• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • transfer pokemon bk to GBA

hi im about to get diamond tomorrow. im wondering if i transfer my blastiose to diamond will i be about to transfer it back?

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    hi im about to get diamond tomorrow. im wondering if i transfer my blastiose to diamond will i be about to transfer it back?
    You first have to beat the Elite 4 in Diamond before you can transfer your pokemon in a GBA game.

Is there a way to store items from your bag somewhere? I'm tried of having to scroll through all the plates and other similar items to get to something I had just used.

Years
  • No, but you can press the Select(Not Y) button on an item. That makes it scroll much faster. Using the touch screen to scroll also moves through items faster. Using both just goes ridiculously fast.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • Trade Evolutions

Sorry if i ask stupid questions, but is it true that Trade Evolutions won't evolve if they are Lvl 100?
    I read it somewhere, but that kind of sites isn't really very reliable...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Is there a way to store items from your bag somewhere? I'm tried of having to scroll through all the plates and other similar items to get to something I had just used.

You could try attaching items to random Pokemon stored in your PC, but as for a dedicated section, no.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • They'll evolve at any level if they're trade-evolution since they don't have to gain any levels.
    IE, a level 100 Haunter will turn to Gengar after a trade.
    A level 16 Haunter (Old Cheateu, dongle thing) will evolve also even if it's under leveled.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Sorry if i ask stupid questions, but is it true that Trade Evolutions won't evolve if they are Lvl 100?
    I read it somewhere, but that kind of sites isn't really very reliable...

Incorrect. You can even trade, say, even a lv... 3 Haunter and it will become Gengar. Same with Slowbro. Any level, just as long as it met it's requirements.

AceTrainerLandon

Shiny Ace
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    say you have a pokemon using stat boosted moves, then baton passes it to another pokemon.

now if the pokemon who had the passed moves were to be called back or roared/whirlwinded/etc away, would it lose its boosts?

same question for non baton passed pokemon. if they simply just used a stat boosting move and was called back, would it lose it?

AceTrainerLandon

Shiny Ace
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    that STINKS! haha

one more question.

how does the whole substitue thing work? cuz sometimes a sub can live an attack, and sometimes it cant....

how can one make sure it does live an attack? o.o

Years
  • It all depends on the strength of the attacking pokemon.
    Subsitutes can only take a certain amount of damage.
    Once its peak damage is beaten, it's gone.
    I don't exactly know how much damage it can take.
    But I'm guessing the amount of HP used for the substitute is how much it's peak damage is.

So if you have a pokemon with 400 HP, 25% is 100 HP, so that might be it's peak damage
    And a move that does 100 HP Damage will destroy the substitute.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    There's probably no answer to this but why does Ice have a reduced effect against Water? I'd think that Ice would have normal effectiveness against Water since Ice could freeze water.

Years
  • I've looked at Bulbapedia trying to solve this question, but I'm nervous that it's incorrect or that I read it wrong, so I'm going to ask it here.

Is Cleffa or Clefairy available in the area of Mt. Coronet from route 208? It says on Bulbapedia that Cleffa has a 5% of appearing at night or day, but I've been here for hours and haven't seen a single one. Am I just unlucky, or am I in the wrong area somehow? :S

AceTrainerLandon

Shiny Ace
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    I've looked at Bulbapedia trying to solve this question, but I'm nervous that it's incorrect or that I read it wrong, so I'm going to ask it here.

Is Cleffa or Clefairy available in the area of Mt. Coronet from route 208? It says on Bulbapedia that Cleffa has a 5% of appearing at night or day, but I've been here for hours and haven't seen a single one. Am I just unlucky, or am I in the wrong area somehow? :S

hmm well if ur searching for a CLEFFA:

it could be found at the Mt. Coronet entrances at Route 207 and 211

Route 207 supposedly having a 25% encounter

Route 211 supposedly having a 4% encounter IF Pokemon Sapphire is inserted in the GBA slot

It can also be found in the trophy garden. but you gotta ask the owner to check if thats what he saw that day.

as for CLEFAIRY

It can be found on any floor in Mt. Coronet.

Floors B1-7th floor having a 15% encounter rate
    the Top of Mt. Coronet having a 5% encounter rate

and also at the Trophy Garden. But be sure to check once again if that is what the owner saw.

So in conclusion, yes you are looking in the right place. Just give it time. :]

then again, theres always the GTS method and the trading method on here. :D

Hope i helped!

Years
  • Thanks Ace - I was pretty sure I was in the right spot, but I'm glad that you helped me out so I was sure.

I eventually caught four Cleffa (Don't you just love it how you wait hours for a pokemon to pop up, then when you catch one of them they start appearing a lot?), one had a decent nature, and I hope she'll be a good addition to my monotype challenge team. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back