• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    No one really knows. It could be a hidden easter egg. So on one day of the year they step aside? One day this year, in Snowpoint, in rains crystals insted of snow.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe they're guarding fleets of Mew-carrying trucks! XD

Seriously though, I wish they'd stop putting suspicious nothings into Pokemon games. It's not very nice of them :P

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • Pokerus

I just got a level 60 Garchomp from the GTS. I realized it got infected with the Pokerus. I checked a guide on how to infect my other pokemon with the virus. Those pokemon just hatched out of an egg. I had one more egg to hatch so I can infect it too. But by the time my egg hatched. I saw smiley faces on my pokemon. I knew what it meant, that the virus is cured and the pokemon can't get infected.

I'm freaking out right now. I have a Piplup with a Mild nature and a Riolu with a gentle nature, that were infected. I'm trying to EV train them. (I'm new at this.) I also saw a debate as to whether or not I can still get the EV bonus.

Should I continue to train the pokemon? Or Breed more and infect again?

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
  • Breed and infect again. you lose the bonus after pokerus is cured. Oh okay, my bad Schala.

Last edited:

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
  • Actually, I'm almost certain that the virus still gives the bonus after its cured, the only thing that changes is that it can't be spread. You should still be able to train them fine. (Just a note, but you CAN infect unhatched eggs as well.) If one of your Pokemon still has the active virus, I suggest that you infect a random Pokemon that you won't use, and leave that Pokemon in one of your boxes so you can infect others with the virus whenever you want.

Years
  • tips for a good manaphy

Hey magmortar213 here does anybody have any good tips to raising a good manaphy with hight stats if they do please tell me because i have a manaphy and i want it to be strong so give me a heads up.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Give it a good moveset, make sure it has high IVs, good EVs, and in Double Battles, pair it with Kyogre. A good moveset would be this:

Tail Glow
    Surf
    Rest
    Ice Beam

Good luck with your Manaphy! :D

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Can you obtain and train pokemon not in the sinnoh dex, even if you dont have the national dex yet?
    I think you can, yes - but if it's via the GTS you have to have seen the Pokemon to trade for it... which is hard if you're restricted to Sinnoh dex Pokemon until you see them all anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2009
    Really lost, (If you haven't got as far as snowpoint gym don't read)

hey guys, im sorry to bother you and im sorry if this was answered but I have looked and cant seem to find a answer.
    I'm really stuck rofl I don't remember getting this stuck when I played Pokemon before...I have just finished at snowpoint city I think its called, I beat the gym leader and I then went onto battle the team and free the three Pokemon in the place where they have the warp tunnels...sorry im no good at remembering what is at which city :(
    The three Pokemon's went free when I clicked the button...but I have returned to the three lakes and not found any of them, I dont know where im meant to go next and the walkthroughs just confuse me more, im sure when I played it before I saw the professor and he told me to catch the first of the three Pokemon's 0_0 one of the team (who I defeated to set the captured Pokemon's free) said he was heading for the wind tower is it? and something about Mt Coronet...Help please im sooooooooo lost 0_0 thank you so much :)

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Before they go back to the lakes, you must go to the peak of Mt. Coronet and prepare a battle against Palkia or Dialga. It is quite a long journey, but the easiest and fastest way to get to the peak is to fly to Oreburgh, head North, go up the ramp and turn right, enter Mt. Coronet, go up, surf along the water and just follow on from there. You will need surf, strength and rock smash, and also make sure you take you best Pokemon, there is going to be a lot of combat involved with Team Galactic. Hope this helped.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back