Pokemon transferred from Pokemon Colliseum all the way to Pokemon Diamond will say. Would it say 'Distant Land' or 'Hoenn' or something else. And who would it be from?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Uh, hi? I'm new here.

I've always wanted to know what the data screen will say for a Pokemon transferred from Pokemon Colliseum all the way to Pokemon Diamond will say. Would it say 'Distant Land' or 'Hoenn' or something else. And who would it be from?

It says a Distant Land it the OT stays the same as always.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    By breeding with two pokemon from the same egg group that have appropriate moves that will transfer to ur egg pokemon. Its easy to find the egg groups/moves on serebii.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Why does this happen to my Milotic?

A paralyzed Milotic uses it's Facade attack. Does it normally, but after 3 or 4 hits, I noticed it's backsprite moved up a few pixels (as the game is 256x192, it's easy to see). Why?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • How do you egg move PKMN?
    Adding / clarifying what - H A Z A - D I V O- said...

1. If both of the parents know a move that the offspring can learn by level up, the offspring will know the move upon hatching.
    2. If the male parent knows a TM / HM move that the offspring can learn, the offspring will know the move upon hatching.
    3. If the male parent knows a special egg move that the offspring has, the offspring will know the egg move upon hatching.

So when breeding, you need a male and a female Pokemon that share the same egg move. The species of the offspring will always be the same species of the female Pokemon (unless the female is Ditto, in which the offspring will be the species of the male).

Aside from 1, only the male Pokemon can pass moves down to the offspring.

Chukapi

Merry Christmas! ;D
    Years
  • Trading goods underground

Hey. I have a rather common question which I suspect has already been asked before (although my search didn't come up with anything), but nevertheless I will ask.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, trading goods underground. Now, I know what you're thinking, it's a common problem and it's probably a glitch in the game/connection isn't good etc. That's probably your answer, but the thing is, I have attempted to trade goods underground and I HAVE SUCCEEDED ONCE BEFORE. It used to tell us "see you tomorrow" or whatever it was, then suddenly it allowed us to trade. However, now it has reverted back to the same thing "Sorry, blah blah blah see you tomorrow!" So I am certain that there is something I did then in order to trade which I am not doing now and that it is definitely not a glitch in the game -- it is possible to trade underground. But I am completely clueless as to what it is that allowed me to trade, so does anyone have any ideas at all? >.> I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!

- - Chukapi.

Years
  • It's a baby girl.

Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Baby Gible :]
    Freshley hatched.
    And now I need to know how to check her IV's, EV's, and DV's.
    How do I do this?

TwilightBlade

Years
  • IV=DV

Individual value and Dynamic value are both static; in other words, they're inborn and cannot be altered.

Put her in your team and do a level 100 wifi battle. You can request said battle here. Check her stats with an IV calculator and write down her IVs. Then disconnect from the battle (turn off your game).

Since she's newborn, she would have no EVs, provided you haven't battled with her or gave her vitamins.

If you have more questions, please use the Q&A. [Don't reply here, please]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back